Its a very average hotel but very well placed. A few changes in attitude and little change here and there can make it a real value for money. I had booked an ac heritage room, but when we checked in we were given a room which was as small as 8ft x 7ft with a minuscule of a bathroom. More importantly there was no A.C. I had to chase the reception till evening before we got a decent room but that also was given a bit reluctantly. In the new room something was wrong with the switch board and the fan and lights were not operating properly. We stayed there for 3 nights and repeatedly reported of the problem but no one seemed very interested. Last day we had an early check out and lights did not work we had to complete all our chores in the darkness. How ever the kitchen staff was friendly and the food was decent. You can try this hotel but be very demanding and settle for nothing short of what you have paid for. Hotel authorities if your listening plz do something about your selves it will only help you to get better business. You guys focus only on foreigners but Indian's are also a majority part of the crowd visiting varanasi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varanasi a mirror of ancient spiritual India and a destination swinging to the of India,s vibrant culture is a must visit for any traveler wishing to experience real India. To experience the real essence of Varanasi it is essential to discover and explore the ''old city' and the ghats the steps leading to the holy Ganges and the ghats the steps leading to holy Ganges. The hotel Palace on steps ,located at a prime location in the holy city, holds the distinction of having the maximum number of rooms offering an unparallelled view of the Ganges. Besides the hotel is a true balanced blend of luxury and comfort for the travelers ready to experience Varanasi in all its glory interestingly the hotel is designed aesthetically with a touch of true Indian history as showcased in the castle design which dates back about 400years. therefore the guest have an attraction of experiencing the splendor of medieval Indian architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Palace on Steps reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palace On Steps Hotel Varanasi
- Palace On Stepss Varanasi