“Customer support left a bitter taste” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Rio Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dehradun
Rio Resort
You added Rio Resort to your Saves list
Gucchupani, Foothills of Mussoorie | Near Robber's Cave, Dehradun 248003, India   |
Ranked #5 of 68 Dehradun B&B and Inns
“Customer support left a bitter taste”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The location is excellent, I stayed there for 3 days 14-16 feb 2013. There was no TV but it does not bother you as you enjoy the natural surrounding so much. We just sat in the lawn most of the 3 days and had a great time.

Staff is very helpful and always ready to fulfill oll

Food was below average, and worst part was their team.
1. First I send a booking mail and transfer the money to their account and no confirmation from their side, I had to call 2 people to get the confirmation if the booking is on.

2. I did not receive any bill/invoice at resort as I was told they will mail me. I had to call atleast 10 times send over 5 mails the they send a simple computer generated bill even that is wrong showing the amount I paid in cash as outstanding.

I was also told at resort by another guest that their Resort is not registered as a hotel/resort legally that's why there is no board outside thier property and they don't issue valid invoice. I was really frustrated with their service in this manner, I will never go back or suggest anyone else ever.

• Stayed February 2013
RioResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rio Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Mahesh Yadav,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to you. We would like to inform you that we are now revamped our entire booking and billing process and you will not face any problems in your future bookings.

As already mentioned by you, we would like to re-instate that television sets have not been intentionally put in the room so that one can enjoy the natural beauty and surroundings. However, we do make special arrangement for screening movie on projector by the riverside on special requests.

We thank you again for your visit and look forward to serving you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Noida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I was at Rio resort with my wife and 3 year kid in month of July 2012 for a 2 night 3 day trip after recommendations from friends. Rio resort is beauty of nature at its best. We got some extra attention by the owner himself, who at times personally meets the guests and the staff members were very caring. The owner himself very learned person, he has designed the resort especially for peace lovers and persistent music of a flowing river amidst three side hill enclosure is simply out of world. There are also special musical evenings where the singer (forgetting his name, apologies) strums out beautiful songs on his guitar.
The pleasure doubles if it rains; you can enjoy getting soaked in the rain in the lawns of the resort that is nicely done. It was an occasion for us to understand the meaning of famous Ghazal by Jagjit Singh Ji. “Dhoop main niklo ghatawon main naha kar, Dekho, Zindgi kya hai kitabo.N ko hata kar dekho.”
The best part was that the rooms don’t have TV, so that you can enjoy the tranquility and peace without any disturbance. Dining by the riverside by the day and candlelight dinner in the thatched sitting area simply converts the act of having meals into an experience. A walk through the robbers cave wading through clear waters and sumptuous breakfast at Payal’s café (courtesy Rajiv Gupta) or chai at the stall turns every moment into an experience to cherish the whole lifetime! Food at resort is awesome!

Great place to be over and over again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RioResort, Guest Relations Manager at Rio Resort, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and your kind words. We look forward to serving you in future again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

As soon as we reached the resort, we fell in love with Mother nature. The lawn was big. Along with small river. Also the hospitality which is served by their efficient staff was comendable.
I had a comfortable n nice stay.
Also their staff guide us to the rober's cave . That was an adventure.
In short I love it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Shally,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our property. We hope to have you back soon.

Regards
Rio Resort
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am extremely pleased to cite my wonderful experience at Rio Resort between Dec 26 to 29th 2012. I had booked my stay after reading through the reviews on this site and mainly because I wanted space for my kid to play around. Right from the start of my interaction with the hotel's manager, Mr. Rajiv Gupta to the very end of my stay at Rio, it was a splendid experience. The Resort's manager, Mr . Joshi made us comfortable from the time we entered the resort and ensured that we had everything that we wanted. I must say that he is a great resource for the resort and is genuinely interested in ensuring a pleasant stay at Rio Resort. The location of the resort is just perfect close to the station, there is a small river that flows by and my little son was overjoyed by the open space that he had to himself and so was my wife with all the hills around and the beautifully maintained property. The rooms were clean, maintained and had 24 hrs electricity and running hot water and room heaters as well. The best thing about our stay was we got to try out kumaoni food that I longed for ever since i had finished my schooing in Nainital. The cook was a 'Pahadi' guy and obviously familiar with the local 'pahadi' cuisine and happily made some really good dishes for us that we loved. The food was without doubt a plus and I must recommend trying local cuisine at Rio Resort. Local sightseeing arrangements were made by Mr. Joshi and it all went very well for us. The other staff at the resort like the young lad Deepak Mehta were extremely courteous and were always around for room service. They even discounted one of our meals on our last day which was a really fine gesture. That's the sign of great hospitality!

Overall, I think Rajiv Gupta and Mr. Joshi are doing a wonderful job running the show with such personal attention. I will definitely revisit the resort and I must objectively recommend this to those who are looking for a quality accommodation in Dehradun. One of the things that was missing was television, which is really not a big deal but you just kind of wish for it in the mornings. I was told though that they are going to install TV sets soon.

Thanks to the wonderful staff at Rio for a very pleasant and memorable stay in Dehradun.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and the only difference is presence of AC. The rooms are well appointed...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Awesome place for a weekend getaway, we spent 3 nights 4 day at the resort and did not step out of the place. Initially we had planned to go to Mussorie also but Rio resort was so comfortable that we stayed back all 4 days.

The kids had a blast and the food was simply delicious.

Mr Rajiv (GM) is always around and very helpful.

Overall it was a fantastic trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were impressed as soon as we set foot on the property. The wide grass lawns and nice rounded huts beside the river were welcoming and our host Mr. Gupta made sure we were well taken care of. We got the deluxe room w/ A/C which was comfortable and clean. They cooked our meals to order and the food was excellent. The river is unfortunately downstream from Robbers Cave and so was not pristine with garbage and empty bottles around. We saw people further upstream park their scooter and motorbike in the middle of the river and wash them. This is of course beyond the control of the property. There is also a swimming pool right next to the property that is very noisy during the day, but after 5:30pm, tranquility sets in. They organised evening entertainment and were more than willing to accompany us to nearby Deer Park to make sure we could find it. Mr.Gupta took us on a tour of Robbers Cave and it was definately the highlight of our Dehradun-Rishikesh trip. We had the first monsoon rain that evening and the sound of the rain was thunderous on the metal roofing. Maybe they could consider brick roofing instead? We were also woken up several times by their resident four dogs. While the dogs have the run of the place during the day, they may wish to have the accomodation area fenced off at night so that guests are not disturbed by the barking. However, besides that, everything else was pleasant and the place is great for relaxing and most enjoyable for children. Highly recommend RIo Resort as a place to get away for a few days.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I would never have thought that after spending a week in the beautiful surroundings of Pauri, the few hours spent at the Rio Resort in Dehra Doon would be one of the highlights of my trip! The soothing sound of the stream, the fresh and cool air -even on a warm May day-, the greenery and surrounding hills...all make for a perfect place to take a break. The staff is pleasant, the cottages well designed and neat, the food perfect, and the management seems to understand individual requirements very well. Guaranteed to rejuvinate and de-stress. A very pleasant discovery indeed!

Room Tip: All the rooms are close to and face the stream.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Rio Resort? Share your experiences!