“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Padmini Nivas

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mussoorie
Hotel Padmini Nivas
Library, The Mall,, Mussoorie 248179, India   |
Ranked #2 of 62 hotels in Mussoorie
Oslo, Norway
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed here in two separate occasions. First in the very off season in September, and enjoyed it so much that we headed back in December (still off season) when the view over the Himalayas was better.

The hotel is a pearl of a place, opt for the cheapest rooms, 1300 per night. A bit expensive for the room itself, but it has a tv and an amazing winter garden where you can chill out in the swinging chair. It's also hot during the cold months. Nice and clean rooms, you have your own water tank in the bathroom so always hot water available. Some of the cheap rooms are also very large and comfy.

The staff is really nice and helpful and will do whatever you ask them very quick, the reception guys are very helpful and nice to talk to - ask them anything. They even helped arrange a birthday breakfast and ordered in cake from a local bakery for the occasion. Make sure you say hello to the hotel dog Mothi which you can meet strolling around the streets of Mussoorie.

The restaurant is all veg, but probably one of the best in town, pretty good price level too.

Stay here for comfort, but make sure it's off season, discounts seem to be possible for longer stays.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I was on my first trip to India. I had no idea what to expect, and wondered quite what I would find when I arrived at the hotel. Wasn't I so pleasantly surprised! What a wonderful place! The location was joy enough...from the beautiful all round views, to the rose gardens and sitting areas of the hotel. The shopping area ( the mall) was just a few minutes walk away, and you can buy anything from genuine hand made Indian knickknacks, food, clothing, technical gear, mobile phone necessities, and a whole range of 'things' for gifts or your own use. There are grocery stores, chemist, etc, all the things you may need while you stay. The people who run these 'shops' are all very tourist friendly, and most speak very good english. There are rickshaws, taxis and even horses, to get you to your destinations from there also. Back at Padmini, the staff are all so wonderful..they are not only accommodating and would do anything to make you feel welcome, but also go that extra mile for you. Literally in one case, as my mum and I wanted to play cards, and our staff member actually went up to the shops for us and found some and bought them for us! Everyone there is exceptionally nice, and always had a smile and a kind word to say. The general manager, a fellow named Vikram, was definitely employed in the right job, as he could 'manage' anything...anywhere you wanted to go he could arrange things for you, help you with anything you needed etc...and was also the sweetest man. The rooms were lovely, ours with a balcony of it's own, where the views were spectacular, and you could see the monkeys in the trees below. They were cleaned thoroughly every day, and beds made, and there was a laundry man who would call each morning to take away anything you wanted washed/ironed. The food was just gorgeous! You can have room service but they have a wonderful restaurant there, and cook Gujarati food, which is vegetarian. BUT, don't think that means boring old vegetables! The food was so yummy, I missed it and felt ours is so bland here back home in New Zealand! Price wise, I couldn't get over how cheap the food was for the huge servings you are given. The kitchen conditions were clean and well maintained, and you never worried about water, as you could get large bottles of water to your room. I stayed a month, and never ran out of things to delight my tastebuds! The price of the different rooms was very reasonable, and compared to a few other places I stayed in later in my trip, was very cheap. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveller, businessman and backpacker alike. You will fit in to this lovely place that makes you feel like you are part of the family and everyone cares about you. Well done Padmini, I shall return as soon as possible and bring my family!

• Stayed November 2009
kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

We have just returned from a week at the Mussoorie. The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to the View points. In . It was so Cold and busy there, we couldn't wait to get back to the peace and tranquility of the hotel. The Best of all is the Deradune Valley view from the Hotel Balcony and the Rooms itself
The total staying was so gorgeous and pleasent that it seems that we are staying with Royal Value. We were just expecting a few nibbles but breakfast is a lovely homely dishes. The Lunch was so great that we even don't bother to went outside for a resturant.
The Park is lovely, not as big but more luxurious. Our kid was 4 and they enjoyed it. The attendants were wonderful. Expensive but fabulous.
Restaurants are great.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in on holiday.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Hotel Padmini Nivas,Mussoorie.

although i have been to Mussorrie atlest 5-6 times, but I have some sweet memories of spending some quality time with my siblings at Padmini Nivas. We visited here in Feb 2006 ( a season of flowers in Mussoorie). Each and every cornor of this hotel was full of flowers and greenry at that time. The photographs clicked during this visit gave us a feel of a fairy tale book.

the staff was good....the little lawn was so nice at the night with a garden swing in it. The swing was kept facing the valley. We asked for bon fire additionally which was happily organised without any extra cost. The food is also good. We hired family suite and it was good.

I still feel that it was the best stay for all of us we ever had in Mussorrie.

• Liked — The concept of decorating the entire hotel with plants, a little play groung with swigs for children
  • Disliked — there are few dingy rooms as well, so check before you hire
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with friends
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I traveled from the US to visit my daughter attending school in Mussoorie, and I had very little sense of what to expect from hotels in India. I made the reservation easily online for a deluxe room w/o a view... with a request that if a room with a view opened up I would appreciate it.

We ended up in a little garden house that had only two units. Our unit looked out over the valley. It was quite spacious, with a little sitting area, dressing area, and huge bathroom (with the longest bathtub I've ever seen). This was an obvious upgrade but we were not asked to pay extra.

The hotel sits below the Mall Road, which makes it convenient to walk to any of the bazaar's shops and restaurants. However it very quiet, being just a bit away from the hustle and bustle of library bazaar and kulri bazaar.

The staff was lovely and anticipated all our needs. The food was good, although we often ate out (my daughter has yet to acquire a taste for Indian food and often chose Tibetan/Chinese restaurants). We were allowed to use the hotel computer to check email (slow dial-up connection).

In light of past posts, I'd like to say that we had plenty of hot water.

The grounds and flowers were lovely. This is definitely not the case at some Mussoorie hotels! There is a greenhouse on the property and the gardens had dahlias, lilies, marigolds, and plenty of other fragrant flowers.

The only downside for me was not the hotel's fault. The location was a 45-minute walk (at least) from my daughter's school ... or a half-hour wild cab ride along the lower road's blind curves and too-narrow streets. Since it was mid-term break and my daughter did not have to be at school every day, it was really only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
noida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

We were there for 4 nights.we booked 2 deluxe rooms with 3 nights package with meals .once we paid the money we recieved a call from hotel that you are booked on room basis no meal packege we felt like cheated .any how hotel is at good location they serve good food nice service.small parking area .no other facilities .accomodation were not very good at this price.We couldnt change the hotel because of old parents traveling with us

• Liked — food and service
  • Disliked — rooms
  • Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
new delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

A great location(on the mall road)- yet isolated from the noise levels especially during Tourist season. One of the hotel gates opens right into the "tibeti market"- a great place for good bargains. The food is good and the view from the parking lot/lobby is mind blowing..especially at night.

• Liked — Location and Value for money
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Padmini Nivas? Share your experiences!