“Expensive” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Phone: Email:
Rockingham, Australia
“Expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Taken by our driver, the best restaurant (apparently), 4 adults & 2 children + taxes + fees 2,800,000 rp, $280 aus, $88 for crayfish, the ultimate rip off.

Visited March 2014

• Indonesian first
Langkawi, Malaysia
“Flavorful Indonesian seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Gasesha Cafe is located in Jimbaran, Bali and serves good seafood on the beach. I enjoyed a mix seafood platter with prawns, clams, sea bass and squid. Everything quite flavorful but some of the elements a little too overcooked. The sauces and sambals were very nice and I got a generous portion of Kang Kung in soy and garlic which was really really good!
The area was a little crowded though, and there was not really any add on experiences that gave you that extra wauw factor, but a nice place for a good meal that reflects the Balinese cuisine very well.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Denpasar, Indonesia
“food is ok with expensive price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

taste food us ok,with that kind of price....lesser than i expected eat 3 person spent almost IDR.1.500.000 shock

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Almost ruined my trip to Bali”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

What a waste of an evening visiting this place! The single worst experience in Bali. Food was ok, but over priced. Like everyone else our driver took us here (I'm sure he gets a kickback) In the end we hardly ate half our food due to smokers. There was not a single table were we could escape it. After being moved to the far side of the beach I was promised it would be fine. By the time our food arrived and we started eating the placed someone right next to me puffing away, even though I had explained 3 times, very clearly, that I was allergic to cigarette smoke. I had to leave. If you are a non-smoker just avoid Bali as a whole, it's not a place for you.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“2nd review 2 years apart... Disappointing ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have eaten here about 5 times and was really disappointed this time. No chairs on the beach so we had to sit inside which is stuffy and you leave smelling like smoke. I found my receipt from 2 years ago... My hubby and I had 1.6kg lobster, prawns, squid a few drinks and it came to $160AUD. They gave us a 20% discount for being returning guests. This time we ate the same but our bill was $250AUD. Once again we were promised a discount for returning custom (only 10% this time) but the guy that offered the discount said I will give you a discount if you look after me (give him a tip?!) by the time they added on the 15% tax the discount was obsolete. The beach was disgusting... Full of rubbish and plastic bags... Obviously they used to clean the beach in the previous years I have been here but not anymore. It's such a shame, none of the 20 restaurants look after their biggest asset.. The beach. The seafood was cooked nicely over the charcoal, but I can't say it was worth what we paid. The pippies, oysters etc were sitting in tubs with no ice... No way I would eat them. The dead fish and prawns needed more ice... They were just lying in tubs of murky water. I am no longer going to save Ganesha for my seafood indulgence. I might return here and just get some prawns (about $30 a kg) but that's all.