After analyzing lots of hotel thru Tripadvisor finally I decided to choose Mall Palace Hotel based on reviews posted here. I found these reviews very helpful and after my visit I am posting my review as below with pics:
I stayed in Mall Palace Hotel with my wife, opposite to Ropeway on Mall Road, Near Jhulaghar for 4 nights in Super Deluxe room on 4th Floor (Top Floor). It costs us Rs 7500 thru MakeMytrip.com + Rs 500 for pre-checkin. I must say that this is the hotel one should prefer while visiting mussoorie for a pleasant and hassle-free stay.
1. Mall Palace Hotel is on mall road providing wonderful view of Dun/Doon Valley.
2. Ropeway (near Jhulaghar, Mall Road) is just in front of this hotel.
3. Kulri Market (having Mussoorie Sweet Shop, Mangloo's Kulcha & Momos Shop, 5D Cineblast & Scary House, branded showrooms, restaurant and gift shops etc.) is at walking distance of around 5 minutes.
4. Main Points like Nirulas, Dominos, CCD, State Bank, Rikshaw Stand, Jwahar Aquarium are at walking distance of maximum 2 minutes only.
5. Library Market(Gandhi Chowk) is at walking distance of 5 minutes only.
Two extreme ends of mall road are:
1. Picture Palace/Kulri End have main market, taxi stand and bus stand.
2. Library Market(Gandhi Chowk) End also have a small market, taxi stand and bus stand.
Ropeway (Jhulaghar) is almost in middle of these two ends. Best part of mall road is between Ropeway and Picture Palace/Kulri end having all kind of shops, eating points, branded showrooms and banks etc.
I asked hotel to arrange a pick-up for me from Dehradun Station at 8:00AM to hotel which costs me Rs 800 (Taxi hired from Dehradun taxi stand in Rs 610 will enter at mall road if you will pay entry fee of Rs 100 and Rs 100 for local charge only, else it will drop you at Picture Palace Taxi Stand). When I reached station I got my cab in 5 min and reached hotel around 9:30AM while my check-in time was 12:00PM. When I asked for pre-checkin I was charged for quarter day. Hotel staff took luggage from cab to hotel reception and from there to my room. I found room well managed and clean equipped with LCD TV with cable connection and a Refrigerator.
Hot and cold water was never a problem as hotel was having excellent power backup facility. Even cleanliness and hygiene was never a matter of concern as washrooms & rooms dry n wet cleaning was a routine job along-with daily changing of bedsheets and towels.
Main places we visited are:
1. Jwahar Aquarium : Just a minute or two walk towards library end from ropeway having two most precious fishes among many (Rs 20/person, Rs 20 extra for photography or Rs 40 extra for videography).
2. 5D Cineblast and Scary House : At kulri end, must watch 10 minute 5D movie to have an amazing experience (Rs 150/person) and scary house (Rs 70/person)
3. Company Garden : At a distance of 5.5Km, can be reached only by Rickshaw (Rs 60/person single side)
4. Viewpoint Visit on top of hill by Ropeway (Rs 75/person both side ticket, time no bar).
5. Kempty Fall & Bodh Mandir : At a distance of around 15Km can be reached by hiring taxi (Rs 820 from kempty fall taxi stand and Rs 1120 from picture palace taxi stand). Don't know about visit by private buses, somebody told Rs225 per seat in bus. Its better to share a taxi with other family/couple if you can.
On the day of check-out I asked hotel to arrange a coolie to carry luggage till picture palace taxi stand and they did in 5 minutes, collie charged Rs 70. Hotel staff never asked for tip and was very courteous. I booked a taxi to dehradun railway station which costs me Rs 760 (Rs 610 to dehradun railway station from picture palace taxi stand, Rs 100 for Mussoorie Lake sight-seeing for 1 hour on the way and Rs 50 for Shiv Mandir visit for 15 minutes on the way).
1. Hotel food was not upto the expectation.
2. Cable TV goes as it seems that cable operator had no power backup, must be replaced by DishTV.
3. Dominos pizza was very costly as compared to prices in Delhi and base was different, tasteless pizza :(
4. Complete mall road can be visited by walking without any problem.
5. Watching 5D movie was amazing experience.
6. Prefer to have food outside based upon your taste and choice, will cost less, all kind of eating points available on mall road.
I hope this review will help others.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.