A nice place to stay with family. The cottages were good but looked a bit old. The hotel is located in the outskirts of the city, so everytime you need to go to the main city, you need to hire a taxi or an auto..
The hotel restaurant is really good and the food was very tasty.
There is no view of the lake from the cottages unlike its name suggests as the trees have grown up and it very much depends on the cottage you check in..
Overall, it was good and we enjoyed our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lakeview sits pretty on an 8 acre stretch of land, on the sensuous terraced slopes of a hill offering a magnificent double spectacle. Even at an ambling pace, you can reach the boathouse in 10 minutes flat, or the bus stand in 15 minutes.The complex has easy access to every part of the town and beyond.Experience the pleasure of living besides Ooty lake with family and friends in the Queen of Hill station.The largest and the most exclusive hill resort in Ooty, Lakeview consists of 123 specially designed, fully independent luxury cottages. Hotel Lakeview is where you begin to experience Ooty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Hotel Lakeview reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Hotel Ootacamund
- Hotel Lakeview India/Ooty