We stayed here for three nights in February, 2013.
- Friendly staff
- Deluxe rooms have balconies
- Restaurant on the roof top with inexpensive, good food, and a view of the Taj
- Pick-up from the train station
- Our room was not very clean and the bathroom smelled really bad (strong-smelling, musty urinal balls in the sink and shower)
- The double bed was two twin beds pushed together and the sheets were not clean on one bed
- Wifi was very choppy and often didn’t work at all
- The homestay’s rickshaw driver (Bablu) was very kind but we felt pressured to employ him, and, because of his affiliation with the hotel, it was awkward to haggle so we often felt ripped off. He also tricked us into going to an expensive sit-down lunch when we had requested a snack stall so that he could get a free thali lunch (his commission for bringing tourists to the restaurant)
- The laundry service was ridiculously expensive, with no posted prices – 10 small items of laundry (t-shirts, boxers, socks) came out to 225 rupees! Don’t do it!
- The homestay is not walking distance from anything, so you have to take a rickshaw
Overall: We would look for somewhere more central next time, but the hotel itself is average low-budget accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pyrenees is a family run homestay located in Taj Nagari residential area, just a few minutes walk from the busy Taj Ganj and Taj Mahal (1 km). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, MakeMyTrip and HostelBookers so you can book your Pyrenees Homestay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.