“Hotel Taj ,Agra” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 110 hotels in Agra
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Hotel Taj ,Agra”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Luxury hotel with excellent hospitality & warmth by the staff.Good food options and good facilities & activities for children.Excellent view of the Taj Mahal.The staff goes out of the way to help for outdoor activities.

Room Tip: Taj Facing rooms are superb
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, December 15, 2013

Greetings from Agra
With reference to your feedback on trip advisor we would like to express our gratitude for your valuable feedback.
We would like to inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared with the entire hotel team and especially the activity centre staff for making your kids visit a special one. and this will motivate us to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is an average property by the Taj. And it definitely doesn't have the Taj touch when it comes to service. It feels more like an American-style hotel with limited service. I felt the attitude of the staff permeates a transient hotel that isn't expecting repeat business. Just once in lifetime visitors to the Taj Mahal. So there is no need to roll out the Taj experience. As I stay more often than not, at Taj properties, and love them, this was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Take the Taj view rooms on a higher floor. Its lovely to wake up to the Taj
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Agra

At the onset please accept my sincere apologies for the lapse in services
We would like to assure you that we are taking necessary corrective action in this regard to ensure that such incidence does not reoccur in future
I deeply regret the inconvenience & discomforts caused to you and hope that this incident will not diminish your otherwise favourable regard for the Gateway Hotels & Resorts.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in future. Please do get in touch with me for any further assistance.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Pleasant hotel and a good base for tourism. Room very nice, clean, food good. Internet access expensive, most other places is complementary. I would recommend the hotel BUT despite being asked they charged my credit card in GBP, not rupees as I asked. This is sharp practice at best, fraudulent at worst and spoiled an otherwise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Taj views not really worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Sir

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel Agra

At the onset please accept my sincere apologies for the discrepency in charging .
I have spoken to our bank and have asked them to provide better machineswhich inform about th option for charging in different currencies

We would like to assure you that we are taking necessary corrective action in this regard to ensure that such incidence do not reoccur in future

Bracknell
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Welcoming reception given. Room large. Tea/coffee and safe in room. Our room overlooked the main street. Although some distance away, there was some noise in the room. Local celebrations or perhaps religious service till 2.30 am, starting again at 6 am. Internal sound proofing could have been better. Our room near the lift suffered from inconsiderate other guests. Staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive without overdoing it. Breakfast buffet was very sedate, good choice, with egg dishes to order. Service was slow for tea, but fast for coffee. Wi-Fi is outrageously expensive. A sour note on leaving was that my cc bill was charged in UK pounds, thus costing me around 6%. As I had been given the bill in Rupees, I expected to pay in Rupees, but the transaction to pounds was conducted without my formal approval.
Despite all this, a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Avoid a room at the front.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

I would like to express my gratitude for your valuable feedback.

I would like to inform you that we will be redoing the double glazing of windows during the rennovation of rooms next year and will be ensuring that the windows in the room become sound proof.
I have also taken up the matter pertaining to the charging in UK Pounds with the cashier on duty and havve asked the front office manager to seek approvals for all such transactions. I once again apologise for th inconvenience caused

West Cork Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very moderate. The reception area is very grand compared to the rooms which while adequate could be modernised. We had room overlooking the pool which was quiet but we heard that those facing the road were not so quiet

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Agra
I would like to express my sincere gratitude for your valuable feedback.

I would like to update you that the Taj facing rooms are planned for rennovation ,during which we will also be ensuring that the double glaze windows are made sound proff

Amit Tandon
Rice VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We didn't stay at the hotel yet wanted to rate the restaurant located here. We spent an exhausting day touring the area and were tired and hungry when we arrived for dinner. What an oasis this place is! There were 10 of us - some Indian people and some U.S. people. The wait staff was patient and kind to us and brought a wonderful choice of excellent food. There was also a buffet yet most of preferred to order from the menu. Good service, excellent food and decent prices.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

I would like to express my gratitude for your valuable feedback.

I would like to inform you that your appreciation for our services at GAD has been shared with the entire restaurant team andthey have been motivated to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

Surrey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Gateway Hotel. Staff great, room very comfortable and clean. Acceptable bathroom with strange glass walls and an electronic blind to roll down, couldn't work out what that was all about!
Pool was lovely, a bit cold in November but not as bad as Delhi! Plenty of sunbeds and great pool staff. Ate in the bar one night, food was fine but very few chairs for such a large space. Had the buffet the second night, it was ok but nothing special. Breakfast was fine with a wide choice of dishes.
Would come back here again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mam,

I would like to express my gratitude for your valuable feedback.

I Have shared your appreciation for our services with the entire hotel team and this will motivate us to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

I along with the chef are also looking at options in making the dinner buffet a bit more exiciting

Pulkesin Mohan

Been to The Gateway Hotel, Agra? Share your experiences!