Landed in Bali with an Air Asia flight at noon - didnt get to the hotel until 2:30PM. :( This is because of 2 things:
1. There are 2 Mercure hotels in Bali. If you didnt tell them Harvestland, they will take you to the one in Kuta. Like what happened to us.
2. And if you do get taken to Kuta. You will have to be stuck on the most horrible traffic at Sunset Rd caused by some road construction that the taxi driver said had gone on for more than 1 yr, before reaching Jl Simpang Siur, where the hotel is.
But upon reaching the hotel, the staff was nice and courteous.
Our room was small but neat and clean. There was some lingering cigarette smell in the bathroom, but no trace of the actual cigarette.
In the bathroom, there are small tubes of shampoo and bath gel. As we were staying for more than 1 day, they did not replace the shampoo and bath gel, which was too late to call for replacement when we showered the 2nd day only to run out of them in the middle of showering, which wasnt nice.
The hallway was echoey and we can hear people going up and down the hall as it was un-carpeted. But most people were decent enough not too make too much noise.
The breakfast was OK and standard.
It is a bit far from other attractions, though there are some big souvenir outlets within walking distance from the hotel.
Going out of the hotel is easy as the taxi can help call a cab. But the traffic on that intersection at Sunset Road is going to get you one way or the other. Especially if you want to go to Kuta. It will get you on the way back as there is no other way around them. But traffic does get better in late evenings though.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta Hotel Denpasar
- Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta Hotel
- Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta Denpasar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta is a modern mid-scale hotel which is the right at the door of the biggest shopping mall in Bali, Mall Bali Galleria and Duty Free shop, factory outlets and close by to residential areas. The hotel is also within easy reach 5 km of Ngurah Rai International airport. All of the hotel rooms are designed to reflect the identity and heritage of Bali while embracing the contemporary style of Mercure. Each room is equipped with premium in-room amenities, a separate shower, satellite TV and Wi-Fi internet access. The hotel also has a beautiful terrace with an outdoor swimming pool and children’s pool, a fully-equipped fitness center, a coffee bar adjacent to the lobby, The Harvest club lounge and bar that can host up to 50 people. Add to that a ballroom with a capacity up to 400 people for conferences, weddings and events and a business centre. The stylish Roots restaurant offers set menus and a la carte comprising of international cuisine delicacies for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta, is a newly built hotel and is offering leisure and business travellers the perfect place to stay and enjoy all of Bali’s best attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Mercure Bali Harvestland Kuta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.