“Palace this Hotel is NOT!” 3 of 5 stars

Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fatehabad Road, Agra 282003, India   |
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Agra
South Orange, New Jersey
“Palace this Hotel is NOT!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We stayed at the Jaypee palace for one nice since our first choice of Hotel in Agra was sold out for our first night here. This hotel claims to be a 5 star hotel. It has the lobby of a 5 star hotel, but the rooms, services, and food of a Best Western and not a nice best Western. The rooms need to be updated, the bathrooms were old and dingy. The bed be the hardest, most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept in. For $200 a night, in India, it was completely over priced. We had the buffet dinner and was completely disappointed. Poor quality food, with little to no taste. Even the Indian food offerings on the buffet were an utter disappointment. We check in at 4pm on Monday, and checked out at 9am on Tuesday. We moved to the ITC Mughal, Agra which was a true 5 star property. STAY AWAY FROM THE PEE-PEE PALACE

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We were a group of 3 families (3 friends their spouces and children) who neede to get away from the daily madness in Delhi. The name of Jaypee sprung up in a conversation at a party and the decision was instant.
We reached the hotel and dumped our luggage in our respective rooms, thereafter there was no dearth of things to do and explore. The women enjoyed the spas, the kids had a good time in the games arcade and we (the men) had a great time partying all night.
The hotel is an excellent place to go for a weekend and from first hand experience I can say that whoever goes there would leave the palce thinking that the weekend was too short.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Tundla,Firozabad,Uttar Pradesh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre is a perfect tribute to the finest in Mughal architecture.It is located on fatehabad road,Agra.It is almost 3km away from the Taj Mahal.The regal hotel is a glorious structural blend of red sandstone and marble and is spread over an unbounded 25 acres of elegantly landscaped luxuriant greenery, water bodies and pergolas.
This hotel is very beautiful and has elegant building.This hotel provides almost all facilities to their guests.There are all sorts enjoyment here.If anyone wants to see the heaven, can come here and see.The environment here is not less than the heaven.
The rooms of this hotel are very comfortable and splendid.Each room contains a set of bathroom which is also very bonny.The bed of rooms are very comfortable.There are windows in the rooms by which one can see natural beauty.
This hotel also provides the facility of splendid restaurant and bar.The chairs and tables are in a perfect manner.Everything here is in perfect manner.The bar has good facility of audio.There is also a charming garden here.This looks very very beautiful.fountains and beautiful flowers enhance its beauty.So this hotel is very nice and charming.I liked this hotel very much and suggest others that if you ever come to Agra then don't miss its visit.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
vientiane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

one of the best hotel of agra.
with alll modern facility.i am really impressed

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Parker, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I am a travel agent in a world-class Travel Agency and I went to a 6-day trip to India with my husband to experience the Golden Triangle Package. After a long trip from Delhi, we arrived there and it was so crowded because there was an exhibition going on that day and I really understand that. The hotel is big and the rooms and ambiance was great. The only fact that got in my nerves is how the female staff in the reception treated me. I was with my husband and we were on our honeymoon and I felt like I was just an assistant of my husband. They never looked at me. There was one female staff who guided my husband to our room because although I was with him all the time, all I was hearing from them is SIR. That was really humilitating and I will never stay in that hotel again nor will I refer it to my clients.

Bourne, Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

This was our second stop on the Golden Triangle Tour and on arrival it looked promising. Nice grounds and a very strange bright green welcome drink. Our guide took care of check in which seemed fairly quick although we got a twin room and not a double.

Room was clean and tidy although our balcony had no furniture which meant we could not use it. It took us a couple of times to find the quickest root to our room. We sat in the bar to make use of the happy hour and I can recommend the Honeymoon cocktail (or should I say mocktail) which was very refreshing. Tea and cake in the cafe was lovely, with a great selection of different teas and the cake was very tasty.

Plenty of selection and breakfast including omlettes cooked to order. The serving of tea and coffee was a bit on the slow side.

When it came to check out, the staff were slow. When it got to our turn, we settled up the bill for the bar and cafe with credit card. We were then informed that we owed for the mini bar in cash. We had one bag of crisps and one bag of nuts, the wanted to charge us for two of each and two cokes. After much discussion I got our tour guide who came and argued it out with them and we paid for what we had, however it did have the knock on effect of being late leaving and keeping the rest of our group waiting.

• Stayed March 2010
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We stayed here one night. Clean, quiet hotel with good service. Nice breakfast with Exec room. I recommend to have dinner at the Oberoi.

Note, I was happy with the bed, my wife thought it was too hard.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Jaypee Palace Hotel & Convention Centre Agra? Share your experiences!