“Lovely if you expect to be eating the shell of the prawns, not me thanks!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ganesha Cafe

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Phone: Email:
Darwin, Australia
“Lovely if you expect to be eating the shell of the prawns, not me thanks!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We went with 2 kids who love prawns and squid, got given too much, then crunch, crunch crunch. Sorry never eaten prawn legs before and not about to start now. Great set up and the potential with creating an experience fails - worse than the typical bali fail! Calmari not in rings just tough chewy and more than often also crunchy bits not sure what the crunch was from?
Lots of otber choices and great setting BUT......also the most expensive meal I have ever had in Bali. Look forward to trying the neighbours next time!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Rockingham, Australia
“Expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Taken by our driver, the best restaurant (apparently), 4 adults & 2 children + taxes + fees 2,800,000 rp, $280 aus, $88 for crayfish, the ultimate rip off.

Visited March 2014
Langkawi, Malaysia
“Flavorful Indonesian seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Gasesha Cafe is located in Jimbaran, Bali and serves good seafood on the beach. I enjoyed a mix seafood platter with prawns, clams, sea bass and squid. Everything quite flavorful but some of the elements a little too overcooked. The sauces and sambals were very nice and I got a generous portion of Kang Kung in soy and garlic which was really really good!
The area was a little crowded though, and there was not really any add on experiences that gave you that extra wauw factor, but a nice place for a good meal that reflects the Balinese cuisine very well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denpasar, Indonesia
“food is ok with expensive price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

taste food us ok,with that kind of price....lesser than i expected eat 3 person spent almost IDR.1.500.000 shock

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Almost ruined my trip to Bali”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

What a waste of an evening visiting this place! The single worst experience in Bali. Food was ok, but over priced. Like everyone else our driver took us here (I'm sure he gets a kickback) In the end we hardly ate half our food due to smokers. There was not a single table were we could escape it. After being moved to the far side of the beach I was promised it would be fine. By the time our food arrived and we started eating the placed someone right next to me puffing away, even though I had explained 3 times, very clearly, that I was allergic to cigarette smoke. I had to leave. If you are a non-smoker just avoid Bali as a whole, it's not a place for you.

• Visited February 2014