“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Karma Vilas Resort

You added Karma Vilas Resort to your Saves list
Karma Vilas Resort
Claire Villa Estate | Claire Villa Estate, Big Bend, Balahisar, Mussoorie 248179, India   |
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Mussoorie
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

Karma vilas is a classy colonial-era built estate with pine & oak forest wrapped around the property. Stunning view of Doon Valley from the lawns and open air lounge of karma vilas. The rooms are large, clean, hygenic with excellent room service. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington DC, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I traveled with my husband and parents and this delightful property charmed our socks off. From the minute we arrived, the service was impeccable. All of the staff members were very friendly and catered to our every need, even providing us with menus for restaurants that delivered and helping set our dinner up in our room. The location a bit below the main town is its greatest strength - providing much needed peace and quiet from the honking on the roads and on the Mall. The rooms are clean and modern with nice furniture and plush duvets on the bed. The view over the valley at night with the sparkling lights and during the day enjoying the sun and surrounding mountains was exactly how we imagined a quiet stay in Mussoorie. Breakfast in the garden went on for hours as we sat out and chatted, enjoying the view. I had spent hours online looking at hotels and we looked at several properties in the morning before deciding to spend the night at Karma Vilas - and we are so glad we did! The website is great and Gaurav is very responsive via phone and email. We will definitely return on our next trip to Mussoorie!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The Good friday weekend gave me 3 days off. I just had to plan a getaway from Delhi and this time chose Mussoorie. Little did I know that a million others had also planned to go to Mussoorie as well. The highway was jampacked and it took me almost 10 hrs to reach my destination (280 kms from where I stay).

Since this was a spontaneous decision, I hadn't made any bookings (bad decision). Walking on the Mall road was a nightmare. It was more crowded than Chandini Chowk. The hotels were Shabby, dingy and without a view. After struggling for a little over 2 hours, one of my friends who had been there recently advised me to get away from the Mall road, drive down on the Dheradoon Mussoorie, where as per him I would find something descent. He did not remember the name of the hotel where he stayed but guided me to the vicinity
Again, all I could find was box structures with match box rooms. About a Km away from Mall, I saw a Board "Karma Villas". The first sight of the resort was enchanting. As I descended the stairs, I saw a beautiful structure, with a small garden in front and a magnificent view. Without even looking at the rooms, I had made up my mind that I was going to spend the next 2 days at this place. And, boy wasn't it a great decision. I was lucky to get a room, the last one at the resort. The staff was kind and helpful. We were hungry after our ordeal and were craving maggie, as we had seen a million maggie points on our way up. But, I wanted to settle before we stopped for eating. I called up room service and requested a couple of plates of maggie. I was told that they are out of stock but they were king enough to send someone to the market and get it for me. I loved the fact that I was told it will take an extra 15 minutes. Things like these hardly happen in India. People over-promise and under-deliver. But here, I was given a time and had my maggie before the promised time. Totally loved the professionalism of the staff
The inhouse restaurant is brilliant. A very cozy place, with great food. I recommend the chicken curry which was fab. My room was clean, the sheets were crisp and the bathroom was sparkling. The hotel staff even asked me, if I wanted them to clean my car? I was very happy with their homely treatment. For the next day and a half, we did not step out of the resort. Relaxed in the garden, read a book, enjoyed the view and relished the food
On my way to mussoorie my mum packed alloo ka parathas for us and on my way back to Delhi it was the hotel staff that did the same. I guess, this just summarizes the way they treat you at this resort.

My advise for the owners of the hotel: You guys are doing a great job. But please put a board that guides people coming from D'doon into the resort. The current board is useful only for people who are coming down from Mussoorie

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

Karma Vilas is ideal place to unwind yourself in the midst of nature. Small Resort but maintained very well, very tidy, courteous staff and excellent service. Breakfast is served regularly but need to inform in advance for Dinner and Lunch, because they cook fresh. Highly Recommended.

Room Tip: Take Rooms having balconies facing the Jungle sid.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Loved Karma Vilas for its view, comfortable and spacious room (esp. the cottage we stayed in) and very pleasant and courteous staff.

I took my mum and my sister and we had a great time for 3 days; the weather was perfect in March (morning and evening you could do with a jacket but the sun was bright in the afternoon). Our room was cozy and large enough which already had a extra bed. We enjoyed our Yoga sessions in the morning @ the lawns to which our room opened up. Captured some really nice shots of the place in my camera.................. (pics attached)

Although, there was no Wifi but it came to us as a blessing in disguise, we got more time to spend with each other.

Pros: the view, rooms are large, neat and clean, food was good (mostly had vegetarian, and it all tasted really good), the space around has been used well, close enough to the mall to walk and far away to be away from the hustle bustle, the staff was very helpful and served us well

Cons: no wifi

I’m sure we will still fondly remember the vacation we had @ Karma Vilas. Will definitely visit again.

PS: While ur in Mussoorie, visit to the Teri Dam is a must, 2 hr drive from Karma Vilas, a view to die for.

Room Tip: Cottages hve d best view, hire a local driver
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

We had a comfortable stay in full view of the gorgeous and beautiful nature facing us. We spent two nights at this place, and had a good experience. The people were friendly and willing to extend their support to make sure that our trip was enjoyable.

The place is not very far from the mall road. Walking if one prefers, else a taxi is quickly available on call. Meals are similar to home-cooked food, though a good variety of cuisine is available in the Mall Road.

The view from outside the rooms were splendid, with the morning sun beaming on your face, and the evening wind chill keeping you awake. Overall a very comfortable and enjoyable stay at Karma Villas.

Room Tip: The mountain facing room have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

“ The experience at karma vilas was truly “ Relive the Raj experience” The Royal classic rooms are grand, very large with exquisite furniture and very spasious toilets. The service is good, food is customized to your taste & liking, the staff is very helpful & polite. Private areas to sit all around the property to large around, very strongly recommended it to those who want to be nature with all the comfort & amenities.”

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Karma Vilas Resort? Share your experiences!