“JBC food is good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC)

Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC)
Jalan Pantai Muaya, Jalan Four Seasons, Jimbaran, Bali 80361, Indonesia
0361 709 959
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 119 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Tapas, Continental
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC) is your all-day long haven to relax in Bali. We have a perfect location on the Jimbaran Bay, with a fantastic view on the Indian Ocean. The beach here is quiet and authentic, ideal for swimming. You will also love JBC's Mediterranean menu, prepared by our team of experienced chefs. We are open from early morning, with a healthy and organic breakfast, to dinner. Happy Sunset Hours from 4pm to 7pm.
cuttack
“JBC food is good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Late lunch on Dec.23, 2012.
Very relaxing to sit by the sea close to the end of beach with Denpasar runway visible at the other extreme. Thankfully our first meal outside the resort turned out equally good. Surprised to be the only guests throughout the leisurely, prolonged sitting. We had Indian vegetarian and were quite satisfied.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

sydney
“Avoid like the plague. Better options nearby”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Do not bother. The view is great the food was terrible. Served raw chicken ( Bali belly invitation) and fish was undercooked. Had to send it back twice.
No apology either. Staff were disinterested in serving.

Hard to find something nice to say other than the location.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
KKB_Management, Gérant at Jimbaran Beach Club (JBC), responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear je1972,

Thank you for your visit of the Jimbaran Beach Club. I am sorry that you were so disappointed with our food and our service. We have tried hard in the past year to raise our standards and I wish you could visit us again to see the difference.

The facilities of the beach club have also improved as we made some big repairs to some damaged areas (following storms in April 2013).

At last, we have also introduced a new menu, featuring more seafood dishes.

If you visit us again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly (thibaud at kupubarong dot com) and i will make sure that your meal goes perfectly.

Best regards,

Thibaud
“Unacceptable waiting time and where is the manager??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This restaurant is located on a nice part of the beach. We were with 12 people and ordered food at 13.00 hr. The restaurant filled up with lots of new customers. However nobody received any food for at least two hours. Many irritated guests started complaining. We finally spoke to the staff and they were apologetic and informed us that the food would come soon. Well this was not the case and we waited for 2 1/2 hours (with hungry kids!) before the food finally arrived. The staff agreed to give us 20% discount however this was not to our satisfaction. You begin to wonder where the manager of this place was. After questioning the staff they told me the manager was not there. So I asked them to call him. After I spoke to him I was hugely disappointed that the manager couldn't care less and told me that the staff had to pay 20% out of their own pocket. I asked him how could he be not there when it is high season and to support his staff who were being harassed by many other guests. I feel sorry for the staff who have a boss like this and if you ask me I would have fired him sooner than later. He didn't care at all about his staff or his guests. On the other side even though we had too wait extremely long the quality of the food was very good and the ambience is nice.
If you have a few hours to spare than this is a good place just make sure you order your food 5 hours before by telephone and you might be served on time! Is this really part of Four Seasons?

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Food is fantastic, but beware of hidden charges!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We went here for dinner one night after spending time at its sister spa in nearby Nusa Dua. When we arrived, we were shown to a table by the beach, which had a lovely view. The prices seemed reasonable on the menu. My sister did not want grilled seafood and only wanted fried noodles. I was going to order the fried rice but once the waitstaff heard our dinner choices, they mentioned that there was a minimum feeof 300,000 IDR. We were shocked. Nevertheless, I instead chose grilled fish which came with steamed rice and green veggies. My sister was "allowed" to keep her choice of noodles. We also noticed that on the menu, the peanuts served with the welcome drink was not complementary. (we did not eat them.) Since I ordered fish, they asked me to go to the fish tank to pick the fish and to check the scale, as the seafood is priced according to the weight of the item. Once I chose a fish, they asked me how I would like the fish to be prepared and I chose their speciality, a barbecued semi-spicy sauce. When our food arrived, the presentation was lovely. The grilled fish was barbecued to perfection. We gobbled up the food and were given the check, which was reasonable (but it wasnt the minimum that they quoted; it was more like 219,000 IDR). Since we had arranged for a free transfer to our hotel, it was extremely easy to get back to Nusa Dua (about 20 minutes away). Would recommend, but just be wary in advance. The food is really fantastic and should not be missed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Give it a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch at Jimbaran beach club. The location is great and it allowed my daughter to play on the beach while we observed.

Some other review mentioned the minimum fee. This is correct, but we were told this on entry. I can see why, as otherwise everyone would just come and sit on their loungers drinking water. They have to make a living.

The minimum spend is 150k IDR, which was fine as we had lunch. I negotiated a 10% discount as we were staying in a hotel near. So it's worth asking.