“Love everything about the Hotel. Fantastic location, exellent value for money but a bit dissapointed with the Spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa

Save Saved
You added Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa to your Saves list
Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Raya Uluwatu | Banjar Pesalakan, Jimbaran, Bali, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Our best price? Our site.
Ranked #17 of 36 hotels in Jimbaran
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The spa was connected to the hotel however need few days advanced reservation and no priority to hotel guests and also the Spa receptionist was a bit snobbish. Not really representing the Balinese warm and welcoming culture. Aside from the SPA, I loved everything about the hotel. Will recommend this to anyone going to Bali!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mandakuw,

Thank you very much for your stay in Kupu Kupu. It is truly nice to hear your positive feedback about the hotel.

Regarding the spa, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our receptionist. I had a word with her and I believe she will be more careful handling guests in the future. It is true that our spa is often fully booked and I strongly advise our guests to book a few days in advance to make sure they have a spot.

We actually do give priority to hotel guests, as well as special discounts and benefits. In particular, we have a very good value offer available on our website with a Free Spa for a minimum of 3 nights stay.

As you are staying not too far from Bali, I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again soon in Jimbaran...

Thank you again for choosing our hotel,

Best regards,

177 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent here two nights on the way to the Gili's. The hotel is really nice and stylish, especially the infinity swimming pool, very long and narrow. The Uluwatu Suite we were given is huge with a supercomfy bed. I only didn´t like the quality of the bathroom amenities, I was actually expecting them being by L'Occitane, a little disappointment. There's a regular buggy service to bring you to the nearby beach (10 mins walking otherwise) were it's located their own beach club. The package booked via Booking.com was including 1hr massage at the annexed Bamboo Spa by L'Occitane which is pretty outstanding. Breakfast is overall good although not extraordinary (almost no fresh juices, only watermelon), compensated by a delicious cappuccino. Overall a very good option in Jimbaran, 100% recommendable, would definitely go back again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear fijitime71,

Thanks a lot for your feedback about your stay in Kupu Kupu! It is a pleasure to read that you had a great time and that you would go back again!

We didn't have L'Occitane amenities when you stay in the hotel indeed, I understand your disappointment as our Spa is branded with L'Occitane. We are actually changing our amenities to L'Occitane starting mid-February 2014...

We hope to see you again after this change....

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of very good rating on booking.com.

This hotel was brands as L'Occitane spa but none of the products in-room is L'Occitane. The walkway to room was decorated by plants but given its winter and no leaves the plantation looks dirty and unpleasant.

The spa was connected to the hotel however need few days advanced reservation and no priority to hotel guests.

The hotel is member of Jimbaran beach club, but the club is very low class access to not-so-impressive beach and unclean restaurant & bar.

The worker needs to go into the room for fixing wires cables for the next room, they went into our room without permission or prior notice. We were aware of it only as we came back early and manager said we could not go back to our room!

So - overall bad experience of this hotel already. This is our last day and we are left with such bad impression of Bali.. We will not comeback.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Pkarn,

Thank you for your review and for your stay in Kupu Kupu. I believe your review was written while you were still in the hotel, a few hours after your arrival. I am sorry that your first hours with us left you unsatisfied and I wish we could have given you a better first impression.

As you were staying with us on 2nd January, one day only after New Year, it is true that our spa was fully booked, even for hotel guests. I am sorry that this happened and regret we could not find a solution to accommodate your request. In the future, I recommend to make an early booking, especially during high season.

You wrote a separate review on Trip Advisor about our beach club, to which I replied separately. In this review you mentioned that you didn't actually try neither the food or the facilities. You went to the beach club, it was raining, and you left after a few minutes. I agree that our beach club is rather a simple one, but I wish you could have seen it during a sunny day as I am convinced that your impressions would have been very different.

Regarding the fact that you were not able to access your room, I believe that it was misunderstanding and I apologize for being the source of it. I was the one who talked to you when you were in the lobby, and I informed you that there was someone installing a phone cable outside of your room and that it would take about 15 minutes. This was a courtesy to you and I did not mean that you could not go to your room. I am sorry that I didn't explain myself more clearly.

Regarding the L'Occitane amenities, I apologize if we didn't have any during the time of your visit. We are actually planning to receive them mid-february 2014 and they will be available in all of our rooms.

