“Review for Crystal Palace Dhanaulti” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Crystal Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mussoorie
Hotel Crystal Palace
You added Hotel Crystal Palace to your Saves list
Dhanaulti, Mussoorie 248179, India   |
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Mussoorie
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Review for Crystal Palace Dhanaulti”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

First I will like to say that, the hotel with the address mentioned above, is not located in Mussorie. Also the cover picture is not the one of "Hotel Crystal Palace, Dhanaulti".

I am writing review for Hotel Crystal Palace Dhanaulti, which is ~30 km away from Mussorie and not for "Crystal Palace Mussorie".

Hence, my experience was quite different from the other reviews listed and to some extent good. The property is average. Response of the hotel staffs is okay.
Rooms are little higher priced than their actual standard. As the hotel is strategically located 1-1.5 Km before Dhanaulti main market, hence good nature and peak view available.

Manager Mr. Semwal is a very good person, though service is quite lagging, as they often forgot to run the pump, turn on the geyser from outside.

Another thing is they disconnect all the room telephone connections during the night and again reconnect at 8 am.

So, overall it is not highly recommended for tourists having Surkunda Devi temple in their itinerary for picturesque view of Himalayas, which is little away (7kms) from Dhanaulti main.

Room Tip: Select rooms from 2nd/ 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Salo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am writing this from the Hotel. I had checked in on 12th and would be leaving in 3 hrs from now. And whatever I have been through has been my worst hotel experience in my life.
As my intention is to see Mussoorie , I ignored the missing things like Dirty room, 2 kms away from Mall, doors without door handle lock or latch etc earlier.
Today it crossed the limits and hence I thought of writing it.

The telephone set at my room 205 is not working properly. Its like I can listen to the voice but they can't hear me it seems.
When I ordered the food today, after few hello-hellos they said '[--]' and disconnected it. I went down to report this to the manager but he too defended them and started shouting at me. I got afraid and had to give up because I am with family and God know what could they have done. I came to my room started typing the review.
Readers please avoid this place!!l

• Stayed August 2011
mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

SUSHIL & DIVYA SEQUEIRA - AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST
We booked this hotel for a 3 nights stay from 16th Dec.2010 to 19th Dec.2010.
We informed the hotel about the early check-in on the phone few days before 16th Dec.2010 and the Manager said that we wont be charged extra for early check-in. When we reached the hotel at 6.15 am, 4 hours before the check-in time of 10.00 am, we were asked to shell out Rs.800 for the early check-in. The manger said that no such call was made and he agreed to waive of the charge as we were a couple.
The hotel was in a run down condition and we were the only occupants on 16th and 17th dec.2010.
The generator of the hotel was not working.
The room was cleaned only once during our stay.
The room had earthworms.
The only good thing was that the room was spacious.
The manager is lousy.
The hotel is located 1.6 km from the main mall raod and the taxi fare to reach the Hotel from the Mall is Rs.100/- fixed rate by the Taxi Union.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mussoorie

Been to Hotel Crystal Palace? Share your experiences!