“Pathetic experience..!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 128 Specialty Lodging in Agra
Delhi
“Pathetic experience..!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our first time stay at this Lodge. I went there after seeing such good reviews . But the trauma started when we checked in there. We went on 22 June 2012, a time when temperature was around 44.0 c. Room provided to us had a so called AC which was merely working on a blower not on compressor. I have visited with my parents who are elderly and needed rest after a long journey. When the non functional AC was reported to the reception we had its owner Amol Dhir visiting our room. As per him AC was working fine and inspite of our request he refused to change our room even though rooms were non occupied. I was taken a back by his arrogance. He even threatened us by telling he is a known individual in that area. I had no option at that time as I had my parents with him but to spend that night in that cheap lodge. We were forced to deal with that pathetic condition in such a terrible hot weather. Even Room which we booked was the Top paid room which had cockroaches roaming freely. Even food which we ordered was horrible and tasteless and a complete waste of money. When I told Mr. Amol Dhir that this experience will be shared by me then his response was " Your review won't matter much to me ".. Well hope this experience helps you in taking a better decision.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

It's our first time visit to India and our first intention was to visit the Taj at Agra. Needless to say that we were fascinated by the beauty of the Taj. Anyway, during our 3 days, 2 night staying at Dayal Lodge, we got decent service from the authority. They tried their best to serve the visitors specially the foreigners like us. We choose the Lodge for two reasons: it's affordable and more closer to the Agra Fort and the Taj. So, we could roam around the Taj without any tension. The food quality wasn't up to the mark. I recommend the room at the south corner will be the best. Overall, Dayal Lodge will help you in a convenient way to explore Agra within a limited budget.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Dayal Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thanks for such a candid review. Since Feb '12 we have improved a lot on the food we serve, from qualified chef to decent servers. Hope you have a finger lickin' Indian food next time you stay with us. Keep spreading the word. Thanks
Allahabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed during my official trip for seven days, food was so deliciously mom-like that for the first time I didn't mind staying in a hotel for so long. Big kudos to the proprietor for being kind enough to enable wifi in my laptop for almost no charge. Such gestures win guests.

Room Tip: I preferred staying in a superior room, the room in the corner was calm.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
AmolDhir, Owner at Dayal Lodge, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thanks for your review sir. We look forward to serve you again soon.
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

An home away from home. I came to visit agra for 10 days and chose this place based on couple of recommendations....things I liked......helpfel owner, knowledgeable staff, affordable prices....will surely recommend it....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Have stayed at dayal lodge twice, and would be staying there again very soon
Nothing very great about the lodge, ya i agree with the earlier review that the service is good
Overall a decent and clean place to stay if you are putting up in this part of the city

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2008

This is a great little guest house located in uptown about 20 minutes from Agra Fort, about 30 minutes from the Taj, and less than 5 minutes away from the Rathasoami Ashram. The rooms are clean and the two single beds in the room we stayed in were comfortable. There was also a TV with cable, a large bathroom with a marble sink, and an efficient AC unit.

What really sets Dayal Lodge apart is the service. The proprietress, Mumta, is one of the nicest ladies I've met on any continent. Upon checking in she gave us her cell number, and when I needed water, extra blankets and pillows, etc, she immediately provided them. She takes a genuine interest in her guests and can give good advice about seeing the sites in Agra. Most impressive of all, when my partner and I were lost in an auto-rickshaw she literally ran out to the street and found us. She then gave us some clothing we had left behind in our room, flagged another auto to take us to the train station, and called later to make sure we had made our train. More money might get you obsequious hordes of peons, but the best service in Agra only costs 750 rupees a night.

• Liked — The great level of service
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Dayal Lodge? Share your experiences!