“Good stay... but not very happy!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mount 'n' Mist

You added Mount 'n' Mist to your Saves list
Mount 'n' Mist
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Kalhatty Ghats, Mysore Road, Ooty 643005, India   |
Ranked #1 of 81 Ooty B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Good stay... but not very happy!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After seeing all the positive review and the facilities in Makemytrip i opted for Mount n Mist hotel. I booked the rooms through the Mount n Mist website. The hotel had an amazing view and the location is really good away from the city not noisy. But my husband and i were disappointed when we saw the room. We saw the details in Make my trip about the room facilities and booked the room. We had booked a Deluxe Double Room and these were the facilities mentioned in the website :
Tea/Coffee Maker;Bathroom Toiletries;DVD Player;Mineral Water;Snack Basket;Fruit Basket;Daily Newspaper;Dining Table;Room Heater;Study Table;Living Room;Sofa Unit;Hot & Cold Running Water;Fireplace;Direct dial phone;Bathtub;Safe Deposit Locker;Refrigerator;Balcony/sit Out;Shower Area;Cable Tv;Iron/Iron board
Apart from very few facilities mentioned more than half the facilities (Tea/Coffee maker,living room,sofa, bath tub, fireplace,refrigerator,snack n fruit basket) are not there in this room which was very misleading and i have not seen a library, coffee shop or games room as mentioned. I would request the management to correct the details which are mentioned in Makemytrip. The food was ok. We did have a pleasant stay but was just disappointed as we expected all the facilities mentioned to be true.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest
At the outset we thank you for taking time to write your experience on Trip Advisor.We really value all your feedback as it gives us a chance to grow and improve on our services.We are glad that you enjoyed the location,the food and the property
We are really sorry for the service rendered which was not up to your expectations. Please be assured that all the points that you have brought up will be taken up immediately. Regarding your issues we have contacted Make My Trip to correct what facilities we provide in Deluxe Rooms.The Queen & King Suite comes with living & dining area.Tea/Coffee maker is provided in the Suites only. We also look forward to welcoming you at Mount n Mist and eager to create a positive experience for you.
WE HAVE RAISED THIS ISSUE WITH MAKE MY TRIP TO ADVERTISE ACTUAL FACILITIES WE PROVIDE AT THE RESORT.
Thanks and Regards
09443002000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This is budget hotel but a very nice one. Located on the 8th bend from top on the Ooty - Masinagudi road (36 Hair Pin Bend road). The rooms are big and clean. We booked 2 separate rooms for 2 families but they offered us a 2 Bedroom apartment with a common living room, which was a bonus. Good for late night gossips, children to play around in the living room. It has nice views of the mountains. All rooms has same views. We stayed on the lowest level. As this is on the mountain its built like layers. The garden is also layered (3 or 4 layers) small but with lots of flowers, which makes it beautiful and good for photo shoots. The Manager & owners are good. But the service is little laid back(not a big issue for a short stay). It has a restaurant which serves good food. We enjoyed our stay a lot. Value for money for the budget.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and have good views.
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time off for posting such a delightful review on Trip Advisor and also for recommending Mount n Mist..

Your positive observations regarding our resort, facilities, and restaurants is inspirational for all of us. Also, your compliments on our resort ‘being the best in everything’ is truly a honour for the team.
It is our continuous endeavor to provide our guests with highest levels of comfort and hospitality and it is motivation from discerning guests such as you which encourages us to give our best.

We value your continued support and patronage and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Yours Sincerely
Chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Away from the town, the resort is in a place where Mist is always covered. Very quiet, natural place, abundant of O2. Resort rooms were well-maintained. Food is good and tasty. The hospitality from Ravi, Jolly and the team was amazing. We recommend this place for families and newly married for a pleadant experience. In a crowded Ooty, this place is closer to heaven.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from "Mount n Mist".

Thank you for staying at Mount n Mist, Ooty & taking out time to give us your feedback and valuable comments.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your Stay with us, as well as our various Facilities and the Services we provide at our resort..Such comments coming from you,is indeed of real value to us!

Our priority is to ensure that our Guests get the best possible Experience while in our care.I have passed your comments to our Management Team & Staff; thank you for acknowledging their efforts and hard work.

I hope to see you again in the near future and I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. Wishing you the very best.

Warm Regards
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Me and my wife went to Ooty for the first time and were looking for a nice place to stay. Came across this resort called Mount and Mist an checking on the reviews and having a first hand pleasant conversation with Ravi (Owner) we decided to go for it. And after having a pleasant stay for 4 days and 3 nights I am happy that we made a right decision. The place was very good quite and calm. The scenaric beauty was very good from the room view. And most importantly the staff was very good in behaviour. Every request was fulfilled and taken care of. The environment was too good. All the facilities were available. The travel desk was very good, the driver was good and helpful. Also I give my sincere thanks to Mr. Ravi who drove all the way to Ooty bus stand to drop us himself as all of this drivers were engaged with other Tourists. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are very attactive and better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Sir ,

Thank you for staying with us and for giving us a top class review on TripAdvisor!The entire team at "Mount n Mist" join me in conveying their appreciation for all the good words you had for us!!

