“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Taj East Gate Road | Near Shilpgram, Agra 282001, India   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #3 of 108 hotels in Agra
Agra, India
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

We were on golden triangle visit. This was our first experience of Radission hotels. On arrival we were offered complimentary drinks and were upgraded to pool View room. The best part of the stay was the servcie that we received from their staff at the reception. Service and food in the restaurant were good but the hotel staff always greets you with a smile on their face.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HVohra, General Manager at Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at The Radisson Blu, Agra recently. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor.

Our endeavour is to offer excellent accommodation, food and prompt service to all our guests and my team and I feel privileged that you have considered writing this review.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Radisson Blu , your home in Agra.

1,409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Location great for Taj east gate,expensive food but good service in the restaurant.Room was spacious and clean with large bathroom and tea making facilities. Appeared to have a damp problem (de-humidifier present) as did other rooms from what we could smell. Reception area needs updating and overall the quality does not justify the price.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

At the outset allow me to thank you for your patronage towards The Radisson Blu, Agra.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments with regards to the food pricing. We would be glad if you could share more on our buffet quality at The Latitude. We will ensure the feedback given by you will be followed.

I sincerely hope that you will treat this stay in isolation and not let it mar your overall impression about our hotel and services. Your feedback has been shared with the concern area's and will be addressed accordingly.

We look forward to have you staying with us in the future and allowing us to take care of you in the manner that you so rightfully deserve.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a nicely put together property not very big and quite near to the Taj. We stayed on the business floor the rooms were spacious & comfortable.

The service was very good particularly be it the tea lounge which also serves cocktails( complimentary for business floor guests between 5 to 7 pm) in case you have kids and can't go into the club lounge though they also have a children's room & baby sitting services which went well in our experience. The breakfast was good and the poolside grill restaurant was competent.

The location is excellent; less than a mile from Taj it's located on the main approach road amongst the very few good roads in Agra.

My gripes and the reason I don't give them the highest rating;
1. I enquired about the Taj; what's the best time, best entry - I got a blank!
2. The mosquitos I encountered while at the poolside grill in the evening
3. The somewhat patchy wifi in the room

The view from the rooms is sad though I guess the hotel can't do much about it! A extra particularly for those traveling with kids is a complimentary puppet show in their shopping arcade which seemed to have some nice shops though we didn't get the time to venture into them

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued guest,

At the outset allow me to thank you for your patronage towards Radisson Blu, Agra.

Your feedback is very valuable to us as 'moments of truth' never cease in our business and it is most important to immediately rectify our shortcomings and listen to feedback to ensure corrective measures.

I look forward to your benevolence in not allowing this experience to color your impression of our usual standards and services. Your feedback is been shared with the concern area's and will be addressed accordingly. I like to take this opportunity to inform you about a complimentary show that we conduct at hotel for our resident guests, its called Noor-E-Taj and it talks about the lesser known facts of Taj Mahal. We urge our guests to see the show before they visit the Taj.

Thank you!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

On a month-long sojourn in India, comfort in the evening, after touring all day, was important. The hotels before Agra were good to very good, but my experience in Agra will be hard to top. The hotel sent a car to pick me up at the train station, and the personally greeted me. Upon arrival at the hotel, I learned that they were having some small climate-control problems, and so I was put up for the night at another very fine establishment in Agra, for the same rate as the Radisson. The hotel staff, including the manager, who spoke to me personally, were very apologetic and most helpful, even going so far as to comp my dinner at the hotel the next night. Upon my return to the Radisson Blu the next morning, I was greeted very warmly and shown to my room, a business-class suite that had every comfort. Before leaving for India, I had signed on for an upgrade, and it was done seamlessly. For the rest of my stay, the staff couldn't have been more helpful, arranging a car, driver and knowledgable guide, as well as being flexible with my departure time, as my train left late in the day. The room service was excellent, and the food was of the same quality. When I travel to Agra again, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The hotel fronts onto a busy street, but is set back somewhat. I had a room in the back of the hotel...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are lovely, decor is not over the top but just right and elegant. Prompt service, great staff.My husband and I were particularly impressed with the innovative session named Noor-e-Taj where one of the staff members talk about the history and mystery of the Taj Mahal. Suggest that guests go for the session before visiting the Taj. Food could be better although the restaurant Dawaat e Nawaab was excellent! Overall a great experience.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to read such encouraging comments for the hotel and the team who are equally pleased with your feedback and join me in thanking you. The hotel is located very close to the iconic monument of Love- “Taj Mahal.” After a day of exploring historical sites, relax in the spa or outdoor pool and dine at one of the on-site hotel restaurants. You can rest in comfortable, spacious rooms with convenient amenities. I am glad to know that you liked the show- Noor-E- Taj, it is our endeavor to let our valued guest know about the "lesser known facts of Taj" before they actually visit Taj.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your return visit to Radisson Blu, your home in Agra.

Warmest Regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Location is brilliant, we really enjoyed our pre-dawn walk to the Taj on our second day staying here. The food was very good, breakfast selection was vast and very good quality. We had evening canapés as part of our room package and they were very nice. We ate an Indian meal for lunch and it was delicious, the chef came to see if we were happy and we were. The staff were also very attentive to make sure that the food they prepared was well received by our child. The room was great, exactly what you would expect of a hotel of this calibre. We had a slight problem while we were there and the hotel staff took the time to understand our concerns and worked very hard to reach an agreeable outcome. They should be commended for their attempts and for their efforts I can truly give this hotel five stars.

Room Tip: A little extra to get to the Club/Premium rooms on the fourth floor has benefits such as tea and cof...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

A very conveniently located hotel near the Taj complex and they also provide you a ride to the Taj on a electric buggy. We had booked through a travel website not their hotel site and I was hoping there would be no issues. It was a very pleasant surprise that check-in went off smoothly and they also upgraded us to the higher category. We were travelling in a family group and without asking they gave us two rooms next to each other.
Food in the coffee shop was excellent and we ate there all the time even though they have an mughlai speciality restaurant. One of the group had dietary constraints and the chef and restaurant manager were very helpful in getting food done to his requirements and very tasty as well. Staff were very friendly and helpful - even though they had three weddings on at that time.
Overall very good hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services. Your generous comments will encourage us to do better. Thank you for the appreciative comments about our team and our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Agra!

Harpreet Vohra

Been to Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate? Share your experiences!