“Not So Grand.OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel Agra

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel Agra to your Saves list
Grand Hotel Agra
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   137, Station Road, Agra Cantt | Agra cantt, Agra 282001, India   |
Ranked #41 of 107 hotels in Agra
Jaipur, India
“Not So Grand.OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

The rooms are spacious.Big lawn in front of our room.Decent Gym facility.Service we got was ok.The location is quiet. The hotel has quiet airconditioning. Staff was generally courteous and service was ok.

The room we were given first had unclean toilet. Water and Ice were dripping from central AC. The hotel then changed our room and it was ok.

Major sour point is restaurant. The restaurant had a cleanliness problem.The sizzler we ordered was not sizzling (so hotel gave us 15% discount on price).The breakfast was below average.A mineral water bottle which usual will cost Rs30/-(with tax) was charged Rs 84/- with tax.The food was too expensive. The room's A/C did'nt have a thermostat adjustment.

Really not so grand.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

154 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Arrived to have 1 of the 4 rooms smelling of smoke with full ashtray. Exchange room had stains on sheets. All rooms full of Mosquitos. Other rooms serviceable but not at the price we paid. Internet useless as free wifi as offered would only work after 1 hour complaining to "Basil" that's the name he gave us and giving us the wrong password. The only thing we didn't see was "Cybil" this is worse than Fawlty Towers. The only Grand thing is the facade by the gate. Resteraunt not very appetising, one waiter bent over backwards to help but we were the only western people in the hotel. If your on a tight budget find something better.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked two double room for the 27th and 28th day of Oct.... I should say, the hotel is one of the worst one I stayed in my trips. The staff are totally unprofessional. They even demanded certain amount as tips. Food was scrap, filty restaurant, and it seems the waiters have not taken bath for days...I will not recommend any one stay in this hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Located 500m from Agra Cantt station. I have stayed here before so I knew what I was coming back to. Reservation Manager was very helpful and negotiated a good price which I could not resist. As a hotel, if you want to come back to a clean and a good place to spend your night I would yes this is the place. If you after some luxury, like spa, sauna and stuff then you are knocking at the wrong door.

Overall good location to catch early morning trains to Delhi. My rates included the breakfast which had some Indian dishes to choose from. If you cannot handle Indian food, then you will have to look for some other hotel.

Room Tip: Always ask the Reception to provide the corner room, as you would have direct access to stairs!!!
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hmm......from where should I start. I visited Agra on Oct 28, 2012 to attend a Marriage in Grand Hotel itself. To avoid any inconvenience I booked a Deluxe Room for my Family (Wife and Daughter) in Grand Hotel itself. I informed the Hotel 1 day in advance that I will reach around 12 Noon and I reached there about 12:10 PM. Even after that I have to wait for 35 Minutes to get the Room. The person on Reception told me that it was the best Room, but the Room was not best at all. I got 2 Single bed, instead of a Double Bed. Staff was so unprofessional that they will not leave the Room till the time you will not pay the tip, as this the only way of their income and they are not getting any pay from Hotel. Every time I called for Room Service, I have to follow up to get someone for service. Even in the night when I attend the Marriage, the food was not good at all, the service in the Marriage was Terrible. The hotel was not even ready to put extra Tissues. Even for extra tissues we have to argue with Hotel Staff. In total it is aviodable to stay in this hotel. I would have calimed a refund if possible..........

Room Tip: "Room on the Lawn side are good"
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Even though the property is sprawling and may have lived up to its name at one point, today it is in a pathetic state of affairs. It seemed to us that the staff is quite underpaid. They expect tips constantly and the service is poor unless you have someone who is taking care of your specially in expectation of a tip. The rooms are big and clean - that is one good thing. The corridors were dirty, the decor at the desk, restaurant, etc., was crumbling and not maintained well, the business centre internet didn't work and the breakfast and other meals below average. If the management paid the workers more, we could expect this hotel to truly become grand but right now it is not at all good.

Room Tip: Stay away from the outside corridors or you'll bothered with people walking and talking across i...
Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

From where should I start.. Everything was so unprofessional about this hotel.. worst staff...full of mosquitoes in night... Hotel didn't allowed my guest to come to my room and asked me to meet him in lobby... they said 'Since you took room for single person so only single person can go in room'.. and when argued they said 'Okay we can allow your guest to go to your room but for max duration of an hour only'... one more thing when I asked them to send their Manager to the room, they replied he wont come to room and If I want to talk to him I can come down to reception...

Regarding Food : It was very costlier.. for ex A Bisleri water bottle which costs Rs. 15 outside will cost you Rs. 72 here... Breakfast menu consisted of Breads with Jam/Butter, Poori sabji, vada samber, juice, omelet and tea.

Room Tip: Travelers can opt for Howard
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Grand Hotel Agra? Share your experiences!