Where to start? Booked a Club Duplex Suite for 5 nights, was well excited to experience the Club benefits at this resort. We were picked up at the airport in a brand new Mercedes, Resort wasn't far away - approx. 15 minutes with a bit of traffic. Staff were awaiting our arrival, and we were immediately warmly greeted. We were escorted through the resort and the Club Lounge and taken directly to our room to complete check in with a Club Manager and our Butler.
Room was fantastic, definitely spacious - two levels, with guest toilet, living area, small dining table and balcony on the bottom level. Upstairs was the bedroom, wardrobe and bathroom. Large flatscreen TV and DVD player both upstairs and down. Room was ultra clean and beautifully furnished. Cashews and a box of chocolates were waiting for us in the room, and fresh fruit was changed daily. Choice of Acca Kappa or Aromatherapy Associates bathroom amenities (there were no un-branded amenities in ceramic pots as referred to in reviews of different room types). Bathroom was really large, with enclosed toilet, huge shower, and bathtub / vanity.
We were provided with a Club Lounge schedule and a map of the resort. To begin with, the Club Lounge offerings are of high standard and plentiful. Guests have a choice of breakfast at 5 venues, however we ate each morning at Taman Gita Terrace as the buffet was HUGE with an excellent offering. All types of cuisine are catered for, and there's even an omlette / egg station, a noodle station, a Japanese breakfast station, a pancake station and a fresh juice station (all interactive, chefs will cook / prepare your selection in front of you). On our last morning, we were (to our surprise) escorted to a special elevated Bale by the Main Pool overlooking Jimbaran Beach for breakfast. There there was a small buffet prepared, but a waiter was standing by the whole time to take any requests for food (e.g. eggs, omlette, toast etc.) This experience was a great surprise!
Afternoon tea is available in the Club Lounge every afternoon from 2pm - 4pm, with a selection of teas or refreshments, a plate of 4 various sandwiches, and a selection of sweets (scones, cakes and tarts).
Evening cocktails and canapes from 4.30pm to 7.30pm are generous - unlimited cocktails / refreshments, a selection of cold canapes followed by hot canapes, and a cheese and fruit selection. Cocktails are also complimentary during this time at the Club Pool Bar.
In my opinion, the Club offerings provide enough food for the day - every day we were altering our plans as we were always so full - skipping lunch or dinner or both! Or purposely skipping Club offerings to allow for a proper lunch or dinner. In addition to the formal sittings, the Club Lounge is open 24 hours a day for light refreshments.
The Club Pool is great - much quieter than the main pool with plenty of seating, including day beds and Bales. Every time we spent time by the pool we were provided with bottled water, cold towels and fruit skewers. Our sunglasses were even cleaned every morning!!!!
We received an invitation to join Club Management for a sunset cocktail party on the beachfront at sunset, where there was a live traditional Balinese performance.
Had dinner at Ko Japanese Restaurant, experience was great - we opted for teppanyaki (other choice was sushi), it was a great live experience with a skilled and entertaining chef preparing our selections in front of us. Food was fresh and tasty with amazing flavour. This restaurant is relatively pricey (for Bali), but worth the experience.
The resort grounds are expansive and immaculate, with no detail overlooked. There are many fish around the resort, and every morning, fish pellets are provided around the bridges. It is a pleasure to wander the grounds at any time of the day. The highlight for me was the service - each and every staff member was polite, obliging, friendly and smiling - can't ask for any more, yes it is part of the culture, but it totally enhances the experience of the resort. We received a phone call on a few occasions to ask if we were satisfied with our room and our stay.
Upon checkout, we were escorted by our Butler to the Club Lounge to complete the process. We had a midnight flight out, and to our surprise, we were allowed to stay and enjoy the Club Lounge offerings even after checkout. Our transfer back to the airport was already prepared. There wasn't a moment where anything was unorganised or unenjoyable at this resort. Put it this way; I like Bali, and even though it's not my favourite holiday destination, I would return to stay at this resort. I would recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat and cannot wait to return myself.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Bali Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Bali
- Intercontinental Hotel Jimbaran
- Intercontinental Bali
- Bali Intercontinental
- InterContinental Bali Resort Jimbaran
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded within the boundaries of the exclusive neighbourhood of Jimbaran Bay on Bali's southern coastline, InterContinental Bali Resort embraces 14 hectares (35 acres) of tropical landscape. Blessed with an endless stretch of white sandy beachfront as its stunning backdrop, the resort integrates ornamental ponds, a winding lagoon and aesthetic stonework. Suspended between heaven and earth, this 418 luxury room resort was designed to blend modern convenience with elements of traditional Balinese architecture. Complementary Wifi ServiceWifi service is available throughout the Resort covering all room, suites , meeting facilities, public areas and even the beach. bandwidth coverage of 12MB is one of the largest on the island of Bali with over 150 wireless internet point spread across the propertyThere is an obvious sensitivity towards the surrounding environment, whilst respecting the rich culture of the island, its fine artistry and Hindu heritage. InterContinental Bali Resort has an alluring appeal with just enough versatility to cater to the needs of couples, families and business travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your InterContinental Bali Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.