“Very Nice and Clean 5* Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fatehabad Road, Agra 282001, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Agra
Anaheim, California
“Very Nice and Clean 5* Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels I stayed in in India. It was big, clean, safe, and the rooms were lovely. I had a pool view room. They offered 2 complimentary water bottles per night, the TV had a lot of channels, and the hotel was close by a strip mall that was near a McDonald's. I didn't go there, but if you were looking for something to eat or do nearby, it was walkable (though I wouldn't recommend women to walk around at night alone). The hotel was located only 2.5 km from the Taj Mahal too!

The breakfast buffet here was amazing and the staff were excellent and quick. Though the wi-fi was not free, the hotel offered a business center with 4 computers that anyone could use for free. It was very convenient to have around, especially since my phone had stopped working.

The rooms were beautiful, the bathrooms were clean and immaculate, and this hotel was everything I hoped for in a 5* accommodation. Great hotel and highly recommended when you're in Agra!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Trident as a preferred hotel during your recent visit to Agra and for sharing such a fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community. We sincerely appreciate your time.

I have conveyed your gracious comments to the entire team, for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.

It is our continuous endeavour to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly memorable and your recognition for the team is heartening which will encourage us further.

My team and I are delighted to note that The Trident will remain your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Agra.

I thank you once again for your appreciative feedback and look forward to the delight of welcoming you back to our city and to our hotel.

Rohit Dasgupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

The service from start to finish was exemplary. Restaurant, food and service beyond reproach. The chef Ashutosh was excellent and my waitress, Sanya was wonderful. The atmosphere in general was very relaxing

Stayed December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

I am happy to note that our service exceeded your expectations. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

Your positive comments about Sanya and Chef Ashutosh are deeply appreciated and have been communicated to them. I am sure that these will go a long way in encouraging them to strive for higher levels of excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

It was late afternoon and I was sweat socked and hungry after showing Taj Mahal to my relatives and their two small kids from USA. Well, we decided to drive to nearest restaurant in The Trident Hotel. It was relief to feel the coolness as soon as we entered the hotel building. We were greeted by one of the staff and offered seats. While looking at the menu, I asked the staff that we would like to go by your Restaurant's Chef's choice. A while after, we found a tall and handsome Chef walking towards us. Ashutosh as he introduced himself and we asked for what best he would like to feed us since it was late and the restaurant was about to close. So we took his advise and settled for mouthwatering Dum Biryani, Lamb Rogan Josh, Mixed veg, Garlic Naan, some Raita, papadoms with fresh mint leaves sauce. Meantime, Chef Ashutosh made couple of trips back to our table and ensured that we were enjoying our meals. He reluctantly sat with us for few minutes on our request and shared much more about the hotel.The touch of world famous "Personalized & Tailor Made" Oberoi hospitality was evident. Sensing that two kids with us were not very enthusiastic to eat meals, Chef Ashutosh winked one of his juniors and a movement later, kids just freaked out after seeing chocolates and ice cream in front of them. Needless to say, we enjoyed this late lunch and want to offer Basketful of thanks to this young Chef Ashutosh Awasthi.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing The Trident during your visit to Agra and also for sparing time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have been of service to your relatives and you and are happy to read such a delightful recommendation.

I am happy to note that you were delighted with our service and I am particularly pleased to read your compliments for Chef Ashutosh. We believe that people make a hotel special, giving it heart and soul. Guests such as yourself are the true inspiration behind our philosophy towards hospitality. Our endeavor remains to continuously engage in guest satisfaction and service excellence.

All of us including Chef Ashutosh look forward to more opportunities to welcome you back to our city and our hotel.

New Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The hotel was my first choice out of all others in Agra near Taj Mahal as I had never stayed in any of the Trident(s). Pros - 1) Proximity to Taj Mahal (1.5kms), 2) structure of the hotel is superb i.e. instead of tall buildings it has only two floors, 3) within its half a km radius comes McD, KFC and Pinch of Spice (one of the famous restaurants in Agra), 4) the staff is excellent and very cooperative, 5) Breakfast buffet is amazing and lavish.
Cons - 1) When you drive from Delhi to here, it will be difficult to find Trident as their direction boards are missing where all other hotels have done it at good intervals, 2) i booked a non smoking room but their way to those are when you pass through the smoking rooms (hated the most), 3) they need to add more in house activities as there were only pottery and Mehandi wala (for expats i believe, for any Indian i don't think these activities fit).

Its a good hotel but next time i will try some other chain.

Room Tip: Pool view or Garden view, there is hardly any difference..mine was garden view but could also see po...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time taken to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We are grateful for this opportunity.

The team and I are delighted to note that you had a great stay with us. Your appreciation of our product, food and service is indeed heart-warming.

We at the Oberoi Hotels and Resorts take great pride in the service levels at our hotels and experiences of all our guests. Guest feedback is the most integral part of this endeavour and through feedback we strive to be better.

Regarding your comments on the hotel Signage and Smoking smell in the corridor, please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please allow me to assure you that we have initiated necessary corrective action in this regard.

I thank you once again for gracious comments and look forward to the delight of having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Snells Beach, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is well kept with good comfortable rooms. Everything is spotless and the rooms surround a central garden which includes a swimming pool. Service is somewhat impersonal. Breakfast is very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

The entire team joins me in thanking you for staying with us and for sharing your experience at Trident, Agra on Trip Advisor .

We are happy to note that our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. It is our constant endeavour to deliver best services and it is appreciation and feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Flitwick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Having stayed in the Mumbai Trident, this came as no surprise. Clean. comfortable but expensive food and drink. We stayed two nights as part of a group tour and found the hotel to be very convenient for the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort and the "Baby Taj"

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to note that you found our services gracious. Your positive observations regarding our product, services, food and facilities is inspirational for all of us. It is our continuous effort to provide our guests with the highest level of service and to make their stay truly memorable

I regret you found the prices of food high .We feature premium produce on our menus and as such most meats, seafood and vegetables our sourced from other cities. We also endeavor to keep our prices in line with similar hotels in the city, however based on your feedback we shall relook at the prices and make amends accordingly.

My team and I assure you of our best services and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

london england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Like most people visiting Agra we stayed for one night. Check in took an age when we were in a hurry to get to the Taj for sunset. The rooms are pleasant if a bit dated. We ate in the hotel in the evening and thought the food was okay, nothing special and the wine was very overpriced even based on non Indian wine being quite expensive. The price of a bottle of wine that we can buy in London for about £6 was nearly £50 so needless to say we didn’t bother. Breakfast was very good. Check out was a disaster when the lady serving me put an extra ‘0’ in the credit card machine. I didn’t notice it at first so my card was charged £1500 instead of £150. When I did notice it took about 10 minutes to sort out the refund.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the reception area if you don't want a long walk!
Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TridentAgra, General Manager at Trident, Agra, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Rohit Dasgupta

Been to Trident, Agra? Share your experiences!