“nice stay in agra” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 108 hotels in Agra
ankara
“nice stay in agra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have stayed for one night to see Taj Mahal . The staff is very helpful. Rooms are very clean . We have a very nice indian dinner at the hotel restaurant. We have chosen the rooms with a view of Taj Mahal. Rooms have a nice view of Taj Mahal although a little bit far away.Road in front of hotel is a little bit noisy choose the rooms at the other side if this will be a problem for me. We had a massage at hotel SPA with a decent price and avery good one. I definitely advise for this hotel to stay at Agra

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
PulkesinM, General Manager at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Agra.

At the outset would like to thank you for your feedback about the hotel and services and would certainly share this with my team.

Your kind words of appreciation would only help motivate my team in performing better.
Look forward to having you stay with us again in future.

Please do get in touch with me for any further assistance.

Pulkesin Mohan

963 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Brookline, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was the highlight of our stay in Agra. A college friend of mine arranged a reunion here for 3 of us and our families..we met after 5 years. When the front desk heard the reason for our visit, they went out of their way to make us a cake and throw an impromptu party for us. In the evening there was a magician who showed the kids tricks and then gave them some props to keep! A gentleman by the name of Rafique plays piano in the lounge and thats pretty sweet. The restaurant GAD has an incredible breakfast buffet and includes an a la carte menu, as well as 2 chefs who will make any combination of eggs, pancakes, waffles or Eastern cuisine that you desire. Don't miss the mango lasso or the cold coffee...both are excellent. The staff demonstrate heartfelt hospitality and it shows in every encounter.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Taj...I think they are the even numbered ones.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
AmitTandon, Director of Sales at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, May 10, 2013

Greetings from Agra
With reference to your feedback on trip advisor we would like to express our gratitude for your valuable feedback.
We would like to inform you that your appreciation for our services has been shared with the entire hotel team and this will motivate us to further increase our service standards in order to make your future visits more comfortable and delightful.

Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Excellent welcome and friendly staff. I was made to feel immediately at home. The rooms are wel decorated and have lots of complementary water - better than most places that give you 1 bottle. The bed was comfortable and I really enjoyed my sleep. We ate in the Indian style restaurant rather than the international cuisine. The food and service were top notch. I had the tasting platter with 3 differn breads that were yummy. All for a very reasonable price. Wifi signal was excellent. Overall a very good experience. The reason for 4.5 stars from 5? I had a room that did not have a view of the Taj Mahal! Not a deal breaker though. Recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Taj Mahal view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bhubaneswar, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in the hotel from 9th Dec'12 to 12th Dec'12. My visit was to attend FAI seminar at Agra. My booking was upto 13th Dec, but rescheduled to upto 12th only.
I requested hotel staff to cancel booking for 13th but they told 1 day charge will be lavied as penalty (cancellation charges).
I do not understand this rule. If I am cancelling my total booking and paying 1 day charge, it is ok. But if I am cacelling my last day booking out of 4 days booking, i do not understand cacellation charges for that day.
I did not take complimentary breakfast on 13th (as I checked out on 12th), hotel should refund Rs. 1500 (which they charge for extra person).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The best part of this hotel is that many of the rooms have a good view of the Taj Mahal. Apart from this BIG plus point there is nothing much to talk about the hotel . It is like a normal 3 star hotel . The staff are helpful as with every taj hotel . The food is good and the overall experience of this place is in the range of average

Room Tip: surely a room with the TAJ view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AmitTandon, Director of Sales at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from the Gateway Hotel, Agra!

This has reference to your feedback received through Trip advisor with regards to your stay at the hotel in the month of April.

At the outset, please accept my sincere apologies, for not meeting your expectations in terms of our service and attention.
While it is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with exceptional standards of products and services, in this particular instance, we seem to have faltered. I hasten to add that your experience is not reflective of our usual services that we provide to our valued guests.