Regarding the walkway to the room, the plants did not have any leaves yet indeed as we had just planted them. In only a few weeks it will look much better I hope.

I really do believe that we could gain your trust back if you ever decided to visit our hotel again. If you do, please do not hesitate to send me a message directly (thibaud at kupubarong dot com) so that I can make sure you have an enjoyable stay.

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

Singapore, null, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights, taking their package which include daily massage at loccitane spa, daily breakfast, afternoon tea, and lunch/dinner. We think it's a really good deal. The room is nice and spacious. Only the water is a bit salty, not sure why. The staffs are helpful and nice (especially Dewa). The food is quite good, I prefer the served breakfast to the buffet one. The property is small and built on a small shopping center below, but this is not an issue at all, we still got our beauty sleep very well. The only disappointing point will be their jimbaran beach club, it's not maintained well and the seats are dirty, very different from the pictures. The food there is also not so great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KKB_Management, Manager at Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Yofi_L,

Thank you very much for your comments about Kupu Kupu Jimbaran. You booked our special package with daily spa and daily meal voucher, which is indeed great value especially during low season.

Regarding the breakfast, we have an "à la carte" breakfast from Monday to Saturday, and a special buffet on Sunday with free flow pastries and wine.

I am sorry that our beach club facilities left you unsatisfied. I will work with the team there to make the necessary improvements especially with the food and maintenance.

Hopefully we will have the chance to welcome you again and show you the difference!

Kindest regards from Jimbaran,

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived at Kupu Kupu we felt like we were the only guest at the hotel. The spa offered a wonderful retreat from the heat of the day and a extraordinary experience of pure indulgence. The staff at the hotel was gracious and attentive . The resort manager Thibaud offered wonderful suggestions for hidden surf spots as well as tips on finding and sampling local cuisine . He and his staff were also helpful in offering suggestions for day trips during our stay. I truly miss the wonderful baked treats that magically appeared on our pillows each night. The pool was a perfect refuge to enjoy a quiet moment or a cool break from the warmth of the day. It was also a wonderful treat after a full day of adventure to take a swim under the light if the moon. We can't wait to visit again.

Dear Sherrie,

Thank you so much for your stay and for your wonderful comment! We are all happy you felt so happy with us and we hope that we will welcome you again soon!

Warmest regards from Jimbaran,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Kupu Kupu Jimbaran has great location and just 2-3 min away from beach. Airport is just 10 min away.
Their spa was great. Every massage session is our replanished period.
Hotel manager Thibaud and his team are very helpfull. We found an answers for our every questions.
The rooms are elegant and nicely decorated.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fadil,

Thank you so much for your comment, It was a great pleasure to welcome you in Bali!

I hope to see you again in Bali or in Turkey...

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

just got back from Bali and very happy with our stay in Kupu kupu Jimbaran.

The staffs are all very friendly and helpful. Rooms are great, location is good, complimentary spa is wonderful. Pillows and bed is great.. I really wish I could purchase the pillows.. they are sooo comfy.

Few inputs to improve:
- Security concern: We went out for supper at 12.30 midnite and were surprised to find the main gate wide open with no one in the lobby (no receptionist).
- the body lotion smells like glue
- please provide teaspoon for wasabi on breakfast

Overall, I would definitely stay in Kupu kupu Jimbaran again on my next trip to Bali.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear aldehyde19,

Thank you for your review of Kupu Kupu Jimbaran, I'm glad that you had a happy stay with us!

Regarding the points of improvements:

- For security, it was not normal that there was no one in the lobby when you arrived at 12.30 as we have a receptionist and 2 security guards at night. Maybe you could send me a private message with the exact date that it happened? It would be very helpful to make sure this does not happen again.

- Regarding the body lotion, we decided to change our supplier. We will get them from a famous brand and they will be individually packed to avoid any issues. This change will be effective mid-february 2014 as the amenities are imported from France.

- Regarding the tea spoon for wasabi at breakfast, maybe you could give me more details by private message as well?

Thank you again for your stay and comment, we hope to see you again soon in Kupu Kupu!

Thibaud

Been to Kupu Kupu Jimbaran - Rooftop Suites & Spa? Share your experiences!