“Horrible in one word !!” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Mohan Hotel
Charbagh, Lucknow 226004, India   |
Ranked #20 of 56 hotels in Lucknow
“Horrible in one word !!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed just for one night in this hotel just on yesterday !! I would recommend everyone in this world not to choose this pathetic hotel to stay in. It's simply horrible ....... AC doesn't work, they don't have back up to run AC during the power cut ....... I had to spray my deo immediately after getting into the room, it stinks !! I must say whoever will go back to this hotel after staying once have a real problem with their taste of life !!!

• Stayed October 2012

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel is gud to stay for alone person not with Family, since lot of noise comes from outside.
Gud thing that Staff are gud and very near to Railway Station.....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Okay, any complaints I have had about previous hotel stays I hereby renounce! All hotels we stayed in India prior to this one are awesome; paragons of Indian hospitality and cleanliness. I must note, dear reader, before going further that this hotel has a decent staff, and our horrible stay had nothing to do with them (except for housekeeping, of course and the guy at the front desk which I will get to in a moment) We were taken to this hotel by our host family at the last minute due to a problem with our reservations at a different hotel. We were misled upon our arrival by a very cute, modern, clean lobby. Once we got up to the room however we were completely horrified. The room was dank, musty, dingy, it smelled like a damp towel that had been left in a gym bag in a hot car for three weeks.The bed clothes were all stained and I spent a good five minutes inspecting them for bed bugs. While I didn't find any (a small mercy) I was able to note just how stained and gray the bedclothes were. Getting under the covers for a much needed sleep was an act of bravery. It felt damp under there and my boyfriend upon inspection of his own bed found a.... noodle! under the covers. The bathroom was just as dirty, the once white towels were gray and stained, though I think they may have been laundered, perhaps in river water.The toilet looked like it hadn't been cleaned for some time, The floor was black and gritty with dirt and shoeprints, not ours. We had run out of water so I opened the mini bar and the shelves were all coated with black mold. Meanwhile, my boyfriend is suffering from severe stomach cramping and is asking for a doctor! I go to the front desk and ask the man at reception for a doctor. He gestures toward the street and says, "He is down the street you can go there." I was like, where? I looked out the front window down the narrow Indian street where cows, cars, bikes, motorcycles, goats and pedestrians are all traveling in competing directions, crumbling but busy storefronts mostly marked with signs in Hindi, everthing is chaos to my western eyes and I have no idea where he was telling me to go. I see no doctor. I asked him to call the doctor, to see if someone can be sent to help us. He looks at his phone for like, a good 10 seconds, and then says, "no I cannot call him, you go! he's over there." still gesturing vaguely towards the street. I told him, "no, I cannot go alone, I won't be able to find it by myself." Finally he gets a doorman to escort me to the doctor. I'm taken across the street on a 10 minute walk across two very crazy life and limb threatening intersections to the doctor's office. Victory!!! I got the medicine and a dr.'s assistant to come back to the hotel with me, he administered two injections to my sick boyfriend one in the tush, one in the arm. He was fully recovered by evening. Thank you to Dr. Gulati of Lucknow and his staff. If you still wind up staying here despite these dire warnings here are a few more things to know, wifi is free in the lobby but you need your own device, breakfast is included, the breakfast room is dark and a dingy though I had no problem with the food which was passable. Please don't stay here if you can avoid it.

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Antwerp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Near to main railway station, reasonably priced. Food served is excellent and the services are also quite good. Professional staff, we stayed here for 2 nights and it suited us as most of the work was within city area and the connectivity is good to all parts of city from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I am a person who travel 20 days in a month to all parts of the country. My worst experience was with hotel Mohan. Located in a crazy area the hotel looks good from outside. Inside the rooms its a terrible experience. First day I had confusion with the tarriff which was told over the phone and in actuals. The entire hotel, the rooms and the passages has got a kind of stink which I am not able to understand. I took a room which was Rs 2000/ per day but in the night when I put off the lights the entire room was filled with cockroach and I could not sleep the whole night. The next day morning I informed the management they assured that when I come back in the night they will finish pest control job. But to my surprise the situation was the same and also I found so many lizards in my room. The staff was pathetic. I would warn in fact to all that who read this review never to take a chance with this hotel.

Room Tip: Forget the rooms never enter this hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
kolkatta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

one of my fren recommended me for this hotel.The stay was very comfortable with excellent service and good quality of food.overall the location of the hotel is very good.it was a totally nice experience staying there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Nice rooms, very friendly staff, active travel desk. You should also try the restaurant and bar chief guest serves multi cuisine and xotic cocktails ... more you must also try the salon services over here.

Reception is very nice. They understand your requirment and provide you the room accordingly. Hot water, clean toilets and nice toiletries will add to your comfort.

Value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Been to Mohan Hotel? Share your experiences!