“Nice and friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Abi Bali Resort & Villa

Save Saved
You added Abi Bali Resort & Villa to your Saves list
Abi Bali Resort & Villa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera No 89, Jimbaran, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Jimbaran
Maroochydore, Australia
“Nice and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My sister and I stayed at Abi Bali to be close to my brother and his family who were staying at the Four Seasons. We didn't spend much time at Abi Bali but when we were there we found it to be really nice. The staff are very friendly and always say hello. Our room was very spacious and the bathroom was huge. Yes, the water pressure is up and down but things like this in Bali don't bother me....after all, I'm in Bali. The only meal we ate there was breakfast. I tried most things on the a la carte breakfast menu and enjoyed all of them.
It wasn't as close as we hoped to the beach (where the Four Seasons is) but it was easy to get a taxi (RP30,000) or hotel shuttle. We did walk it one day and it took us 20 minutes.
Abi Bali is a little out of the way but if you're looking for a quiet, friendly place a short drive to many beautiful beaches, this place is great. Fantastic value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Abi Bali Resort & Villa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear SkadiM1970

Thank you for your review regarding our Resort, we really delighted to know that you still remember our services and enjoying your stay with us as we will try to keep improving the service and facilities for the convenient of our guest. Abi Bali resort and villas is design to give our guest a complete privacy and luxury yet still affordable in price. Once again thank you very much for choosing us for your stay, we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Bali.

Ivan Sutanto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Indonesian first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Well for one if you're a light sleeper do not stay here. The dogs next to the resort are horrible and never shut up. They (Bali) need to learn to clean air conditioners and pushing two singles does not equal a king. Honestly stay somewhere else they also neglect to give back your deposit.

• Stayed July 2014
Reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

....you are looking for a place to do nothing and you upgrade to the private villas with private pools. I'll try to explain.

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of our 6 months trip around South East Asia. We booked after reading the reviews on TA and I suppose we had our hopes set quite high.

Staff
They are all fantastic. From the check in staff to the cleaners, they all stop and say hello and ask if you are okay or need anything. You couldn't ask for more.

Rooms
There are different types to choose from. The majority appear to be set In blocks of around 8 rooms with a pool for each block. Which is lovely if you are looking for privacy. The rooms themselves (excluding the villas) are okay, nothing flash. There is an outside shower area but we found this to have changeable water pressure whilst you are in the shower and not always hot. This is okay during the day but first thing in the morning or at night it can be a little cold with the wind. We were on the ground floor and the door leading from the room to the outside bathroom only locks from inside the bathroom meaning you cannot lock the door from inside the room. A jump over the wall of the outside bathroom (6 feet) and someone can be in your room. Our bathroom also backed onto a wall 8 foot high with barbed wire - I don't want to think what was over that wall. A simple bolt lock on the door from inside the room would suffice.
There is also no safe in the room. Any valuables should be left with reception, a bit of a pain really. TV and wifi worked fine and a large fridge.

The villas did look amazing, on the occasion we peaked through the doorways but I guess only good if the food is amazing as you'd want to make the most of your villa....

Average at best. The prices are reasonable but the food is very bland and tasteless. This is shown in the numbers that attend the restaurant for dinner. One evening there was no one we saw in there between 7pm and 8pm, just staff sitting around.
Breakfast is okay, served a la carte from a menu, enough choice. The pancakes were good and there were refills on the orange squash (not juice) and tea and coffee.

Location
The website states it's 800m to the beach. Actually it's more like 2km. The hotel provides a shuttle during the day departing every two hours and you make your own way back. You can easily hire a car or bike from reception. We hired a bike for 75k for one day.

Overall, we wouldn't come back here.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Abi Bali Resort & Villa, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Jame5

Thank you for your review regarding our Resort, we really delighted to know that you still remember our services and enjoying your stay with us as we will try to keep improving the service and facilities for the convenient of our guest. I really appreciate your honest advice by put it into section by section. This kind of information from you is very valuable for us to keep improving our service to the guest, and I will definitely bring this into our monthly meeting assessment with each department. Abi Bali resort and villas is design to give our guest a complete privacy and luxury yet still affordable in price. Once again thank you very much for choosing us for your stay, we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Bali.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Abi Bali is a nice little abode, but a bit run down considering it is only 3 years old (what staff told me) and the rooms feel a bit more like a hostel than a hotel. The rooms are very spacious, but cold in decoration and layout. My room had a outside bathroom (where the cupboard for clothing also was, which if any clothes were put inside they would have been damp with the humidity right away). Would be easy to put in a glass or standard wall to make this space part of the room. The place certainly has potential if they do a few changes in interior design and minor construction alterations. I was very worried about going out at night, since the bathroom door leading to my room could not be locked (a simple click lock inside would do) and could be accessed easily from outside if someone wanted to... security risk. The staff were wonderful though and service is great. I hope they improve the accommodation to match.

