“Hotel is average” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36 - C, Garden Road, Ooty 643001, India   |
Ranked #46 of 71 Hotels in Ooty
“Hotel is average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Hotel is walking distance from botanical garden. Food and service are ok. Worst part of the hotel is the rooms are not painted properly and rooms smell bad as the wall are having fungus all around. I would not perfer this hotel if I visit ooty again.

Room Tip: Super Delux room are good
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kochi (Cochin), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Me and my wife and son stayed here from August 24th to 27th. A double deluxe room was already reserved through their website. Rent was Rs.660 including tax ( Off season price) and the room was very spacious and the bathroom was neat and clean. The only problem I felt was hot water is available from 7am and it is not available 24hrs. During my stay their cable network was interrupted and my son was little bit unhappy. Altogether nice stay at affordable rate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I went there with my fiancee for 5 days. I wish we didnt do the advance booking for 5 days. Here are some things I observed:
• We were told that we would be given a separate guest room in case of unavailability of rooms if we reach earlier than the check in time that is 12:00 noon. We reached there at 7 in the morning and were made to wait in the dining hall for 3 hours. We had to sleep on the chairs and tables.
• The rooms which are shown on the website are not at all like the ones we were offered. We changed 3 rooms before finally settling for a comparatively decent room.
• The entire hotel reeked badly as it was raining non-stop.
• The rooms were full of flies. They sprayed HIT only after we threatened to leave the hotel.
• The room service sucked big time. The staff didn’t understand English/Hindi.
• The food was totally crappy. None of their items were palatable. The kitchen, which could be seen from the seating area, was in a mess, completely unhygienic.
• The towels, which they claimed to have washed daily smelled badly. I doubt if they even washed them regularly.
• We had to make do with a single blanket for the whole 5 days. They refused to change it.
• There are no fans in the rooms.
• There are no showers/jets for the commodes.

I know the rates are very economical but trust me, its not even worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

hi we total 2 familiy went to ooty and stayed in this hotal from 24th june to 26th june 2011.Belive me we enjoyed like anythig.we booke two double bed room it was 660 per bed room per day size of room were big with tv,sofa and bed with hot water.Resturant menu was very economical and worth only one small issue service was very late but we managed.Overall i will recomend this hotel who wants in budget.Its next to botanical garden.

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

1-parking lot is filthy and away from hotel front. 2- not at all situated in a pleasing location . ares is crowded near the gardens and hotel does not have a welcome atmosphere. 3- all kinds of 3 rd rated guests stay in groups , very unruly, untimely arrivals in the night , occupying the corridors rather than their rooms shouting, howling , laughing historically and closing/ banging the doors through out the night of our stay on 6th may 2011. never could have wink. never got a refund for the next day. vacated and stayed in a good hotel later. complained to 'make my trip dot com' who booked this one for us.this hotel name does not seem to be there in their list any more!

Room Tip: near by hotel ponnmari could be tried.
Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Room was ok..hotel staffs also pretty supportive...,But neglect to hire cab through Hotel..I found they are charging more....Other than that its ..fine.
ChandraSekhar-Chennai

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Tokyo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed non A/C room. Location is near botanic garden. It took less than 10minutes from bus stand and railway station by auto-ricshaw and costs about Rs.60. I could see tibetan flags from the room. The room was clean but so COLD in Decenber. The water wouldn't be hot. I recomend you bring clothes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Been to Vinayaga Inn? Share your experiences!