“Prime Location for a Taj Mahal Visit” 4 of 5 stars

Sai Palace
3/117, Chowk Kagzi, Tajganj, | near Hotel Kamal, Agra 282001, India   |
Ranked #41 of 145 Agra B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Prime Location for a Taj Mahal Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We did not enjoy Agra as a whole, however the hotel acted as a small piece of sanctuary from the crazy, filthy, dirty city. The staff on reception were deceptively helpful. The room was spacious and clean and wifi connection was excellent. Great location accessing the west,east and south gates for the Taj Mahal, genuinely a few minutes walk. If you DO choose to stop over in Agra (I would see the Taj Mahal and move cities straight away!) then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This hotel is excellent place if you want to visit Taj. You can walk to the south gate of Taj Mahal only in 3 minutes. Rooms were basic. Upstairs air conditioned. Downstairs not. Depends on your budget. Very cheap. Food in the restaurant was decent and freshly made. Although we ordered 3 different dishes and they all came in identical sauce. Roof top restaurant is lovely place to relax with a view to Taj.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Very near to Agra. Neat and clean. Very good value for money. BUT If you book online , then they will try to give a room for which you have not originally paid. They will try to put you up in a cheaper room. And might ak for more money - this is exactly what happened to me. Typical Indian style ! But cannot complain about the hotel !

Room Tip: Visit Taj early in the morning - to avoid crowd. One of the gates open at 6 am. Must visit Fatepur S...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Among the places I stayed in India, this was the least I liked.
Although the location is great, it's not worthy to stay here.
The room was not very clean, smells naphtaline, free wi-fi but soooo slow that we can barely use it, and to make it worse, there were many power outages... So under 48ºC degrees, can you imagine us in a room without A/C? It was a nightmare...
I asked the front desk guy to call the train station to check my reservation, he did not want to call there... Only if they'd charge me, whereas everywhere I stayed they'd call there anytime I needed.
I do not recommend it...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We only had one night in Agra so I booked this place in advance after some promising reviews and it met our budget. I contacted the hotel 3 months in advance to make a booking and they said they only accepted bookings 2 months in advance, pointless. So I re-contacted them 2 months before our arrival date and booked a delux room, the guy emailed me confirming the booking and requested our arrival time as they can't take any down-payment, fine, I gave them my arrival time. The night before our arrival we were in Delhi, I had my email print-out but decided I would get my Delhi hotel to call them and confirm the booking, this they did and the room was defo booked for us. After a long day on the road we arrived tired and filthy at the hotel at around 7pm to find that even though we had booked the room and confirmed it the manager had given it to someone else!! WHAT KIND OF SERVICE IS THIS?? They did offer us an alternative but it was truely awful however we had no choice but to take it. It was the dustiest room I have ever stayed in and not even worth the 300r it cost me. The food upstairs in the restaurant was very poor as well. To be honest I wouldn't recommend staying in Agra full stop, its an awful dirty place, yes the Taj is lovely to see and is the fort however I would just day trip and aviod Fatephur Sikri as there are more touts than there are tourists :-/

Room Tip: Don't bother booking. If you must stay somewhere cheap with a Taj view turn up and take someone...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

the hotel is in the middle of the bazard at few hundred meters from the taj gates at a wakable distance, really convenient.
we stayed one night in the room 19 and we have paid 730 Indian roupies. the room and bathroom were clean, with clean bed sheets and towels. there was also free wifi, AC and TV included, which make it a very good value for the price. actually the best I have had in India so far (I am leaving in India and have been to many hotels).
the hotel has nothing special exept a rather nice roof top terrasse. the restaurant provides decent food at acceptable prices, but nothing special.

Room Tip: ask for the room 15 located on the roof top terrasse
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

we arrived in Agra at arouund 10.30 pm on the night of Aug 11 so we were pretty much beat after a long trip by train from delhi. we were looking for room in 3 other hotels in south gate before we asked a group of tourists in the street where they were staying and they point us here and after we looked at the room we decided that it is by far the most decent of all hotels that we've checked that night! great room with real AC (not that old one that is built into the wall) TV cable, no blanket as they only provide bed sheet, but they did provide towel (which is important to us), clean bathroom but shower smells rusty so we took shower from the bucket. they also have laundry but they did not iron it :(
checked in process is not that long and the restaurant's food is also decent! we paid 800 rupee per night. if youre looking for a clean room with great location then this is it

stayed at aug 11-13
traveled with a friend

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Sai Palace? Share your experiences!