I would request you if you could take out some precious time of yours and further elaborate the matter to us so that we can take corrective action
Once again, I deeply regret the inconvenience & discomforts caused to you, and hope that this incident will not diminish your otherwise favourable regard for The Gateway Hotel Agra.
Kind Regards,

Yours sincerely,

mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Be it a Ginger, Gateway, Vivanta or Safari property, the TAJ people have taken some kind of an oath to treat their guests as precious gems!!!

There is a surprise waiting for you at every step of your stay in a Taj! Its a whole new world, a world of luxury, pamper, royalty, class, surprises & gifts!!! I am overjoyed with my stay at the Taj Gateway, Agra & this review is a trailer of my experiences.

At first I was a little sceptical as I was staying at a Taj Gateway property for the first time & wasn't sure enough if it would meet my expectations of the Taj standard. But it turned out that this property with the efforts, training & unique attitude of the team called Taj, have stolen my heart!

Taj & other high end properties have something called as their best available rates. The key to getting these amazing rates(paying in pennies as against taking advantage of the brand power!) is to book on the Taj website, look for a property & check their best rates or offers(which they keep coming up with). Another trick is to become members & take advantage of all the pampering there is like the gift certificates, free pick ups, free upgrades & a whole bunch of lucrative offers! I booked the best available rate on the phone & stayed for 3 nights by paying peanuts for a Taj property!

On my arrival, I was served a welcome drink, greeted warmly with smiles, luggage taken care off, no waiting & escorted to the room in no time. The rest of the 3 days were like I was floating in a bubble with everything else around me well taken care off! From the concierge, the lift man, the waiter, the receptionist to the GM everyone works on a Chinese whisper code language thing. When I would move anywhere within the hotel, I was always address by my name & I guess everyone knew my back ground & so each & every staff member was equipped to handle any kind of situation I was in. Nevertheless, the service I must say is the best in the industry!

The room was quite eloquent with state of the art decor, a kingsize bed & grand bathroom with finesse & traditional opulence. I had requested for a room facing the Taj Mahal at the time of check in but nothing was available. On my second day of stay in a series of surprises bestowed upon me, I got an upgrade to the executive Taj facing room, absolutely free!!!

Lets talk about the food, which needs no introduction! I had the opportunity to try both a la carte & buffet & each time I was in for a surprise, a culinary surprise! A burst of flavours, subtle yet crisp tastes, style & oomph defines the food of Taj. I was sure in a culinary haven enjoying the best food.

I would like to mention some special people who made my stay a very comfortable & memorable one. Ms.Ekta at the desk was ever eager & warm & an epitome of the brand that Taj stands for. The GM Mr.Pulkesin, went out of his way to play a perfect host symbolising the Taj star power. I hope I could do justice to express & share in a gist the experiences that will remain as an everlasting memoir in my travel journeys. Thanks to the staff & team of Taj.

As they say, the rest is history.

Room Tip: The Taj Mahal facing executive room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AmitTandon, Director of Sales at The Gateway Hotel, Agra, responded to this review, April 25, 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel was the second of our India tour, and was booked directly by ourselves. Belonging to the Taj Group of hotels, we had never experienced the Gateway brand, and we wondered what to expect as we arrived. However, we were not disappointed, and the hotel and its facilities matched our experience of all the others we have stayed at from this group. Our arrival was dealt with in exactly the same way, being made comfortable with refreshments by front of house staff while check-in was taken care of. All staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us during our stay, in the hotel's very luxurious surroundings. The grounds and pool at the rear are as just as breathtaking as we have come to expect from this group. Our room was spacious and impeccably clean, with a well stocked bathroom. The view from the window was, of course, nothing other than the Taj Mahal in the distance. When we made our way to breakfast, we were greeted by live sitar music in the entrance to the restaurant, which added to the atmosphere of this magical place. We would certainly like a longer stay here in the future to explore this area further.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Amit Tandon

Been to The Gateway Hotel, Agra? Share your experiences!