“Homefeeling in a touristy place...” 5 of 5 stars

Aman Homestay
44/2 R.K. Puram Phase-2, Taj Nagri, Agra 282001, India   |
Ranked #4 of 163 Agra B&B and Inns
Akurala, Sri Lanka
“Homefeeling in a touristy place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Everybody just goes to Agra for the Taj Mahal,so it was really nice to still find a personal and heartwarming place to stay,like Aman homestay.The family is a little bit shy,but really friendly,and they will help you with everything.the rooms are more than fine,rates reasonable and still enough privacy.Ranjana is a wonderful cook and we laughed a lot.They even came with me to the train station when I was leaving at 5am.
I also did a tour with their friend Amet,a taxi driver,who provided good service and correct attitude. I can recommend everybody to stay at Aman home stay,you won't regret.

• Stayed June 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Augsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

what can I say: after a quite "anonymus" stay at a bigger hotel in Sawai Madhopur Ranjana and Aman gave me such a warm welcome that immediately I felt like being "home away from home". Aman kindly offers you a helping hand with whatever you may need, his mother prepares the most delicious home made Indian food and Amit, the home stay's driver, brings you anywhere near or far in his comfortable AC car.
thank you Aman and Ranjana, I really did enjoy staying with you and wish you all the best for the building up of Aman Home Stay #2 in the beautiful village!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place to stay while In Agra. The family was so kind and the place was very clean. It is located on a quiet residential street, and while there isn't a lot around, there didn't seem to be much to do in Agra apart from visiting the Taj and other historical sights. The hawker/tout scene in Agra is as aggressive as any we experienced in India making this little oasis even more pleasant.

We booked for three nights on agoda but decided to only stay two and knew we couldn't get a refund. When we checked in I let the sweet woman who runs the homestay know and I asked if perhaps we could get a room upgrade or free meal. She offered us a nicer room, and cooked us breakfast and dinner! She felt so bad about the fact that we were paying for a night we didn't stay and really went out if her way to make us happy! Great service and value!

• Stayed May 2013
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed just or one night at Aman's and were greeted warmly and made to feel welcome. The guest house is a 15 minute walk to the East Gate ticket office for the Taj where you can then get a free shuttle bus, if not its a 25-30 min walk to the old town which was fine for us.
We had a pleasant room which was super clean and we were able to go straight to our room when we arrived super early at 8am. There was some confusion with the pick up from the toon as no one was there to meet us and after having asked for a rickshaw for Rs100 we got a taxi for Rs200 after calling Aman twice to see where it was.....might be easier just to arrange your own transport.
I would though say that even though we really enjoyed our stay we felt that Rs1,200 for this home stay is a little pricey especially as breakfast is Rs200 extra per person. I think if breakfast was included that would be more appropriate. Breakfast was very plentiful - bananas, cut fresh apple, fresh juice/coffee and heaps of toast but for Rs200 per person it seems pretty expensive considering most restaurants charging this price would include a choice of eggs as well.
Overall though, a nice guesthouse in a good location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am currently researching homestays in the golden triangle for my website and think that the family at Aman Homestay provide absolutely the kind of home stay that beats all others. This is a lovely simple friendly and little bit shy family who practise the Indian philosophy of "Atithi Devo Bhavah". You certainly feel as if you are part of the family here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Beziers, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I put 5 stars because of the atmosphere which I had found quite incredible. I only spend 1 night there (they were fully booked the second night) but in total they let me enjoy the garden and living room for 3 days! It was like if I was at my mum/grandma home!
And although there was no more money to earn from me after the first night, they helped find a room, and I could stay in the garden/living room when it was too hot to do something outside :).

Objectively:

Good points:
- Very welcoming people, and very helpful
- The living room where everybody eats, it is the perfect place to meet the family and other travellers
- 10 min by foot to Taj MAhal
- Amazing food from Ranjana, you feel invited to eat more that you actually can
- Quality/comfort of the room/bathroom/house is very correct

Bad points:
- I personnaly suffered from the noise of the AC and wind fans (I have sensible ears), but the other travellers had no problem at all (maybe it was me)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Almeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were immediately made to feel part of the family. Quiet residential area of Agra within walking distance of Taj Mahal. Immaculately clean rooms and delicious home cooked food upon request. Ranjana, Aman and family were extremely friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend Aman Home stay, great value, food a little expensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aman Homestay? Share your experiences!