“Karma Lounge Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 141 Restaurants in Jimbaran
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Barbecue, Indonesian, Pan-Asian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 'Karma Lounge', Karma Jimbaran's Signature Restaurant is found amongst beautiful tropical palms and scented frangipani trees in the heart of Karma Jimbaran's picturesque and exotic gardens, just a stones through away from the famous Jimbaran Beach. The Lounge is a perfect venue for all day dinning in relaxing surrounds, offering diners a more peaceful alternative to the bustling beach eateries. Bordering a shimmering candlelit pool and the immaculate resort grounds, 'Karma Lounge' offers a warm relaxed atmosphere with an enjoyable mix of live acoustic music, from Guitarists & Pianists, Jazz & Blues evenings to traditional Balinese Gamalan Bands. Our team of Chef's take pride in sourcing mouth-watering Ingredients from neighbouring farms as well as the freshest of seafood from the renowned Jimbaran bay fisherman and local fish markets. Western comfort food and Asian dishes. Guests can choose a more traditional Starter, Main & Dessert, or pick and choose a delicious selection of entree size delicacies each tantalizing the taste buds and offering an unforgettable dining experience. Matched with fresh tropical cocktails and an extensive wine cellar with over 100 different varieties of wine, 'Karma Lounge' is the perfect venue to relax with friends.
Brisbane
“Karma Lounge Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

We didn't stay at Karma but ate at the restauarant as we were passing one evening.
It is a bit pricey but the food was the best of our whole trip. We were also given complimentary starters.
The chef was very friendly and came out to chat with us during and after our meal.
We highly recommend it.

• Indonesian first
London
“Not what i was expecting...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I booked a meal at Karma "steakhouse" based on many reviews and descriptions found on the internet, and first things first: this is NOT a steakhouse. i was expecting a varied amount of steaks ranging from sirloin and ribeyes, to porterhouse and NY strip, including the famed wagyu beef etc. I also had heard about crab cakes and such, but found 2 steaks on the menu, no other options, and a lack of anything even vaguely steak related. the service was good but not great, and the poor staff were clueless when i asked what happened to the afforementioned steaks. for the price and service you can do a lot better in bali, and i was left with a bitter taste in my wallet. one other thing that annoyed me was that i had heard about their wine without whine concept... which has gone the same way as the Steaks, out of the window.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Karma_Kandara, General Manager at Karma Lounge, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thanks for the comments, RobVR6. Not sure what may have happened on the night you visited Karma Steakhouse, but we do offer more than two steak selections on our menu, imported Australian wagyu included. We are constantly reviewing our services and menu to see how we can improve on them and hope you can pay us another visit soon to experience the changes.

Auckland
“Back for a second helping...as good as the first.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

Just popped back to Bali for a long weekend with my wife and had to check out the Karma Steakhouse one more time as it was such a delight last time. Saturday night and the place was full and buzzing. Loved the new 'Wine without the Whine' concept; certainly takes the sting out of Bali's alcohol pricing. Glad to see things have only gotten better.

It’s always a pleasure having repeat guests, Asiawide. Happy that you were able to stop in again and cheers for noting the improvements we’ve made. Hope to see you again soon!

Yorkville
“Cheapish, but not close to worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Now, I come from Canada near Toronto so I have some of the best steaks in the world, including a Kobe Rib Eye that cost $265 at 10oz but was worth every $13 bite. I talked about this because I may be a little picky and I am maybe sure its "the best steak in Jimbaran" but I thought it was pretty much just bad. I started with a lobster bisque that was full of dry lobster chunks in the broth it was boiled in. I then had the tenderloin that is imported Wagyu at a price of only $29US. I got the basil pesto mashed potato, and the crab cake and lobster luxury side, which was soggy and pretty tasteless. My father got the strip and he said it was OK but was dissapointed with his shrimp cocktail. We skipped dessert because I was so dissatisfied with the meal on the whole. My steak was supposed to be cooked medium rare but was more rare/well done, and wow the toughest tenderloin I ever had. HUGE turnoff. I would try to stay away unless you are really craving a steak. Total bill with tip was $1,250,000 rupeah.

We appreciate the feedback and apologize for any unfavorable dining experiences you might have had at Karma Steakhouse, LuxuryLover. We take all comments seriously and are in continuous process of refining our service and food quality for our customers. We have made vast improvements since your review and we invite you back to note the difference. Thanks for writing.