“Great taste despite the appearance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 189 Restaurants in Agra
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
PERUGIA
“Great taste despite the appearance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Even if the first impression is not the best, the food is! Prices are not crazy, while taste is very good. I had a paneer rawa dosai and a mango lassi, both incredibily good. I will definitely come back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Wonderfully basic, great mains”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We like to mix the rough with the smooth, so ventured here from the Radisson much to the annoyance of the rickshaw guy, who looked down on our choice. It is a surprisingly basic venue, but this adds to the experience and authenticity. The starters weren't amazing, onion bhajis are way better in the UK but the mains, dosas, were fab and huge. Not the friendliest place, I left a good tip and there was no acknowledgement of recognition when we saw our waiter at the trajn station the next day. Unlike a guy I bought gin from, who bounded over to say hello again. No beer sadly at this restaurant but the lassi was great. Hygienic too, no problems later.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Agra, India
“Good South Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We are visiting Lakshmi Vilas from last 20 years.We have always found this good in its preparations. Butter masala dosa and rava masala dosa is good. Sweet curd with idli is also very good. We are also always eating lachha parantha and it is excellent to have .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The staff were lovely. I've found some if the nicest places I've eaten to be so basic inside and this is the same. Recommended by an Indian fellow I met on the train who is from Agra. As a vegetarian this place was heaven. Ordered so much food I hadn't heard before in the comfort I knew it would be suitable for me and probably really tasty. The coconut dosa had me and my girlfriend whooping. Really recommend this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gateshead, England
“Agra - Lakshmi Vilas Restaurant - South Indian Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This place was recommended by our Homestay chap as being excellent cheap south Indian veg cuisine and he was not wrong. We dropped in here late afternoon and it was surprisingly clean and tidy inside although it was a bit basic. The food we ate was mainly delicious though not all of it was to my liking and we washed it down with a few lassi drinks. Easy to find and very welcoming the place was extremely competitive and worth seeking out. Very much worth a visit.

• Visited March 2013