We spent 2 nights here during November which is the low season. The best things about the hotel for us were:
1. Staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful - from the restaurant, to room service, to front dest.
2. The location is very peaceful it being high above the Mall.
3. Beautiful gardens where you can take morning/afternoon tea and lunch.
4. We ate in the restaurant on both nights and the food was very good.
5. Beautiful hotel and very well maintained given that it is so old.
Some things that we did not like so much were:
1. There was only 1 heater in the restaurant and it was so cold we had to eat with our coats and scarves on - even though we were at the table next to the heater!
2. We expected a nice indoor sitting/reading area but there was none, so unless the weather is good you have to use the bedroom.
3. No WiFi and no internet available to guests - this was a real negative for us (especially given the cost of the rooms).
4. The room rate did not include breakfast - this was a first for us in India, and we have been travelling for 5 weeks to date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly Heritage Property & Hidden Jewel of Mussoorie. The present Kasmanda Palace Hotel has been through many Avatars since it was constructed around 1836.Originally built as part of the Christ Church around 1836 it has been a Sanitarium for the British soldiers during the Crimean War (1853 – 1856), A school, known as "The Modern School" (1896 – 1910), the Summer Residence of the Royal Family of Kasmanda and finally it was converted into a Heritage Hotel (1992 - ). Kasmanda Palace is a perfect place to stay and spend quality time with loved ones while enjoying the beautiful outdoors which the hotel has to offer, terraced gardens, exotic trees & plants and the great Doon Valley views. Kasmanda Palace is ideally located in the center of the town, yet away from the noise of the Mall Road. If it gets too quite for you then the busy Mall Road is just a 2 minute walk away or take the hotel courtesy car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your WelcomHeritage Kasmanda Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Hotel Mussoorie
- Welcomheritage Kasmanda Palace Mussoorie