“Beautifull Bears” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 90 things to do in Agra
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildlife SOS - Agra Bear Rescue Facility is a home to 230 rescued dancing bears. Forest Department Admission fees: 500/- Foreigner 50/- Indian.(Only 10 minutes tour by security) DOES NOT GO FOR BEARS BUT GOVERNMENT. Guided Tour - 1500/- per person information & interaction with WSOS staff and guided 90 minutes tour. Wildlife SOS - Elephant Conservation & Care Centre is a home to 10 rescued circus & begging elephants. Guided Tour - 1500/- per person information & interaction with WSOS staff and guided 90 minutes tour.
Brisbane
6 attraction reviews
“Beautifull Bears”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2015 NEW

This is an extremely well run facility, make sure you pre book so that you will be met at the gate and shown around. You get to meet all the different bears and see the great work that is being done.

Visited March 2015

Gurgaon, India
“This was again the most memorable trip of my life! NOTHING comes close.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2015

I have visited this place again for 2nd time now. What an experience. Selfless service these guys are doing there.. Such a love for animals and Once you hear the heart wrenching stories of animals there, there would be a definite paradigm shift in your thinking! This motivates and prepares me for all the hardships in life. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy it!

Visited April 2015
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A highlight of our India trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2015

Before an afternoon visit to the Taj Mahal, a friend and i visited the elephant sanctuary to learn a little and to do something a little unusual. It did not disappoint - the sanctuary seems to be doing great work, and we had fantastic access to the elephants. We were taught a lot about the elephants, their individual personalities and the reverence (but also some poor treatment) of the animals in Indian culture. It was also a refreshingly flexible and interactive experience that felt more like a personable tour and guide round the area from a friend than a formal tourist activity (which it isn't, really - the place is a functional reserve first with incidental tourist opportunities if anything).

We'd certainly recommend!

Visited December 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I've been there twice now, and both experiences have been amazing. The work that Wildlife SOS is doing is incredible and it is almost life changing to be able to interact with these amazing animals in person.
You get to see that they are incredible creatures that have led very unfortunate lives, and it makes a very strong case for why the work of organisations such as Wildlife SOS is extremely crucial.

I definitely recommend a visit!

Visited June 2014
“Didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

In February, I had the most amazing opportunity to volunteer with Wildlife SOS in their elephant and sloth bear sanctuaries in Agra. I spent one week volunteering at the elephant center where I got to bond with 7 beautiful elephants and some of their caretakers, or mahouts. In my first day there I had learned all the elephant names and their tragic stories. I bonded with them, fed them, and loved them more than one could possibly imagine. Their caring nature and forgiving hearts have always captivated me. The fact that they endured years of abuse and cruelty, many being left for dead, and have been able to forgive us is truly amazing. The same can be said about sloth bears. Wildlife SOS has put a lot of effort to bring an end to the tradition of dancing sloth bears. They have nearly 230 sloth bears in their Agra facility and the majority of the bears were previous dancing bears. The scars of their past have left a permanent mark on their muzzle, the place where a hole was pierced and a rope was pulled through in order to control the bear. Not to mention that many of these bears had their teeth pulled out while they were cubs. My head cannot even begin to comprehend how anyone can bring so much pain and suffering to an animal. My week with the bears was just as endearing and educational as my week with the elephants. I was mainly in charge of creating both the structural and food enrichment with the bears and then I got to observe their behavior as they interact with those enrichments. I loved watching them play and fight. I loved watching them be the bears they were always meant to be. I don’t think I ever stopped smiling while I was there. Every moment was beautiful and wonderful and there aren’t enough words to describe my experience volunteering for Wildlife SOS.

Visited February 2015