“Ilbert sticks to its reputation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ilbert Manor

You added Ilbert Manor to your Saves list
Ilbert Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Duggal Villa Road, Library End, Mussoorie 248179, India   |
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Mussoorie
New Delhi, India
“Ilbert sticks to its reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I make bookings only after seeing reviews on trip advisor. I read all positive, mixed and very few negative reviews of this property. I contacted the top 5 hotels on trip advisor and Ilbert was the firt one to get back to me. They gave me a good deal and I paid online on their website. If you call them and ask for a promotional code , you get best deals of the day(it works!). I wasn’t keen on taking the horse back which they offered. I preferred taking my car down. I did take help of their driver to take my car down. After checking in I was so happy because I felt the same how all the reviews said. I knew I didn’t waste any money. I ordered snacks which were yummy. I wanted tandoor snacks but, as it was off season they don’t operate the tandoor. It didn’t bother us…we were happy to be there anyways.

Their service team is the best! I gave them good tip also. What I would recommend for them is if they can have early breakfast also for early risers….they start by 7:30 am, if they could start a bit earlier. They took my feedback in the hotel and said hey said they will implement this change. I felt very good, because they took my feedback seriously and took an action while I was there. This means that these guys will keep getting better and better. I m very impressed with is small cosy hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ilbert M, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ilbert Manor Mussoorie!

Ilbert Manor Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have to say that I am one of those who look for home comfort while travelling. I saw the reviews and ratings of the hotel on trip advisor and decided to stay here with friends. Everything about the hotel is very well done. The interior is Victorian and as per pyar bhaiya at the hotel it took the owners 7 years to re furnish and repair. It cannot get any better…from food to service and hospitality at its best. But, this is only my experience. You should go there and see and experience for yourself! Call the hotel directly for best deals, like I did!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Ilbert M, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ilbert Manor Mussoorie. First of all we would like to thank you for choosing us for your stay and giving us your honest feedback. We are glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your holiday at the Ilbert Manor. It will be our pleasure to continue providing you with our personalized services in the future.

Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Ilbert Manor is truly the right choice for people who actually want to enjoy every aspect of Mussoorie be it the wonderful scenery that surrounds the hotel or the walk to the Mall which is not far. Now talking of the property in itself , it is beautiful. The rooms are perfect size which one would expect from a good hotel,kept neat and tidy. Food is good and services are commendable. To sum it up i would say that i had an incredible stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

DELHI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Last month we spend three days in this hotel , These days are golden days of my life i hav'nt words for explain my heart feeling its really like a heaven on earth , first of all me and my friend enjoy horse riding it was very enjoyable. the staff of hotel was like a family , the food was amazing , in my sovinizm it is the best hotel in mussoorie . i suggest all my friends and love ones if any body get chance to go there please stay in this hotel nd feel the heaven life .

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I travel with my wife Samta and daughter Ashwina every year to the hills. We were hesistant to book any hotel in Mussoorie as this hill station in not particularly peaceful. We would only stay at Claridges in Mussoorie, but didn’t want to stay their as well, as it is away from Mall road. I checked on trip advisor and contacted the hotel. The reception staff sounded pleasant and booked the New years package. The Location is great! I was 5 minutes from the mall road and hotel provided shuttle. They did not have a lawn but there was a terrace facing snow capped hills which was a great view. The breakfast was good and service was excellent! It is a small relaxing and quit place. Exxactly what we were looking for.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Wife and me stayed at the property on 26th jan...saw some good reviews about the property on this site and as we have a penchant for heritage properties decided to stay here for the nite. We were not totally pleased about our stay and not totally dissatisfied too...CONFUSING..certain pros and cons...the staff and the service was excellent one person in particular Mr Vineet was very helpful and did all to make us comfortable...excellent food tho the portions are very small and the price very high...rooms are clean and the overall ambience is slick...not far from the mall and also they provide pick and drop. Cons..not the ideal location rooms at the far end on the first floor wud have a better view...rooms dont have a sit out balcony...there is no public sit out area the small space that they have is the parking area..all said and done i think its not worth the price for a nite and the only thing that wud bring me back to it is the service and the staff...i have pics of the room we stayed in but dont want to put them up....MY OPINION....see for urself and then decide...dont pre book

• Stayed January 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We went to Mussoorie on the 30th Dec and stayed on till 1st jan 2013. The hotel is at an extremely good location- away from the hustle bustle but yet very close to the mall and the happenings. I would certainly recommend this property to all those who are with friends and family.The heritage villa is not huge- inspite of that, they had managed to give all amenities in the rooms and otherwise. We stayed at the Lady Emily suite which had a conventional feel but yet had all the modern amenities.
They had excellent arrangement for the new years eve- mouth watering food, good music and bonfire.
The hotel has an excellent reading room with lovely books to read, they have an activity room and had all games like chess, snooker, housie to name a few. The food was exceptionally good The staff was kind and soft spoken and took care of the minutest requests and fulfilled them. The free shuttle provided to the guests too was damn good too.i would certainly go back to the same property in my next visit.

Room Tip: The imperial room or any of the family suites are good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ilbert M, General Manager at Ilbert Manor, responded to this review, January 10, 2013

Ilbert Manor Team

Been to Ilbert Manor? Share your experiences!