“Never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Yani Hotel

You added Yani Hotel to your Saves list
Yani Hotel
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Jln By Pass Ngurah Rai 660 Pesanggaran, Denpasar, Bali 80222, Indonesia   |
Ranked #77 of 202 Denpasar B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I booked this hotel due to the price. I should have picked somewhere else, anywhere else. Located too far from anything, with a constant smell of sewage it made for an unpleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Gosford, New South Wales, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Please if you are reading this..DO NOT STAY at Yani hotel. This is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in my life. I stayed in the suite rom, although the room was large ($80 AUD) a night, you could be staying in a 4-5 star hotel at that price, At 4am our roof caved in and we were told reception/maintanace arrives at 9am so just wait and they will fix it?? Was very hard to get a refund, took 2 weeks to get half my money back then another month to get the other half. There is no option other than to catch a taxi everywhere as you cant walk or you will be hit by a bike or taxi out the front. Also only about 500mtres away there is the local dump!! stinks sooo bad.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

The room was large with a fridge, tv and aircon. It looked clean. Complimentary water was provided everyday. It has wetrooms instead of a proper bathroom, which is to be expected. The windows had a 2cm gap in which insects flew through. The security wasn't brilliant, as the rooms lead straight onto the outside. There was toast and jam or balinese breakfast to choose from. The wifi only worked in reception. Overall it was basic which you would expect for such a low cost. The only real downside was that the dogs, which were kept in a compound behind the hotel, barked most of the night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I booked the hotel as it was advertised as being near the airport, but found that it's actually closer to stay in Kuta (where there's more going on) than travel out to Hotel Yani. They advertised a free airport transfer but when I tried to arrange this I was told that they DON'T provide this anymore.
To be fair, the room was lovely - clean and comfortable - and the lady in reception let me check out an hour later as I didn't feel well, however, what really spoilt it for me was the onsite restaurant: I was hustled out before the stated closing time (there wasn't anyone else there at the time so I expect the waitress wanted to shoot off early) and I was also overcharged for my mediocre food - when I pointed this out I was told that they didn't have enough change to give me. I mean COME ON!!! I wouldn't bother staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

We booked a superior room on Agoda for only €11,- a night and stayed 2 nights. The room was so much more than we expected, clean and big. Everything we needed. The staff was friendly and nice, some of them cant speak vry good English, but in the end we always worked it out :) on the corner of the street there's a lady that sells wonderfull dishes for vry cheap. Try the shrimp, it's amazing!

• Stayed August 2011
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

We only decided to stay at the Yani because we had an early flight from Bali back to Perth the next day and thought it would be close... if we had done our homework we would have realised that the Denpasar airport is actually nowhere near Denpasar...

The hotel is cheap to stay at and you really get what you pay for - very basic accomodation and an extremely poor location, you need a taxi if you want to go anywhere. When we arrived there was a terrible smell which seemed to desist as the night drew on; however, the TV was in good working order and we received a complimentary DINNER (something no where else in Bali offered us), and the staff were quite friendly. The bathroom is simple but OK, the shower has good pressure and complimentary soaps are available. Bed was also quite comfortable, but alot of scratches and drawing on the walls.

Overall, if you have very little cash and have no desire to spend a large deal of time at the hotel then I suggest you stay here, otherwise seek more appropriate accomodation.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

I booked nmy stay here online and when I arrived the hotel staff had no record of my booking or payment.

The hotel is located abotu 20mins cab ride from Kuta. It is also on a main street with no security checks between the street and your room. Meaning that anyone off the street can walk right up to your room. The room lock was not very good and the window locks are a simply latch that can easily be picked. I did not feel safe leaving my belongings there.

The room and linens smelled bad. It was not very clean. The bathroom was in need of repair and the drain for the shower overflowed. No seperate shower so when you shower the whole bathroom, toilet and sink get soaked.

The phone in my room did not work at all. When I used teh lobby phone to make a local call they charged me. The wifi did not reach my room, it had to be used in the restaurant.

The staff were lazy and unhospitable. They were not keen to deal with issues such as the phone, restaurant service was poor (the food wasn't bad though) and they were not eager to answer tourism related questions.

needless to say, one night here was more than enough! you can stay in better places for cheaper. See my other reviews

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Yani Hotel? Share your experiences!