“My impressions” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 111 Hotels in Agra
Houston, Texas
“My impressions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I am staying here at the ITC Mughal in Agra. I have just checked in and am planning to stay for 2 nights. I am here with my family. Some early thoughts.
1. The staff were very friendly and welcoming.
2. The hotel lobby is clean and inviting.
3. We had reserved 2 royal mughal suites and had requested adjoining rooms since we are a party of six. When we arrived, we were assigned to what the front office staff called the presidential suite. It is a two bedroom deluxe suite that is very spacious and nice overall. It certainly fits our needs well and is quite adequate. I was however quite surprised to see that the carpet in both bedrooms is quite dirty and old. It is quite astounding to me that a luxury hotel would permit this.
4. I was also told that the gym was only open from 8am to 10pm, which is quite ludicrous for a hotel that caters to international clientele.

I am still evaluating the hotel and will update this post after my stay, but so far I am not too impressed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out some of your precious time and posting your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It is our pleasure to know that the service provided to you were appreciated and also that we could make your stay a memorable and wonderful experience.

Ashutosh Chhibba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Wonderful experience at this hotel, especially as a Starwood Gold Member. Wonderful, helpful, knowledgeable staff at reception/concierge, accommodating staff at the restaurant ( I am diabetic and they made every effort to make my meals memorable. My upgraded room in the Moghul area was wonderful with a huge walk-in shower. Laundry professionally done... I didn't even want to wear the clothes that were so beautifully ironed!

Room Tip: I would definitely opt for a Moghul Room if you can!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

New Delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I'm surprised myself that i'm writing this review just hours after i have checked in and have 2 nights to go in this hotel. Had booked a non refundable deal on website otherwise i would have taken my money back. All the excitement of a fantastic drive from Delhi had been shattered by the arrogant staff who checked us in. We had booked throught the hotel's website on the complimentary room upgrade offer and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that this offer was not applicable on any booking done for the suites. I was shocked to here this because of 2 reasons - one the website didnt mention this at all and i was happy to show this to the hotel staff and second it didnt made any sense as one pays more to book a suite. This happened even though the hotel staff confirmed to us that the offer was valid on the booking and we were even told that they were offering this to the guests who had made similar bookings with them. The person we spoke to did nto deny this (one good thing).
An arrogant staff member (Ms [---]) spoke to us like we didnt know what we booked and what we were talking abount. I didn't wanted to tell her that we much bigger and better hotels than this throughout the world and probably have seen much more courtious staff. Its when i insisted on speaking to the front office manager the real fun and budle of lies began. First, that statement was taken back that the offer was not available on our booking and they said that this offer is subject to availability and they obviously dont have any higher category suits available. We called this bluff when we told them that we were willing to pay for the difference if higher category suite is available and suddenly the suite was available. After this the front office manager offered us free lunch or a SPA treatment instead of the upgrade, which we politely declined as we were not here for this. Both me and my wife thought that all of this looked like a poorly rehearsed plan to offer these freebies after telling the arriving guests that the offer they booked for is no longer valid etc.
I'm an ITC loyalist and have very fond memories of this hotel and other fantastic ITC hotels in India, but this experience forces me to think more than twice before booking ITC again. I must say i still do love the hotels specially the food and the fantastic SPA (which is a bit expensive though).
Now i also know that the GM of the Hotel will have a standard reply expressing apologies for what happened after we leave the hotel, which has no meaning at all as we will carry bitter memories of this stay with us and probably wont come back ever after this.

Room Tip: Book in the renovated wing for sure.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that might have been caused during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with our Managers who are taking the necessary steps to prevent this situation.

We would be very pleased to have the opportunity to receive you again at ITC Mughal Hotel, so that we can show you that our deepest concern is our guest satisfaction.

Lincoln, NE USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Excellent place to stay. Very elegant property, conveniently located, quiet, large rooms, excellent food and service. Breakfast buffet was very good. Only stayed one night and we wish we would have stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ITCMUGHAL, Manager at ITC Mughal, Agra, responded to this review, December 26, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night with several friends in late December 2013. This is a gorgeous hotel. The lobby, lounge and pool areas are beautiful.

The hotel has several nice restaurants with delicious food. The breakfast is very good with a wide selection of food options. The customer service and staff were great. They were very attentive, professional and nice. I even had someone come to my room to knock on my door and wake me up when I didn't respond to 3 wake up calls. They felt obligated and committed to providing us good service.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and with nice decor and a cool low couch large enough for 2 people to sleep on the couch.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Hanover, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We were delighted to arrive at this hotel after a long drive from New Delhi. The hotel is beautiful and our suite upgrade was excellent, complete with chocolates. It was a wonderful escape from the congestion and smog of Agra. Upon check-in, we asked the desk to make us a dinner reservation at Peshawri (their Indian restaurant), and they fit us in though the restaurant was clearly pretty booked. Peshawri was phenomenal.

We had a late lunch in the bar area before checking out and they did not charge us for my toast, which was a nice touch (I had gotten sick in New Delhi so was going easy). The service in the bar was very good.

I had only two complaints:
-A Sprite at breakfast cost 325 (387 with tax), equivalent to over $5, which seems absurd, particularly given that the whole buffet was only 1,000 and that the can was brought without even a glass and ice
-Checkout was difficult because the clerk (Vinay) called us up to the counter and took our room key but then proceeded to work on other things (including copying someone else's passport and making change for someone behind us) before checking us out; during this time, two other clerks offered to help but he said he was helping us, so it took much longer than necessary

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Noida, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

this was an instant getaway, for our course get together for a night at Agra. Amidst fog on the highway with josh the 76 reached the much inviting lush green ITC Mughal agra. the place is well kept, a Lil hustle bustle of the main city ( required!)
check in was smooth as silk with the keys ready and prior information of arrival. the rooms kept neat, though a little older in size and shape, but warm enough in hospitality.
not to mention the rich Indian food offered at various multi cuisine restaurants, Mr Pawha (F & B) made sure nothing went wrong with the F&B till we checked out!
the hotel is located closer to east gate (3 km) short drive, and the front desk can arrange a visit for you to the Taj.
the hotel also has a good shopping arcade inside.
not to forget the observatory at a level from where u may spot the Taj sipping ur T during winters.
thank u staff of ITC Mughal!

Room Tip: get on to pool facing in case u can!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Ashutosh Chhibba

Been to ITC Mughal, Agra? Share your experiences!