“Terrific Food, Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
50% Savings on 3rd Night
Ranked #2 of 107 hotels in Agra
Overland Park, Kansas
“Terrific Food, Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I was in Agra for only one reason, to see the Taj. I was very happy when I walked in the see the nice lobby and was greeted by staff who took care of my checkin whilst giving me a refreshing drink.

Once escorted to my NON SMOKING room, I immediately knew the room smelled of smoke and I advised the staff upon entering the room. After a few minutes in the room I called the front desk to be moved to another room that hopefully would not smell of smoke. After waiting nearly 15 minutes, I decided to walk down to the front desk myself to find porter to move me. Finally, someone came and moved me to a new non smoking room. There was nothing special about the room, but my dinner and breakfast were among the best during my 2 weeks of travels. The restaurant seemed to cater more to western style food and I could even enjoy a drink with ice in it!

I also took a swim in the pool which was nice and really large.

Except for the smell of the first room, it was worth the price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you by the smoke smell in your first room. The hotel is mainly non-smoking with just 15 out of the 137 rooms being smoking rooms.

Thank you for your kind comments about the food in the restaurant. Our chef will be happy to know that you enjoyed your meals in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Agra.

1,304 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Much better than we thought taking into account what we'd paid for it. Much cheaper for what it offers than any other hotel we found in India. Good rooms, very nice staff and good location.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review of our hotel and your kind comments.

I am happy to know that you found our hotel value for your money.

We at the Trident strive to offer our guests first class products and services at affordable prices.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Agra.

Faridabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

trident hotel in agra is beautifully modern built hotel ..within the city .. A 5 star hotel with 5 star amenities...the stay at trident was definately worth it..

Entrance was beauituflly done with a big lobby from where the swimming pool could be seen on outside..and we were provided with beachballs and tubes fo safety of children.

They had restaurant and bar,poolside service ,and a coffee shop!!

A must eat @ restaurant is - chocolate pie.. its simply awesome ..!!

the hotel had everything from a beauty salon to car rentals facilities to baby sitting facilities to gift shop ..just name it .and they already had it ..!!

as we checked out of the hotel ..my teenage children were given a set of colorbook with pen.

the rooms were not massive enough ..but to compensate they were very clean , beautiful ... The room service and everything a to z was spectacular!!

since we did not carry the camera we dont have the photos ..so i am posting a one taken from internet!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 8, 2010
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your kind comment about our hotel and especially about the restaurant and food.

I am happy to know that your family and you had an enjoyable time here with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Srinagar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

Amazing service....the Hotel is best,,, i went with my spouse and the service they gave us was amazing..The staff was Polite and always ready to help you...The rooms were clean ,spacious, hygenic...and comfortable.The food was very tasty...The hotel is very near to Taj Mahal....

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The Trident Agra is nice hotel by international standards. The service has been among the best since arriving in India. My arrival was met with smiling doorman and excellent concierge service. The staff was hospitable and very welcoming and helpful. The pool is fantastic and was wonderful after spending time sightseeing. The food at the restaurant was wonderful. I ordered the Pasta Arrabiata and it was among one of the best I've tried and that's a high compliment, considering I used to live in Italy.

I did have a problem with the first room I was put in. It started to fill with the smell of smoke. The staff did not seem to bothered by this, but they did honor my request to switch to a new room after I called down twice.

Some things that could use work. At a hotel with these standards it would be nice to have ice available for drinks, especially for a 475 rupee margarita. The TV's are also very old. I'm surprised they haven't switched to LCD's yet. The internet service is expensive.

The worst part of the hotel was the travel desk. They did not help me at all. I asked for information on buses, trains, and flights to other cities and all they tried to sell me were private taxi service (at I'm sure a large commission to themselves). Instead of trying to help me book a bus or train tickets to Delhi, they kept trying to sell me a private car for 10,500 rupees. Then they tried to sell me 2 hours in their car for 850 rupees just to sightsee. And they tried to get me to pay 800 rupees to go to the train station. It only cost 200 by prepaid when I went to the hotel. All in all the travel desk and its staff reflect poorly on the hotel.

If you want to sightsee and don't want to pay that ridiculous amount. Just outside of the hotel there are usually rickshaws waiting and there's a taxi stand about two blocks down across from the mall.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel and for your kind comments. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and specially the food. Our Chef will be pleased to receive your feedback.

I do apologize for the experience with your margarita; ice is very much available and should have been offered to you, on your request. As for the television set, you will be pleased to know that we are already in the process of changing our old TV’s to new LCD TV’s.

With reference to your comments about the Travel Desk, even though they are a different entity to us, however as they work closely with the hotel, how they deal with our guests also reflects upon us. I have taken up this matter up with the manager in charge of the travel desk and will ensure that such incidences are not repeated in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Agra is a must if you visit india and you must experience the service of the trident, agra. a clean and green property, it is a charming place. not a majestic property but a beautiful one none the same. the swimming pool is cute. the staff is always helpful. the rooms are sweet. i would say the trident agra is all about value for money! :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Agra.

New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

It was a wonderful visit. Clean rooms, great service. The breakfast is really very good. One should try the chicken biryani for lunch as its quite sumptous. Just one thing where improvement is needed- air conditioning. Also the AC switch was a little confusing, but was sorted out with the prompt service desk. Overall, a great experience. Enjoyed playing chess in the bar:)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, July 17, 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the quality of food was up to your expectation.

We have noted your comments about the airconditioning in the room and will have it looked into immediatly.

We look forward to having you with us again in the not too distant future.

Vishal Bharti

Been to Trident, Agra? Share your experiences!