Had booked a Singaraha room and as Ambassador member I mistakenly thought we would get an upgrade to a Club room - afraid to say it didnt.
We arrived very late (dont travel Lion Air - chronic delays of 2-3 hours) Check it was made very nicely - beware the upgrade to Club isnt a part of the Ambassador or IHG thing here. We did get an upgrade to a Singaraha duplex which actually doenst make much sense when you are only a couple - except gives you some more stairs to climb :-) and a darker room due to the balcony wall is a bricked halfwall letting less light into the room.
The room is large and perhaps the furniture at the downstair level feel a bit lonely - could do well with another sofa chair or other furniture to fill the void - thus make it feel a bit more cozy and warm.
Bed was nice and good no problem there. The bathroom was nice with a good tub and shower seperated. There is a toilet at the groundlevel so you dont have to climb the stairs when you need to visit. The view was very limitted (room 3406) and can only imagine the rooms further down (towards the beach are very very dark due to trees blocking light and view. Overall the grounds a very well maintained a covers a vast area and plenty of pool space should you drop the beach, The beach is nice and there is a rent boot where surfboards and kayaks can be rented.
The Singaraha lounge is not to be confused with the Club level with offers which I have experienced in i.e. Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur and Jakarta - it is a somewhat meager effort to make you feel special. The coffee is ok and thats pretty much it for the lounge.
Breakfast is great we enjoyed thats immensly - we had the choice of two different restaurants. Both are very nice , the main restaurant is however having a larger spread.
We tried the beach /bar restaurant and it was a bit surprising the waiter couldnt tell the difference between a medium and large steak i.e is a medium steak 200 grammes or is a large 3 or 400 grammes?
The Italian buffet dinner was a good experience and the food is very well presented. The buffet refers to the starter and dessert only - you will still chose from the menu card when the main course is to be decided. We can highly recommend the seabass and chicken breast.
Will we come back ? Probably becoz overall the resort is nice and well maintained with good and efficient staff all over, but we may also take a serious look at other IHG hotels to see if we get more from our IHG membership.
The staff was overall very kind, efficient and very helpfull throughout the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blessed by an endless stretch of white sand beach overlooking the tranquil waters of Jimbaran Bay, InterContinental Bali Resort features 417 guest rooms in three unique levels of accommodation. The property embraces a 14 hectare tropical landscape that is a blend of indigenous flora, gentle waterways and stone statues reflecting the island’s artistic heritage. There are six swimming pools, Planet Trekkers children’s resort, a fitness centre and plenty of recreational activities to keep guests occupied throughout the day. Spa Uluwatu is a dedicated healing and beauty facility for individual sessions, while the exclusive Villa Retreats promises indulging spa packages for couples. A superb choice of restaurant venues makes every dining experience an adventure in culinary excellence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Bali Intercontinental
- INTERCONTINENTAL Bali Resort Jimbaran