“Awesome view, average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Jakarta
“Awesome view, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

We got full service started with pick ups and dropp off at our hotel in Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua. I can say the service is excellent, the food is average and the price I can say it's quite pricy (Come on, It's Bali).
But I can see they're trying their best in the food preparation- too bad when we're there they don't have any life fish- don't know why.

I think they have to pay lot's of money to rent the space/place to government that's why the price is quite expensive (for me). I ask some of their employees to get better info on what's driving the price, they did confirm that all 21 restaurant in Jimbaran has the same price for each kind of food- they say it's the agreed terms. That's why I get the impressions, the government is driving all the price. But, considering you're in Bali and sea food is best when you have it next to the beach, right?

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Sydney, Australia
“NEVER EAT HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My partner and I went to jimbaran bay for a romantic dinner, this is where our driver pulled in so we thought we would try it out, it started off with a poor variety on the menu then to my girlfriend receiving an incorrect meal, my meal didn't come until 20 mins after my partner had finish eating they had even handed us the bill before my meal came.
Everything was highly expensive and eating here ruined our day, do yourself a favour and eat else where

yanguru, Guest Relations Manager at New Matahari Cafe, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear guests New Moon Cafe, we apologize for not good service during your visit dinner at our restaurant, we will immediately reformation from now, so that our future can be better, and also for the future of our restaurant as well as the family of our staff who where very dependent with your review,,,, my regards to your family
“Starting off with a fresh coconut milk...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

...served by very friendly and pampering staff Nick and her colleagues who make sure that you feel in heaven. If you are quick you will also have one of the four deck chairs just in front of your table. A shower is available next to New Moon.
You can enjoy freshly cooked and delicious sea food partly at European rates accompanied by tasty vegetables. Wine is more costly then in Europe as it is imported so I stuck to beer. Big bottles of water are not on the menu but are available if you ask.
When leaving charming Meikel will organize you a driver within seconds.
I will be definitely back in June.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Butler, Alabama
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Excellent table on the beach.Great friendly staff.Food was nice.The grilled fish was excellent and the Lobster was nice.The oysters were my favorite. The margaritas were ok. All this for around $115 US dollars.

Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
“Nice location to enjoy sunset dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Walking along the 4 km long Jimbaran beach, we got here to get a drink during. The atmosphere was very nice and the sunset was going on, so we decided to stay for dinner. At the entrance we choose some nice fresh fish to get BBQ. Beware of what you choose or you end up with something that you dont like. Our fish was good grilled on the BBQ so no complaints. Althouigh the food is of average quality, the relaxing atmosphere and the scenery is a great.

• Visited April 2014