“It is fantastic thats all we could say” 5 of 5 stars

Fortune The Savoy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Library Bazar, Gandhi Chowk, Mussoorie 248 179, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 62 hotels in Mussoorie
“It is fantastic thats all we could say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

if u want a typical british architecture experience u should go and stay at savoy it is amazingly good I loved the food loved the atmosphere there it was min boggling thats all Truly luxury experience thats allll

• Stayed June 2013
Sandeep J, General Manager at Fortune The Savoy, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Mr Anshul Chawla ,

Greetings from Fortune The Savoy..!
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Mussoorie.

At Fortune The Savoy, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune The Savoy and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Bangalore, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Of all the hotels I have been this is the best experience I have had..be it in terms of hospitality, the rooms, the ever smiling waiters and the food. When I had planned to stay in Savoy i wasnt sure that i would fall in love with the place. After arriving in the evening I was escorted to the room with a welcome drink, Trust me felt like a queen! The suite room had the ROYAL feel in it. Loved the ambiance where you can come and chill with your family and friends. The recreation room is a fun for those who want to play Pool, Air Hockey, Fooseball (just loved it) and many other games!
They Hi-Tea which they serve is just magnificent and delicious. There is a live singer at the dinner in the huge dining hall where one can go and place requests. (He sings too well..but you have to hear him to know what I mean)
The best thing I liked about the hotel is that the staffs are very courteous and ever smiling.
One more unique feature which i found here was one doesnt have to wait for hot water to come (like you have to switch on the geyser and wait for sometime). Just open the tap and warm water comes. Overall a mindblowing experience. A suggestion- Do stay to feel what exactly I have felt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sandeep J, General Manager at Fortune The Savoy, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Ms.Sneha

Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's a lovely Hotel situated at Mall Road end. Being Hills and that to congested with Small Roads & heavy crowd, it's entrance is very nice, just near to the Mall Road Chowk. Gives a superb sight seeing of Mussoorie Hills & Dehradun. The ambiance and Food is simply excellent. Rooms are well built with all the facilities.

Room Tip: Rooms on down floor are more comfortable and less noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr.Kailash Bisht ,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is huge Property now taken over by Foirtune Group. Though it was their first operational season, I understand that they must be facing some glitches. However stay was good except some issues in service. Location is much good than Jaypee. Spacious Rooms, Huge bar and coffee shop. Liked it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sandeep J, General Manager at Fortune The Savoy, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Jatinder ji ,

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune The Savoy it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

stayed in suite in this hotel with family for two nights. On 10 June 2013 morning there was no hot water in bathroom. At 10 PM there was no water at all in washroom. On complaining water service was restored in 40 minutes. Again there was no water at 4 AM and at 8AM on 11 June 2013.

It is not my nature to fight with management for discounts and refund. It was neither asked nor offered.

I can accept service flaws. However after paying Rs. 15,000 per night, no water in washroom cannot be accepted. Water in washroom in no luxury, it necessity and is provided by budget hotels also.

Room Tip: Recommended only for people having extraordinary capability to live without water in wash room.
Dear Mr. Nitin Narang ,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune The Savoy.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services. The water supply problem was addressed and rectified and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, when we can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

It was a pleasure to speak with you on phone and at Fortune The Savoy, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Sandeep joshi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Many say that paradise does not exist on Earth. I however, beg to differ, as The Savoy is one such hotel which gives fruition to the fact that paradise does exist on Earth. Built in a English Gothic architecture, the hotel reminds you of the 1900s. And why not, because the hotel was built in 1902!This is a huge heritage hotel with acres of lawns and huge Deodar trees .Two of them are more than 300+years old.
The hotel has a lot of 1902 furniture still preserved, and the almirahs in the Suites are the same ones which were installed in the hotel in 1902.
When we arrived at the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to find ourselves in such a place. The hotel has a huge compound with lush green grass, and sculptures of women at the corners. It also has a Gym room, with state of the art machines like treadmills etc. There are three classes of rooms- the Chamber rooms (standard rooms), the Exclusive Rooms (bigger rooms with a better view of the valley), and the Suite Rooms (The biggest rooms, each comprising of four rooms- The living room, bedroom, the powder room and the washroom).
The spread of the buffet menu is amazingly sumptuous, and extraordinarily delicious. There are more than 14 varieties of dessert, and a wide array of Vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. The spread is a combination of the typical Indian, American, European and Asian foods.
Talking about entertainment, the hotel has a dedicated room where there is a pool table, air hockey, table football, carrom boards, chess boards and a lot more. The whole hotel is centrally air conditioned, and the decor is amazingly well preserved, the staircases of wood dating back to 1902, but still looking as new as ever. There is a bar as well, for the connoisseurs of good alcohol. What's more, this bar is a favourite of Ruskin Bond, the author that you might have heard of! If you are lucky, you might actually see him sipping on some fine Red Wine inside the Nostradamus bar!
The only complaint that we have with the hotel is that there is no swimming pool. The hotel scores a 5 on 5 in every other area from my side.
Talking about value for money, the hotel does tend to be slightly on the higher side, as my stay in a suite room for 2nights 3 days days amounted to 42,000+ INR, though the services offered by the hotel made it absolutely worth it. My breakfast, high tea, and dinner buffet were included in the aforementioned price.

On the whole, if the cost is not a big deal for you, you should definitely stay here for a few days, as the stay is absolutely worth every single penny spent!

Room Tip: ask for rooms with a valley view.
Dear Ms. Rima P ,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visited the savoy recently with family. the moment you see it from the front you are in an awe ! It looks exactly ( I mean it) the same old n famous savoy except it has been reincarnated after 111 years in its present youthful charm, green lawns , blooming flowers, humming fountains , colonial furniture with all modern amenities centrally airconditioned, great views all around ! . Ever smiling staff that is happy to help always ! Great Dining experience in the grand dining hall. No wonder so many dignitories and celebrities have stayed here in the past. Go......... live an experience

Dear Mr. Bhuvnesh Gaur ,

Sandeep Joshi

Been to Fortune The Savoy? Share your experiences!