“Disappointed and left with a feeling of ripped off” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Phone: Email:
Perth
“Disappointed and left with a feeling of ripped off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Went here a few months ago. We really wanted to go to another restaurant in Jimbaran Bay but the hotel said they couldn’t find it and they decided to book us a table here instead, a honeymoon table as they said. Already before going there I felt that it wouldn’t be all we hoped for. The driver was way to early and annoyed that we were “late” (30 minutes before take-off time). The drive was uneventful but when we got there it was… well unorganized chaos would probably describe it the best.

We were taken to a counter with a wide selection of seafood and the prices were quite high, even by Australian standards. We opted out on the overpriced lobster and chose to have 3 tiger prawns each (total of 6) and 2 Red Snappers. The prawns were $32 / kg and ended up at a total of $38 (1.2kg) and the snapper at $16 / kg (total of $22 for 1.4kg) I have no clue how the 6 prawns could end up weighing 1.2kg’s but I couldn’t be bothered at that stage, I was just way too hungry.

We were led to a table on the beach with stunning views, it was quite romantic sitting on the beach watching the views but at the same time it was just crowded. I never understood what was the deal with the “honeymoon table” until our dinner was over and they realized that they had given us the wrong table when we arrived. We were supposed to have the one with undisturbed views, flowers and candles that were in front of ours.

Anyway, we were served some soup as starter but I only tasted it and never ate it as it was way too salty. The seafood came in, freshly bbq’d and I have to say it was delish. I really liked the taste of it. The condiments that it came with were nice as well. I am just having a problem with all the seafood in Bali not being filleted and served with bones and everything, but I guess that is just the way they do it over there.

The food was quite nice but way too pricey, and there are just too much people for my taste, if the wind is blowing the wrong way the entire beach is just filled with bbs smoke.

I don’t really know what to say… Its another Bali-tourist trap. I don’t think I will return for a “romantic beach sunset dinner” at Ganesha Cafe or Jimbaran Bay. It is too crowded for romantic, way too expensive and the food not even that good in the first place. There are heaps of better places in Tuban, Kuta or Legian that are on the beach that serves excellent food, great service and with the same beautiful sunset that can be enjoyed with your loved one.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

40% Recommend
Dubai, U.A.E.
“not going again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I ate here last night. We ordered calamari, fish, lobster and shrimp (my husband doesn't know when to quit ordering). We ended up paying European prices, which I was not too happy about. I believe that lots of drivers, tour guides, etc. send people to this place to get a percentage. I am not positive about this theory, but it seems to be a place where lots of drivers bring their guests. We came here because the manager of the villa we are staying at recommended it.
You choose your fish/lobster/crab/shrimp, they weigh it, the plop it into a plastic bin beside where the grilling/boiling/frying takes place and then you go sit at your table. You really have no clue if the fish you chose is the fish you are eating... but that is a little paranoid and if I am going to take on that mind-frame I will not eat anywhere :)
You also get veggies, that don't taste too good, and a fruit platter for dessert (which is one small wedge of watermelon and cantaloup).
The shrimps were good, as was the calamari. Everything else was so-so. They bring yummy sauces with the food too.
You can see airplanes land from the restaurant which was pretty cool.
Overall, this is an average place that is over-priced.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Australia
“The BBQ fish was the good thing about this restaurant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We were the only customers in the restaurant for an early lunch. Service was less then average for the prices. The BBQ fish was lovely, prawns way overcooked and rice dry and gluggy. Toilets were clean and generally seemed clean inside. It was not really good enough to recommend as there are way better places to eat.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gymea Bay, New South Wales, Australia
“Average Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We went here as our taxi driver recommended it - apparently there is a % discount to the driver on the the total amount if bill!

The salesman at door was pushy and we ordered some fish which was average.

The toilets were very very unclean and with 3 kids it was not ideal.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Delhi, India
“Awesome place for seafood grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Foodies paradise on the beach with best seafood grill.

The restaurant on the beach serving grill seafood, gives guest choice of fresh seafood available in the aquarium to their stock.

An experience of sitting on the beach facing the sea with amazing fresh breeze blowing on ones face with the air filled with some awesome aroma of the meat being grilled is just amazing.

A complete value for money food... A must visit place to enjoy local grill seafood.

• Visited September 2013