Room Tip: probably a villa as closest to the entrance and more privacy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear TCDHK

Thank you for your review regarding our Resort, we really delighted to know that you still remember our services and enjoying your stay with us as we will try to keep improving the service and facilities for the convenient of our guest. I personally really appreciate your kind advice to improve the interior design of our resort room and building, We are currently under progress for further expansion of our resort room, and I will put few points that you mention into our consideration. Abi Bali resort and villas is design to give our guest a complete privacy and luxury yet still affordable in price. Once again thank you very much for choosing us for your stay, we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Bali.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

By American standards, the value you recieve from this hotel is phenomal for the cost. I just had a regular room which was about $80 a night, and am very pleased with my experience. I stayed there from 6/6/2014 through 6/10/2014, but I was impressed well before my stay even began.

During the booking process I paid extra to be picked up from the airport, and when I communicated with the hotel prior to arrival they were prompt to confirm my reservation, and that the abil bali could see I had made a reservation for a driver to pick me up. I had read nightmare reviews of other hotels where the staff had forgotten to pickup guests from the aiport. That was not the case with me. I provided the scheduled time of my arrival, but my transport patiently waited the 90 minutes for me to pass through customs and immigration to pick me up and take me to the airport.

The hotel is beautiful, and even my room was very spacious. The bed was large and comfortable, though I would knock it for not being a proper king size bed, just two twins attached. The huge bathroom was elegant and charming, and the two free waters were a huge relief from what I'd heard about the drink ability of tap water in bali(don't do that). The airconditioner functioned properly and there were many TV channels to choose from.

While the room did not have a programmable locker, the front desk staff were very co-operative and prompt when I wanted to deposit and retrieve from the safety deposit box, which was kept in an air conditioned room and I felt even more safe about my treasured possessions I did not want to take with me.

The hotel was cooperative when it came to laundry to, as I dropped of my laundry bag at 10:am, and it was ready by before 8:00 the following morning and was neatly wrapped, pressed, and smelled nice.

The restaurant breakfast was pretty good, and the water, juice, and coffee/tea had endless refills. My cup seldom lacked for beverage. Also the portions for breakfast were ample and I enjoyed the fruit that came with breakfast.

The staff were helpful in arranging a bluebird(metered) taxi, and even helped me confirm the phone number from the local sim card I purchased.

The infinity pool was very pretty though I didn't take a dip, and the entire grounds were well kept have have a great calm, and romantic feel to the place. I can't recommend Abi Bali enough for a safe, romantic experience for your stay in the Jimbaran area, the only small knock against is is that sometimes the water takes too long to warm up in the out door shower, and that it doesn't stay as hot as I would like, but I was never in discomfort.

Book your stay at the Abi-Bali today!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Abi Bali Resort & Villa, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Sam H

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This place is amazing and the staff are so warm and friendly. I loved it! We had a room for one night (as villa not available) and then moved to the 1 bed villa the next day and it was truly fabulous!!! Only downside is that it states it's 800 metres to the beach but it's 2km and the walk along the road is not for the faint hearted. They have a shuttle bus though or you can take a taxi which is incredibly cheap... around 1.50 euro. We ate there one evening but that was a disaster due to a new chef but it did did not spoil our holiday. Jimbaran is very quiet with everything closed by 10pmish. Perfect for relaxing but would have loved a little bar to chill after dinner. It's one of the first times on holiday when we really felt sad when we had to leave.

Room Tip: It's well worth booking a villa. We stayed one night in a room but the extra money for the villa...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

mutiarabali, Director of Sales at Abi Bali Resort & Villa, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Rhiannon71

Thank you for your review regarding our Resort and Villa, we really delighted to know that you still remember our services and enjoying your stay with us as we will try to keep improving the service and facilities for the convenient of our guest. Abi Bali resort and villas is design to give our guest a complete privacy and luxury yet still affordable in price. I will inform our staff that you had satisfy with their services as I believe that they would be very happy to hear this. Once again thank you very much for choosing us for your stay, we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Bali.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and eighteen family and friends stayed at Abi Bali for 10 days in April. We invited them to come with us from Australia to celebrate our 40 th wedding anniversary.
The Abi Bali 'compound' was a perfect spot. The 'compound' is a walled area with two x four studio apartments buildings. Each building had it's own pool so we had two! The foyers/rest areas of the two building meet in the middle so we had a large area to get together to talk, eat, drink and party. It was ideal.
Staff were friendly and looked after us beautifully. They even decorated our room for us with flowers and rose petals on the day of our anniversary.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear 50somethingAustralia

Thank you for your review regarding our Villa, we really delighted to know that you still remember our services and enjoying your stay with us as we will try to keep improving the service and facilities for the convenient of our guest. Our Sriya resort (8 deluxe room combine together in 2 join building with 2 separate swimming pool and private garden with large living room is very suitable for a large group or family gathering and we really pleased to see that you and your family are having a good time. Once again thank you very much for choosing us for your stay and submitting your photos, we really hope to see you again for your next trip to Bali.

Ivan Sutanto

Been to Abi Bali Resort & Villa? Share your experiences!