“Lovely food, lovely view” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were taken here by our taxi driver, we weren't sure whether to trust him as every driver seems to have a personal interest with a restaurant. However, the view was beautiful. Make sure you go as the sun is setting. The fishing boats are all in front of the sun and it looks lovely. Very romantic.The food was delicious. I had a steak as I do not like sea food but my partner had fish, which was as fresh as you can get it and he said it was delicious. When the sun goes down a band starts to play and there are Balinese dancers and fireworks. Its a lovely place to spend an evening. Try and sit as far on the beach as possible.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
“Overpriced for what it offers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Go somewhere else. "Industrial scale" fast seafood of questionable quality at ridiculous prices. The whole of Jimbaran bay is a but overrated.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Seminyak, Indonesia
“don't go where the taxidriver takes you”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Same story, the taxidriver told us he would take us to a 'honnest' restaurant with the best fish. We ordered 'fresh' jumbo prawns. They were grilled untill they were very dry and tasted horrible. For Indonesian standards, the price was absurd ans I'm sure the taxidriver got a share.
The setting however was very nice, tables on a nice beach.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur
“Not bad.. certainly not the worst!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

On the way back from Uluwatu (to Kuta Beach), I'd decided to make a detour & come to check out Jimbaran. My driver brought me here, stressing several times that I could just have a drink & chill, I was in no way obligated to have a meal.

I got myself a table on the beach, most of the tables were already occupied & the place was all abuzz with staff busy serving/clearing, the strolling band making their rounds & cultural performances were on at the nearby stage. Since it was already dark, there wasn't a great view of the sea. After ordering my drinks, I flipped through the menu & decided, oh well, I might as well have dinner here. Knowing that places like these are quite the tourist trap & it wasn't going to be cheap, I went in well aware & willing (I'm sure my driver would've been more than happy to take me elsewhere if I'd wanted!).

So, I made my way to the seafood counter, selected 500gms of squid & 500gms of fresh water prawns & selected how I'd like them prepared. I didn't wait too long before my dishes arrived. All fresh seafood orders are accompanied by a complimentary plate of stir fried kangkung (a.k.a. water spinach), a variety of yummy dipping sauces, an endless supply of rice & fresh cut fruits at the end of the meal. I'd opted for my prawns to be chilli barbecued, which turned out fine. The chilli marinade was rather yummy that I just had to have it with a bit of rice. The prawns were not over cooked & were succulent. The squid was battered & deep fried, went great with the dipping sauces.

The staff were great, stopping by every now & then to check on me (also possibly because I was alone?). The bill was not cheap but was lower than I'd expected. You can however keep the cost lower by ordering fewer fresh seafood items & having dishes like the seafood fried rice/noodles.

I didn't have an upset stomach later, the food was fine, service was good - I'd say my experience here was a good one, but I won't be making a return visit though, simply because it isn't extraordinary enough to warrant one.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Most horrible seafood anywhere in the universe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

King prawns we chose when raw became regular sized when they arrived at our table. Fish available was not fresh. To top it off there was a 21% tax which was ridiculous coz the food was terrible. The were dishonest merchants. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.Yucky

• Visited June 2013