One cant stop praising this wonderful Victorian Delight in Ooty. The location, the mansion itself and service are all Best of the Best.
When we arrived, a typical Victorian mansion greeted us with its long driveway which gave way to a beautiful lawn with geese and a 1950’s ‘Hillman’ on the porch. It really did feel like we were back in the British era – gabled roof, the beautiful garden where probably the British once socialized...
We visited this place with 5 families on the weekend of 27- 29th June for 2 nights and I must say the stay was wonderful. The villa is a really heritage Victorian mansion which is more than 160 years old and the inside is maintained the same way. There are 9 rooms out of which 5 are within the heritage villa and 4 in a newly constructed wooden cottage which is beside the villa. The Dining area and living area are well maintained with old antiques and well kept old furniture.
The rooms are just unbelievable in size with real working wooden fireplaces which they light-up during the nights. The bathrooms are very large in size and have been modernized for the comforts of the guests.
On our second evening at the villa they arranged a bonfire for us which was really worth the cost ( Rs. 1500 ) it was also one of the most amazing fun filled evening we had after a long time at a vacation.
The breakfast definitely has some scope for improvement.
A Special THANKS to Mr. Karthikeyan, the Manager who was so attentive and took care of all of us very very well and always carried a smile which made us feel good. The villa staff need special COMPLIMENTS for their untiring and helpful nature. They really know how to pamper you and would never say no for anything. On the whole, they all made sure that our stay with them was perfect.
Would I recommend ? Yes, especially for couples and families looking for a peaceful holiday.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the Blue mountains, in the south of India is the unparalleled 'Queen of Hills Stations', Ooty Here touching the heavenly clouds the magnificent 'Glyngarth Villa' surrounded by boundless tranquility and splendor ... This Heritage Home, built in the year 1880 by Sir Walter Mounde in the colonial style, just outside Ooty town, has been home to many a rich and famous persons ... including the former Prime Minister of India the late Jawaharlal Nehru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Glyngarth Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glyngarth Villa Hotel Ootacamund
- Glyngarth Villa India/Ooty