“Perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate

Save Saved
You added Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate to your Saves list
Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera | 100Y, Jimbaran, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 37 Hotels in Jimbaran
Perth, Australia
“Perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Everything was just great. We got married and spent our honeymoon in this Hotel and and we recommend Gending Kedis 100%, Excellent staff, service was professional at all levels, beautiful vilas, good restaurant, clean etc etc etc etc etc.
Our wedding was perfect and can't wait to go back to Gending Kedis.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

In july i spent an amazing 2 weeks at Gending Kedis Villas in Jimbaran Bali.
The Property , Landscaping and Villas are beautiful.
Service was professional at all levels. Friendly well trained staff took care of our every need without ever intruding.
Lovely dining room with fresh well prepared meals.
I had an opportunity to meet the Chef From Morroco and enjoyed some of his specially prepared dishes on our private dinner.
As for the Villas i have never stayed in such a beautiful Villa.
Rooms are spacious with very tasteful interior designs.
Keeping the best for last.
The Private swimming pool. I didn't want to ever get out of the water.
In all my stay in Gending Kedis was amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I spent three weeks at the lovely Gending Kedis resort on June 2014. We stayed in a 4-bedroom villa, which was truly amazing. Our villa had a private infinity pool, huge kitchen and living room, and a cute gazebo beside the pool. During our stay we took a Balinese massage at the spa. It was delightful and relaxing. We also had a manicure. The staff was helpful and kind. We used the free shuttle bus to take us to the beach and back. We also used the gym a few times. The gym was neat and had all the basic gym equipment. I also loved that there was ice cold water and small towels available at the gym. Our time at Gending Kedis was the best time ever. I would go back anytime.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Mebourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a 1 bedroom villa which was the size of a house, over 2 levels, huge pool overlooking breathtaking forest, incredibly quiet and private,also the biggest bath I have been in. I would absolutely stay in the suite again....but the service was very frustrating.
All the staff were lovely, and obviously trying their best, but they are either not trained properly or correct procedures in place to ensure customer satisfaction.
We stayed there for 3 days and not once could I order food without the wrong food coming or not understanding what I wanted to order, even though it is on the menu. It was incredibly annoying...because it was every time.
We were also interrupted multiple times by cleaning staff in the morning and staff in the evening, they new we would be in our room but would bang on the doors wanting to come in and clean or fog the room.....even when were were getting ready to checkout (early). I don't blame the staff at all, I think better training to improve the service from front desk to housecleaning would make it exceptional accommodation.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are many steps down, so if you don't like climbing up steps ask for somet...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We stayd at Gending Kedis villa for 7 nights. Villa and location are nice. We were bit disapoitned in servise. It was our 6 time in Bali and so far this one was unfortunately the worst experience. Not all staff could speak english. Staff is nice its just unorganise and unsure of what is on the menu. First morning we didnt get what we ordered then we had to ask 3 times to bring missing items. Bread basked didnt arrived till 25 minues in our breky. Next day similar situation. So we decided to order breky to the villa. Tried order food over the phone? almost misson inposible. I Needed to spell out what i want to ordered very frustrating. And then they still missed few items from the order. We never complain but this time we did. Someone can say its a little thing you can overlook but i think holidays should go smothly for money we paid. Nice touch was that we didnt get charge for extra 1/2 day we stayed in villa coz our flight was at 11pm. Over all nice but the servise needs to imrove!

Room Tip: we stayed in villa Prima no 16. You dont get much if any sun next to pool coz its facing forest. On...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed at Gending Kedis for four nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. We had a wonderful stay. The staff were warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We stayed in the Nuri villa, we had picked it because it was furtherest away and there were quite a number of steps, but that was welcome exercise for us! The villa was gorgeous, and I enjoyed swimming in the private pool. You could be seen by the villa above us if guests were on their balcony, not an issue as I found the 'hellos' from small Thai child cute!
The food in the hotel was excellent, we enjoyed breakfast every day. The food prices compared favourably with restaurants nearby and in Jimbaran Bay.
We went on a trip to Uluwatu Temple organised by the hotel, and that was lovely.
We had a massage in the spa and it was excellent.

Room Tip: The Nori villa, furtherest away, did feel mainly very private, and there was a jungle backdrop.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I arrived at this resort to a smiling and welcoming reception from the staff. Nice start. I was taken to my villa which was compared to a hotel room was quite considerable but lovely, the foliage/fauna on the walk was refreshing. My villa was at the bottom of the estate which meant an 81 step climb back to reception/breakfast/pool. I am 68 but didn't find it as daunting as I expected. The main reason for this was that there was no need to rush. Not even for breakfast. You can have breakfast at 3/4 pm if you want! This resort can make you lazy, the free shuttle encourages this, it takes you to the beach club/supermarket/bar/main town. It would wait on me while I shopped in the supermarket then take me back, very convenient. I don't how I looked on the 2nd morning for breakfast but I was offered another villa (2 bedroomed) which was just a short walk from the main pool. I readily accepted. The villas are really lovely and comfortable. The standard of cleanliness is quite exceptional, both in the villas and the resort. All the staff know who you are and call you Mr/Ms/Miss (name). I only ate breakfast which was always lovely. The board outside the main restaurant quoted a price which doesn't make it clear if it is for a couple or for one person. My villa was so private and relaxing. It was like a home you would love to own in the tropics. Your pool, I found to be a little cold for my tastes but all the other guests I spoke to found it refreshing from the heat. The air conditioning in the villas was superb. I like a cold interior and that is what I got. The bed and bed linen were really comfortable. I really slept well here. This was my 2nd villa resort that I stayed in Bali and the difference was night and day. This resort I would most definitely return to. The staff are lovely, (terrific Barber), the accommodation is great and the location (to me) was great. It was quiet and relaxing. Just what I wanted. The only downside was that the staff would disturb my tranquility to carry out their duties, I.e. turn bed down, take subbed mattresses in etc. Woke a couple of times though. In have stayed in about 10/11 5* hotels in the last 14 weeks, this is in the top 3 easily. Prior to arriving at this resort, I had read some negative reviews regarding the difficulty of getting into your private pool, the distance to your villa. And it looking dated. As a person who has cicumnavigated the planet 3 times now, plus accumulated by ears in South America,Middle East, I spent 17 nights of relaxed pleasure in this resort. 68 I might be but I know pleasure when it happens. Recommend it to any traveller. Tourist. I don't know what they expect!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Gending Kedis Villas & Spa Estate? Share your experiences!