Wonderful sprawling property on the slope of a hill, thoughfully done up. Great food that keeps one spritely and cheerful all day, maybe because I stuck to the "wellness" menu at all meals. The yoga classes in the morning (7.15 am) too helped - excellent instructor and great venue (big wooden floored hall at the palace annexe). Made it a point to ignore the electric carts and instead walked up to the palace at least once a day - the steep climb left me breathless at first.
Rooms are spacious 5-star quality with a balcony. Mine was on the lower level and faced the garden - I feel that the green view can be a lot more soothling in winter compared to the valley view rooms, particularly if the valley remains shrouded in mist.
Staff was wonderfully and uniformly caring throughout my visit - a big thank you to all for the service and warmth.
Tips: the airport runway can be sighted from the sunset point if you know which way to look. Also, expect to see peacocks roaming about the grounds, but please don't feed them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananda-In the Himalayas is a luxury destination spa located in the foothills of the Himalayas, the birthplace of India’s ancient arts of yoga, meditation and Ayurveda. Dedicated to restoring balance and harmonizing energy through a holistic approach, Ananda incorporates the healing principles of the East and the West with a specific focus on Ayurveda and Yoga, along with contemporary International spa experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Ananda in the Himalayas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananda In The Himalayas Hotel Rishikesh
- Ananda In The Himalayas Rishikesh