We are really thrilled to see that you liked everything about the resort- be it the quality of the room, amenities used, quality of food or the overall experience at the resort.Your special compliment to our staffs for their efficiency has been conveyed to them .
All of us at the resort take pride in going that extra mile to create guest delight in each of our interactions.Thank you so much for being so generous in your appreciation.

We are delighted that "Mount n Mist" will be your address whenever you are in Ooty in the future and I personally look forward to the pleasure of meeting you during your next stay with us.

Thanks and Regards ,
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at this place for a weekend and were extremely happy with our stay. I have stayed at other places in Ooty, and from my experiences so far, if I had to recommend a place to my friends and family, this would be the one.

1. The Room: The room was nice, clean and comfortable. It had a wall mounted TV with tata sky connection and a good WIFI Internet connection. Outside the room, there's a place where one can sit and enjoy the scenic view of the mountains - perfect for sitting and having a cup of tea/coffee. Even from inside the room there's a good view of the scenic beauty outside.
The bathrooms were clean and dry with all necessary stuff like tissues, clean towels, etc in place. Hot water was available at all times.

2. The staff: The attendants were friendly, soft-spoken and helpful. They were responsive - for example, when I had issues connecting to the Internet, it was fixed within a few minutes of me informing them. The owner of the place - Mr Ravi - took time to speak to us about our stay, suggested nice places to visit. He even arranged for freshly baked biscuits and some fresh vegetables from the farm near the resort for a low price.
What's more - he even extended our checkout time for no extra charge - our checkout time as per the booking was 12pm, but we were able to visit a few more places and come back, have a late lunch and checkout well past 3pm. He was genuinely interested in making our trip nice.

3. Location: Location is nice and scenic. It will be more suitable for people with their own mode of transport as it is about 20 minutes away from Ooty town (it is at around 8th hairpin bend from Ooty). But I guess having a vehicle when visiting Ooty is advisable anyways as it allows you to visit some excellent places outside Ooty town. You won't find restaurants, shops etc nearby, but the food in the resort was good enough.
When returning from Ooty to the resort (i.e., climbing down), sometimes police may stop you and want you to climb down from a different route (which is extremely long). This is because they don't want people to use this route to exit Ooty. For this, the resort gives you a paper which acts as a proof that you stay at Mount N Mist - in which case the Police will allow you through.

The resort can also arrange for some nice trips - I didn't try it this time, but I plan to do so the next time - especially the early morning trek to see if I can spot a few animals.

In short, next time I visit Ooty, I need not waste any time finding hotels - I'm headed straight to Mount N Mist!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, August 30, 2013

Yours Sincerely
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Before I start writing about the place , I would like to thank Mr Ravi for making our trip such a wonderful one .. the place s just simply superb.
After doing a lot of search on internet we booked this resort in Aug end. A lot of great things have already been said about Mount n Mist - so no doubt it was the best stay we ever had. Everything was superb from location (nice place to enjoy the nature) to ambience, food, staff, room service etc....
Staff was very helpful and courteous. Special arrangements have been made by Mr. Ravi (OWNER) He arranges a cab for us for sight seeing (RANJITH) very good safe and patient driver i thank him for his service. My daughter had a good time with their pug Jickey. Overall it was a great experience.
Mr Ravi keep it up , We will be back soon.

With Regards

Anand & Karthik

maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It was good to know that you liked our services and the resort..

I appreciate your kind words and compliments of the resort especially the service aspect and the product on a whole. We always strive to keep our service & surroundings at its very best for our guests to be always delighted. The comments on the services of the restaurant and food served also encourages us and your appreciation will be passed on to our staff. .

Please do let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future, and I would very much appreciate if you give us another opportunity to ensure that we can create a near perfect ambiance at "Mount n Mist" on your next visit to Ooty.

Look forward to welcome you at Mount n Mist in future as well.

Regards
Managing director
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It was a memorable staying in Mount N Mist during our visit to Ooty. The hotel location is very good (staying inside nature). The room was good & service was also too good. Another one important thing is that all foods prepared by them was less spicy although test was good.
Important thing is Hotel owner, Mr. Ravi is a very nice person. He helped us a lot. Before my trip, I discussed with him & request him to provide contact detail of car owner / agent, whom I can book for my trip. He gave me contact details & I booked the same person. Throughout my trip, driver given to us was very nice & co-operative. There was absolutely no problem. If anyone is planning to visit Ooty, you can book Mount N Mist blindly & car also.

Room Tip: All rooms are on same side facing.
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at "Mount n Mist" Ooty and sharing your views on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to note that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us..

We are committed consistently providing warm,efficient,discrete service to all our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgment is our greatest reward.

We value your support and patronage and are glad that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards
09443002000

Been to Mount 'n' Mist? Share your experiences!