My wife and I have just spent our honeymoon at Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate and as a result we really did have the best possible honeymoon. From the moment we arrived we felt that we were in sheer luxury and the staff were always very kind and extremely polite to us, no request we had was too big or too small for them and it was always lovely to have everyone call us by our names when they saw us, unlike big chain hotels where you are just another face in the crowd.
We stayed in a two bedroom villa, Munia, which was very private and secluded. Every night we slept like logs and woke to the sounds of the forest in the morning. There are outer walls to each villa, you can't see into anyone else's villa and you feel extreme privacy. We spent many an enjoyable hour swimming in and relaxing by our private pool and at night we often had our butler bring us some wine and we relaxed by the pool.
Every morning we ate breakfast in the Alcedo restaurant and it was great. It isn't the usual bland buffet fare, but food made to order for you from the menu, always fresh and delicious. On several occasions we had wonderful lunches and dinners there as well, the price was always very reasonable as well.
As part of the honeymoon package we received a free special lunch (not on the regular menu) which was magnificent and one night we had the romantic dinner by the pool and it was I would say the most romantic and enjoyable dinner my wife and I have ever had. Flowers were scattered in heart shape round our table by the pool, a heart shape bouquet floated in the pool, candles lit up the surrounding area and our butler brought us wine and food by the course as we relaxed and enjoyed an amazing evening. I would say that the romantic dinner was the highlight of the honeymoon for us, I can't thank everyone enough for it.
Also included in the honeymoon package was a day trip which we found very enjoyable, we got to see some of Bali's cultural highlights and most importantly, because we were with a Gending Kedis driver, we didn't get ripped off. When we had lunch in a restaurant during our tour some of the other tourists told us how the police stopped them and told them to pay large fees for "permits" to certain areas. Although a permit was perhaps $3-5 (the price we payed), some people were paying up to $30 which was ridiculous, but I got the impression the in the touristy areas police would target foreign travelers who were on there own or in small groups. Our driver looked after us perfectly, I can honestly say if it wasn't for him we would have probably felt really frustrated during the tour.
The other main inclusion in the honeymoon package was a 3 hour spa treatment for my wife and I. To be honest, I have never had a spa treatment before, but I gave it a bash and I loved it. My wife has had massages and spa treatments in many countries (Thailand, Korea, Japan, UK) and she said this was by far the best ever. I was so impressed by the quality of it we booked extra massage and spa treatment almost everyday.
The location of Gending Kedis is great if you want to get away from everything. Nearby there are a few well known chain resorts which are close to the beach, but also have a busy road running by them so you hear a lot of traffic. Gending Kedis is about 1.8km from the beach, it's a 15 minute walk, but the driver will take you down and pick you up later as part of the services provided. The beach at Jimbaran is very beautiful, perhaps the sea isn't as clear as that in some of the islands in Thailand we have visited (I can't say for other times of the year though), but the sunset there was breath taking. On two nights we ate dinner on the beach, the staff at Gending Kedis recommended some good places for us and we were delighted with their suggestions. We found the price and quality of the Menega cafe to be very good. On the beach there we didn't see any touts and nobody hassled us to go into their restaurant, it was a very pleasant atmosphere and we loved eating there whilst watching the sun go down and enjoying the beautiful reds and purples in the sky.
All in all, it really was a perfect honeymoon and we can't fault anything. We left with very happy memories and it's because of where we stayed. The manager, Douglas made us feel very welcome, he and his staff told us where to go and what to try nearby and they were always spot on with their local knowledge. If you are looking for a luxury relaxing get away, I would recommend this 100%, especially for honeymooners like us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran