Following are things I experienced:-
1. The room service was very good. I had booked a Premier Suite but was not very much impressed by the room. The room was small and had very less vacant space. When we checked into the room, the toilet faucet was leaking badly. We called up the housekeeping who fixed it promptly. The room was equipped with a double bed, a TV, a dressing table, a Cabinet, sofa and a locker for valuables. The interiors of the room were very good.
2. Overall upkeep of the resort was good. The Resort is located on a hill top and provides a fantastic view of the valley. The Resort has a lawn which is very beautiful. We took some photos in the lawn. The lawn has a dining space which was not utilized.
3. The TV had lot of Tamil channels and very few Hindi and English channels.
4. The hotel staff was courteous
5. The view from our room was good but we were told valley view which was not the case
6. The Hotel was accommodative of our check in and check out time. The checkout time was
10.00 . We checked out at 2.30 pm and were charged a half day’s room rent.
7. The food was really good. But was very spicy for my wife. They can make it a bit less spicy.
On the first day, we ordered the breakfast in our room. the la-carte breakfast was very expensive(2 masala dosas, 2 plate idli and 2 coffee cost us 900 bucks)
Also due to less occupancy, Buffet was not arranged for the first 2 nights. But the a-La-Carte was good. They have a bar which was ok. There are not many options in hard drinks and it is charged separately(not a part of the package). Tandoori items like Chicken tandoori takes a long time. But it was yummy. The options in desserts were really good. The breakfast had lots of options . The Chef was very friendly and courteous. He came across every table and inquired about the food.
8. The Hotel travel desk was really good. They arranged for my pick up from Bus stand, Drop to bus stand and sight-seeing .
9. Due to less occupancy the SPA and health club was closed during our stay.
10. On our last day, the check-out was very quick and hassle free
Things to improve:-
1. The La-carte breakfast needs to be a bit reasonable
2. Wi-Fi connection was chargeable. Given the premium we paid for our stay, we expected this bare minimum service.
3. SPA should be open every time irrespective of the amount of occupancy in the hotel.
4. Simple things like bottled water were charged. Given the premium we paid for our stay, we expected this bare minimum service.
5. The Resort can arrange for a bon fire when the number of occupants is more.
6 Hot water facility was available from 6 to 11 in the morning and 6 to 11 in the evening. This should be available 24 X 7.
A very good holiday destination. Will really enjoy the stay and food. Value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enveloped by the clouds at 8000 feet and located exactly where the "Queen of Nilgiris" was discovered, Sinclairs Retreat Ooty is the highest located hotel in South India and unquestionably the best located hotel in Ooty. The hotel has 79 rooms and suites, and two villas with interiors that are modern and charming. The luxurious rooms are equipped with tea/coffee makers and cable TV. The valley view rooms offer stunning views.The resort is equipped with an array of facilities. This includes a Wi-Fi enabled reception area overlooking a three level-landscaped garden, Deluxe, Superior, Premium Suites and Deluxe/Honeymoon suite, conference and meeting facilities; three halls - Regal, The Windsor and The Summit and an open area - The Terrace. Fine dining at Pine n' Petal, a multicuisine restaurant, The Portico, a coffee bar for beverages and snacks, and High Point Bar, a stylish bar and a cool cocktail lounge.The highlight of the property is a vibrant entertainment and recreation zone with indoor badminton, pool table, table tennis, board games, video games, kids play area, library and lounge. Moreover, the hotel comprises of a fitness centre with gym, steam, sauna, and spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sinclairs Retreat Ooty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty Hotel Ootacamund
- Sinclairs Retreat Ooty India