“Don't miss this” 5 of 5 stars

0821-4606-0236
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: traditional balinese cooking class "green kitchen" in sidemenExperience the real balinese dishes in the sacred village in Sidemen.We are offering you our traditional way of cooking like using fire wood, natural tools etc…feel the energy of nature
Antwerp, Belgium
“Don't miss this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Even if cooking is not your most favourite thing, you should really spend a day at Green Kitchen Bali. After visiting the market and picking some fresh vegetables from the garden you learn how to cook some traditional vegetarian or non-vegetarian dishes.
The great thing is that you will be cooking in the chef's garden with a wonderful view on the rice paddies.
Great day for us Belgians who like to cook and eat.
On the way back to Ubud we were treated with some great '60 and '70 music: the doors, led zeppelin, ... and a refreshing swim in the river.
Great day and friendly staff!!!

Visited November 2013

• Korean first
“Great experience of Food, kindjes and culture of Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Must If You are around ubud. This cookingclass is fantastic. Unlike other cookingclass classes in Ubud town, this One is on the countryside in Bali, The real deal! You go to local MARKET see and taste local herbs and fruits. Taking herbs from his own family garden and the cookingclass takes place next to a tempel, in The Middle of The ricefeelds. I say no more! The kindnes of these people make them the best ambassadors of Bali. We can recomend this Cookingclass highly.

Visited September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Wonderful taste of Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I visited the Green kitchen while on a retreat in Bali and the experience was amazing. We met Kekul at the market where we were able to purchase snacks and see the locals prepare for the full moon ceremony. Then it was off to his house then a trek through the rice fields, picking fresh vegetables then up to his family kitchen in the hills. We were met there by his aunt, sister-in-law and niece who lovingly helped prepare the food with us. Kekul explained every step with care and shiwed us how they still use the old ways to cook the food. Afterwards we ate our delicious food while looking at the farmers working the land. This was a wonderful trip and highly recommended if you want to become one with nature as you share the food that is grown fresh from the land.

Visited September 2013
Dubai
“Wonderful organic Balinese experience...best cooking class I've experienced yet!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We did the class with Kekul who is so wonderfully supported by his family. There were 4 of us and he collected us from Ubud and took us to family home to see where they live and we met his lovely mother too. On the way, we stopped at the markets which are very traditional - no sights of other tourists. From the family home we walked through the rice fields to their organic garden and walked up to the custom built cooking area which is all outdoors and just beautiful. This is a very traditional experience and unlike any of the other cooking classes I've taken over the years in Bali. Well worth the 330,000 RP we paid and we were even given a lovely gift as we left. The entire family waved us goodbye, including the kids that popped up to say hello at the end if the class. If you want a warm, traditional Balinese cooking experience then I absolutely recommend this one :)

Visited August 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
38 attraction reviews
“More than a cooking class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I did this cooking class on Thursday. Three of us were in the class and we first stopped at the market. Then we went to see his family home. But the best part started when we went out to the organic gardens. We picked all sorts of things for our lunch. Noman taught us about the plants and we had a wonderful time in the garden. We then walked to the outdoor kitchen and had our cooking class.

I had visited a couple of Balinese homes and seen the typical Balinese kitchen. I was a bit concerned that Noman's kitchen would be typical which meant that although I may cook, I may not be eating. What a relief to see how clean and organized his kitchen was.

What an amazing class Noman offered. The food was delicious, the presentation fabulous. However, I felt like I received more than a cooking class. It was a very personal insight into the life of a Balinese. The way we used what was available was very touching. We made our own coconut milk, coconut butter and coconut oil. The dishes were authentic, the mortar and pestles were the real thing. The experience was very comprehensive.

The setting was exquisite. I left feeling peaceful, more in touch with what I want in life and renewed. Plus I feel more comfortable understanding and in the future cooking Balinese food.

Visited April 2013

Been to Green Kitchen? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Green Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.