“Worst hotel I have stayed in India so far.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Saniya Palace Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Saniya Palace Inn to your Saves list
Saniya Palace Inn
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Chowk Kagziyan,South Gate, | Taj Ganj, Agra 282001, India   |
Ranked #41 of 115 Hotels in Agra
Oslo, Norway
“Worst hotel I have stayed in India so far.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The receptionist is the unfriendliest person i met. Offensive and always trying to sell, taxi, Taj Mahal tours and so on.
The room was bad too. It smelt like a public toilet and the bathroom of course even worst. Everything was old, wet and bad looking.
My opinion. Stay away from this hotel. Btw,we had a deluxe room. So I don't want to know a standard look in this weak and unfriendly environment. I really can't underrated how this hotel got in the lonely planet. Worst recomendation of lonely planet ever!

• Stayed November 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
SAINT CLOUD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We did not stay here but we did eat here four or five times. The view that the pictures show is accurate. The Shanti is the only other place with as good as view. I like this place. It is like a little garden on a roof with pretty darn good food. It isn't expensive, has a mixture of western, Chinese and Indian food, and has nice service. I ate here more often than I did anywhere else for the week I was in Pushkar. It is definitely worth a climb up the stairs for this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place is awesome! The rooms were clean and cosy, room price was very fair and the staff were very cool. Especially Ravi the Patrick Swayze lookalike. After visiting the surrounding restaurants i can confirm the view of the taj from the rooftop restaurant here is easily the best in agra!

• Stayed November 2013
Kiel, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a standard room for 700 rupies.via email I asked beforehand if wifi is included, which was confirmed.but at the check in they charged us 750.which was 50 for the wifi.later we complained and got the 50 back.
The room was old.the windows were all rusty and the celling was wet and the paint was coming down...even on the bed.
The warm bed cover which you need, because it gets cold in November was stinking from urine.we actually threw it out in the evening.

one of our mattresses was bedsore and thin.we complained and they changed the mattress- but the bad one was only changed with the room next door.
The bathroom was really disgusting.when we were wiping with a tissue over the toilet seat there was dirt coming off.the smell in the bathroom was horrible.
The tiles were nearly coming off the wall.we did not want to use the shower.

We wanted to continue to Delhi afterwards, so we asked at the reception if they could help us organising the tickets.they told us there was only sleeper class and it would cost us 150 rupies each plus 100 rupies commission fee each (!!).this would add to 500 rupies.
We went to the train station and got tickets ourselves- which we found was very easy- for 160 rupies (2nd class was available) for both of us.

after a glimpse in the hotel kitchen we chose only to eat toast there.the kitchen seemed as dirty as the rooms.

If you have a choice.choose another hotel.the view from the top cannot make up for the very bad interior.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel only goes from bad to worse.. We made a confirmed booking and were told we would be picked up from the train station - this didn't happen and on arrival our booking was not noted. We booked a standard room for 700rs, instead had to take a "deluxe" for 1050 incl. WiFi. The room had no windows and we got no lock for the door, also BYO toilet paper and towels as they're not included. The WiFi we paid for didn't work, and the electricity consistently goes out.

While the restaurant has great views, so do many others in the area where you hopefully won't get food poisoning from the sub-par menu. We lost a day after eating a chicken dish. The hotel staff are not helpful, and when we had to check out a bit late for being so sick, we had to pay a half day room charge.

We go so far as to actively prevent people coming here to avoid disappointment. For such a high price in India - it was absolutely disgusting.

Room Tip: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
christchurch, nz
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Best roof top views of Taj!! Basic but clean rooms hot water. Paid 300 for a room for the day arrived at 7am left at 5pm, even had a small window with view of Taj. Fantastic chicken tikka masala for lunch. Friendly staff. Great place 5 min walk to Taj.

• Stayed October 2013
Agra, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I booked a two-night stay here. I was kept awake the first night by the stench of the room. When I told the receptionist I was only going to stay one night, he did not refund me for my second night. I decided to go back to the room since I wouldn't get a refund and noticed the cleaner just putting the pillows and blanket back to their original spots - without washing any of them! The receptionist then charged me double what my train ticket to my next destination cost (I noticed on the printed price of the ticket). Everyone that were there saying how much they're getting ripped off by the hotel. Stay away from here! The only reason I'm giving this an extra star is because of the roof top hotel. It has a great view for the Taj. So Come here to eat, but definitely not sleep!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Saniya Palace Inn? Share your experiences!