“Spicy kebab” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Boston
“Spicy kebab”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

They will pack the kebab with roti in a pretty paper box. It is located in old Lucknow, so it is fun to carry the box and discover the city.

Visited July 2013

NOIDA
“Quality has been going down steadily”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was there this Ramzan season, hoping to Hog on to Kebabs and Parathas at Tundey. The fervor, the thrill, the anticipation, the crowd, the waiting time everything is the same. The decor, or the lack of it, is the same as it was 5 yeas ago, they probably make similar quantities of food and also make similar sale but what has gone down for sure is the taste.
It is an embarrassment for a fan like me to take my friends out there, brag about Tundey's taste and find such mediocre food.
Hopefully they will look into this and work towards preserving the reputation that it stands for

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rushden, United Kingdom
“Kababi heaven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

After a ride in a tuk-tuk from MG Road this place was wonderful. In the centre of a busy market area the food is amazing, cheap and well worth the effort of finding. The beef kebab just melts in the mouth, the rice is perfect and for 80 rupees you get that and a drink, I had a Thums Up. My only complaint, I handed over a 100 rupee note and my waiter asked to keep the change as a tip, no big deal but I like to leave a tip if I think they deserve it.

Visited March 2013
Lucknow, India
“More Variety at Aminabad - But Chowk outlet is better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Aminabad or Chowk. Which one is better?

The outlet at Aminabad has more variety. It offers you a menu which is missing in Chowk outlet.

At Aminabad you get choices; you can have chicken or mutton or beef whereas at Chowk you get only beef.

At Aminabad, the sitting area is relatively better than at Chowk and more families visit this one as its more accessible.

My choice: The Chowk outlet.
Two reasons
One -I felt the kababs there were slightly more flavourful.
Two- Pricing man Pricing. Chowk outlet prices are much lower than Aminabad outlet. So I guess that helps tilt the scales.
Go check it for yourself.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Guwahati, India
“The Famous Tunday Kabab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you are saying that you have tasted best and original Keebabs and not yet tasted the Tundy delicacy then you are saying it for lack of experiance.....I am not very food crazy type of perso n... u give me anything i will go for it but dont expect any comments about the dish.. ..This is my first comment about food i hv ever tasted yet.....Tunday visit a reason is there Lucknow is my wife home city.....in 2011 i was on my way to her place to bring her back home as already 15 days back she went Lucknow and due to my work load i started my jurney 15 days later with 3 days in hand.During Train Jurney meet a Engineer of Indian Army forgot his name of Luckno w traveling with next berth to mine of the coach told me that dont forget to visit Tunday.. He is local guy and his advice was in my mind asked my wife about Tunday and visited the small roadside resturent standing proudly 4m last 100yrs...enterd and orderd few dishes and believe me it was great...only that day came to know what actually Keebab means....walls of the restur ent decorated with the photographs of famous personality who already visited the place..forget about Bollywood pesonality all foreighn deligates who visited Lucknow his photograph is there visiting Tunday...while eating cames into my mind yeah its true the Army man said to me that "Dont miss Tunday,if you came Lucknow and not visited and Tasted Tunday the world famous of Aminabad then better to say you dont know anything about Lucknow.....history of tunday is like history of Residency,brare and chote immambara. etc etc etc.......next time u visit Lucknow dont forget to visit Tunday

• Visited September 2012