“Shopping” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Malls, Shopping
Perth, Australia
“Shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just had a wee shopping trip to check out the store. Thought it might sell similar stuff as the markets in Kuta but it didn't. Got my son a few nice polo shirts for $7 and a DVD player for $15. My hubby got some memory cards a lot cheaper than Perth and some other iPhone connections at a good price. Handbags n stuff about $50 plus so no bargains there. Good to see but probably not worth the trip better to shop round Kuta strip, I think. Had nice Nasi goreng lunch for $1.50 on top floor if u don't mind sharing with some cockroaches ( just the small ones)!

Visited July 2013

Rotorua, New Zealand
182 attraction reviews
“Great place to shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We haven't been to Ramayana for a few years, but as perusual we came out with a few bags of bargains. Shoes, clothes etc - there is always a large selection, compared to what we have at home in NZ. Took friends for the first time, she really did some shopping! It's great these places are open in the evening as you can spend day by pool or beach and then come shopping at night. We generally get a driver and go around several of the shopping malls for a few hours.

Visited April 2013
4 attraction reviews
“Hardy's on steroids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you have ever been to Hardy's in Sanur, this is like Hardy's on steroids. It was like Matahari's but at a third of the price. A lot of the stuff is cheap and some of it is nasty, but I picked up some really awesome stuff for the kids here for super cheap prices, and the shoes here are really good. I wish I'd found this place earlier, we didn't find it til an hour before it closed on our last night in Bali. I bought as much as I could, but still ran out of time. They are especially good for kids clothes. There are four levels and I only made it to three of them, but there is also some food outlets on the bottom floor where you can eat. Very crowded, very popular with locals and tourists alike. Definitely recommend. I personally never found any "bad copies" of anything, but I found that the quality of the stuff I bought was similar to Matahari's. We'll go back again.

Visited February 2013
Perth
50 attraction reviews
“Worst shopping ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went here in November 2012 and it was just such a waste of time. Several floors of piles of bad copies (not Billabong, it was Balihong or Enspit instead of Esprit). Bad quality and that particular muggy smell things get in Bali.

It reminds me of a bad outlet market with baskets of seconds where the labels and prints have gone wrong.

Thought this could be a place to make a find based on other Tripadvisor reviews but it was just so bad.

Visited November 2012
Subagan, Indonesia
15 attraction reviews
“Great location and air con to while away some time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Ramayana is a chain of Indo dept. stores and this one is a good one.
Pizza Hut on the first floor,a chicken joint,Indo food fare,lots of small shops selling near anything imaginable.
Good watch vendors and repair services outside by the entrance.
Supermarket upstairs and a diversified food court on the same floor.
Huge department store that spans at least three of the floors and endless vendors selling you name it.
I guess the last time I was in Ramayana was in September when I lived in the capital,however,I regularly come down island at least once a month and shop at Tiara Dept and Grocery Store.
Head down the small gang behind Ramayana and it comes out with Tiara directly across the road.
Huge food court,swimming pool,massive dept store,kids entertainment centre that is impressive,every ATM going and a huge super market where I do all my shopping.
Ramayana is a distant second to Tiara,IMO.
Give them both a go.McD,tourist shops (oh le,oh le) the gold shops and other department stores are all near by.
You could spend a week in this area and wander around.

Visited September 2012