We stayed at the Gending Kedis from July 16th to July 23rd.
I booked the Gending Kedis (GK) online and had several online conversations with the staff before our arrival. I arranged spa treatments and airport pickup online with no problems. I found the GK web site and very helpful and user friendly.
Upon arrival our family was collected from the airport and treated to cold water and towels that were appreciated after a 90-minute customs/ immigration line. Upon arrival, more cold towels and drinks. Check in was swift and friendly.
Our Villa: We booked the Sliangjana 2 that was perfect for a family with children. Both bedrooms are side by side on the upper floor. Our villa was a few steps from the complex pool, lobby, restaurant and Gym. This was an ideal location as we used the larger pool often as it had late day sun. As mentioned in other reviews we found the villa spacious and well appointed with all the comforts of home.
The hotel: The grounds were very well maintained with staff working to collect leaves and trim grass etc. I used the gym daily and found it well equipped. You never have to wait for a piece of equipment here as I only saw one other person using the gym during our stay. If you run you will like the treadmill as running on the streets in Bali is very dangerous!
We used the GK restaurant and found the food good and the prices reasonable. We took advantage of the GK beach club at Jimbaran Beach. The GK has an arrangement with a local beachfront restaurant that supplies GK lounge chairs and umbrellas. Good location for kids as the waves are small but still provide for good boogie boarding fun. The staff serves you cold Bintang Beer for 25000 r. (about 2.75 Canadian) and the food is also reasonable and good.
The Spa: My wife booked a five-day package and found the spa very good.
Service: In my view, the best thing about the GK was the service. Staff was excellent providing a level of service that was outstanding and professional. Staff remembers your name; they are helpful and are always smiling. The GK deserves thumbs up here!
My only complaint ( if you can call it a complaint) was the pool water in our villa pool was cold as our villa did not get allot of direct sunlight. This was not a problem as we used the complex pool that was a perfect temperature and was never busy. Most days we have the pool to ourselves.
Location: If you like peace and quiet you will like the GK. If you are looking for action, head to Kuta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gending Kedis at Jimbaran Bay is a collection of 1, 2, 3 and 4-bedroom luxury villas each with its own private pool villa. The resort is located within 15 minutes from the Bali airport and just 2 minutes drive to the white sands of Jimbaran beach.The resort has full services and amenities including the Alcedo Restaurant and bar lounge, room service and 2 function rooms. The Malkoha Spa offers a full range of body treatments and the Rudy Hadisuwarno Salon offers hair styling for ladies and gents. A fully equipped spacious gym and a 22 meter swimming pool complete the facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Hotel Jimbaran
- Gending Kedis Villas And Spa Estate
- Gending Kedis Hotel Estate
- Gending Kedis Resort Estate
- Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate Bali/Jimbaran